Tony Hurts Genetic Guarentee??? (HETS) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-26-2007, 01:26 AM   #21
soberguy
I'm fairly new to the BOI, and I freely admit I have no stake in the thread at hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Evolutions
I will only post on here one time. So many things get posted on here that are simply not true.
I just have a question about the above quote. I've been reading a lot of BOI threads lately, and I see one common denominator:

When someone is called out, and says they'll only post once, they usually end not only posting much more than once, but also end up being labeled/proven a "Bad Guy".

Is that a fair assessment of the majority of the "Bad Guy" threads?

Reading that, to me, is just one gigantic neon sign with alarm bells. Correct me if I'm wrong though...

Old 05-26-2007, 02:05 AM   #22
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by soberguy
I'm fairly new to the BOI, and I freely admit I have no stake in the thread at hand.

I just have a question about the above quote. I've been reading a lot of BOI threads lately, and I see one common denominator:

When someone is called out, and says they'll only post once, they usually end not only posting much more than once, but also end up being labeled/proven a "Bad Guy".

Is that a fair assessment of the majority of the "Bad Guy" threads?

Reading that, to me, is just one gigantic neon sign with alarm bells. Correct me if I'm wrong though...

Brian, Tony has a lot of good guy threads here. I have done business with Tony and didn’t have any problems in my transaction.
I have posted several positive posts in regards to his business. Many people like him and he has a pretty solid reputation.

With that being said, the thread starter has stated that Tony offered something different if the animal didn’t prove.
I would hope Tony would address that part of the first post. It always comes down to how you handle the bad transactions here not how many good ones you have had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyblep
When I purchased this animal I just got done proving a Rick Miller het albino out that did not prove out, So I told Tony that I was only looking for Hets that were produced by him I was not buying any third party hets anymore. I was not going down that road again. He reassured me that he produced the animal and gave me a guarantee of if it did not prove out he would refund my purchase price I would get to keep the female (now a proven breeder) and I would get a albino of my choice.

Old 05-26-2007, 02:19 AM   #23
soberguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman

Brian, Tony has a lot of good guy threads here. I have done business with Tony and didn’t have any problems in my transaction.
I have posted several positive posts in regards to his business. Many people like him and he has a pretty solid reputation.
Understood. Was simply making an observation from my reading about the behavior / type of posting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman

With that being said, the thread starter has stated that Tony offered something different if the animal didn’t prove.
I would hope Tony would address that part of the first post. It always comes down to how you handle the bad transactions here not how many good ones you have had.
Agreed. With the number of deals done, there's bound to be a few that go bad. Customer service is huge, and one's ability to ensure customers are satisfied is, IMO, what decides who gets more business.

Old 05-26-2007, 02:22 AM   #24
reptirus
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyblep
He reassured me that he produced the animal and gave me a guarantee of if it did not prove out he would refund my purchase price I would get to keep the female (now a proven breeder) and I would get a albino of my choice.
Everyone does make mistakes, the odds of this actually being a het are INSANELY low, although there still is that 1 in 8911 of a chance that it is actually a het, but I believe the quote above is the solution to our problem. He said if it did not prove out he would give you your money back, allow you to keep the proven breeder, and give you an albino of your choice. Regardless if it is a het or not, after 2 years of not proving out, I think the original deal upon this problem should be upheld.

Old 05-26-2007, 09:26 AM   #25
wyblep
Well first of all I would like to thank Tony for taking the time to come on here although I think I personally am owed a little more time then it takes to post one small post? So I really hope you will infact return to this thread and answer a few of the questions that have been asked. I still do not believe I have a het and I would like to know why did you give me the guarantee if you had no plan to stick to it if this problem would arise? Was it just to make the sale? Tony I do not feel that I am out of line at all, I am only asking for what you promised me if she did not prove out. Also is there any chance that you might have made a mistake? Maybe putting in a codom male in with the mother of my female and did not see anything happen so you decided to run an albino through her? These are all just examples I'm giving. I know you asked me if there was anyway I could have made a mistake and there is not a chance at all.I have all my hets for my albino project in two racks and The only thing that gets introduced to those racks are my albino males. I already emailed Tony pics of the female two years in a row and had him match her up with his records and I have saved all the emails from Tony stating that she is the same female he sold me. Well Tony I am going to ask again is the buyback for original price the only thing you are going to offer me? Paul

Old 05-26-2007, 10:53 AM   #26
wyblep
Oh Another question I have for you Tony is why wont you answer your phone? I have called you morning noon and night every day for the past 16 days and you never once answered the phone? I have asked you to call me back and never once did I receive a call? Is this how you conduct your business? When you are selling something you sure answer the phone or return calls. I do not want to wait until next year to resolve this because to tell you the truth I do not know if you are still going to be in the business. I feel that this is a large problem with this hobby/ business, People sell animals and by the time they prove them out that person is long gone or they live in another state so to go after then legally it is just not worth the investment of trying to get a judgment against them. Well I think its about time that these people are held accountable for there actions. Tony I am not going to let this slide. You think about what is fair for both parties involved and post it here and we will see if we can get this resolved. Paul

Old 05-26-2007, 11:01 AM   #27
nora
Well, for Tony to have sent you a supposively 100% het albino female, and you not to produce any albino offspring can most likely be deemed as false representation of goods received. In other words, this is an fradulent transaction.

Now whether Tony wants to own up to it is his choice, but if I were him, I would make every possible effort to make this right. He should at least offer a refund less initial shipping cost, along with an albino female, and you returning the non-het female back.
For the amount of money you have lost in 2 years, it only seems justifyable to me, in my opinion.

Old 05-26-2007, 11:27 AM   #28
wyblep
I feel that is owed at the very least. I also found this intresting. I ran across one of Tony's old ads that was posted around the time I hatched the first clutch out and he was pre selling albino's for $1800.00 a piece. I hatched six eggs that first year and statistically three of them should have been albino's which ultimately cost me $4800.00 in production. Tony do you not feel that what you have cost me in production does not warrent any compansation? Here is his ad. Paul

03-15-2006, 09:53 PM #1
Snake Evolutions

Name : Anthony Hurt

Trader Rating: (7)

Warning Level: 0 2005 & 2006 Available Inventory

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spider Females
250 grams 2500, 00 ea.
650 grams 3100.00 ea.

Mojave Females
400+ grams 4000.00 ea.
Buy two for for 7500.00
Buy three for 9000.00

Cinnamons
275 grams 50% het albino female 5000.00 each
400 gram female 4000.00

NERD Line Lemon Pastels
2005 males 450 grams 600.00 ea.
2004 males 800-1100 ready to breed 1200.00 each
2005 females 600 + grams 1700.00 ea.

Het Albinos
2005 males 450+ grams 100.00
2005 50% het females 200-400 gram [Cinnamon sibs] 200.00 ea.

Select Females [ held back for marker such as clear bellies, blackbacks, granites, blushing heads, floating patterns, reduced patterns, and more cool stuff]
200 grams 75.00 ea buy four or more for 50.00 each
400+ grams 150.00 ea.
600+ grams 200.00 ea.
800+ grams 300.00 ea.
Large Quantity Discounts available

Granite Male
2005 350 grams 100.00 ea.

Harlequin Male
2003 Breeder Male 300.00 ea.

Also available for presale
2006 Cinnamons Males 4000.00 ea Females 5000.00 ea.
2006 Mojave Males 2500.00 ea Females 3500.00 ea
2006 Lemon Pastels Males 500.00 ea Females 1200.00 ea.
2006 Spider Male 3500.00 Females 2500.00 ea
2006 Pinstripes Males 8000.00 Females 7000.00 ea.
2006 Lesser Platinum Males $15000.00 Females 10,000.00
2006 Yellow Belly Males 1500.00 ea Females 2500.00
2006 SE Pastels Males 3000.00
2006 Albinos Males 1800.00 Females 1800.00
2006 Albino Hats Males 100.00 Females 500.00

Animals available for Pre Sale require a 10% deposit and payment 60 days after hatching.

Please inquire about expected hatch date on all morphs

I take Visa, MC, Discover, money orders and checks

Thanks Tony Hurt
Snake Evolutions
817-312-5532

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 05-26-2007, 11:52 AM   #29
wyblep
I'm sorry my math is a little off it should read this cost me $5400.00 in production the first year. Paul

Old 05-26-2007, 12:00 PM   #30
Dennis Hultman
Paul, I think you should post all the emails that you in regards to this transaction. Specifically, when you stated that you reminded him of the original deal and his responses.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!