Anybody else with Blues? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-12-2005, 10:58 AM   #1
DAND
Anybody else with Blues?

Just wondering if there how many others out there have Blue Beauties. Here is a pic of one trio of yearlings I have.
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2005, 03:27 PM   #2
robin d.
i keep the evil little bastages... they are one of my favorite snakes!! Our male is purely Evil(7-8 feet)... Our female(six feet) is for the most part docile but she will let you know when she has had enough (handling ect) before biting... i love most of the asian rats... i want some cave dwellers bad ... i thought i had some pictures of them but i can find em i will try and snap a few photos soon

Old 01-12-2005, 06:41 PM   #3
Clay Davenport
I have kept them in the past, and bred them a season or two. They went with the rest of my asians during a collection cutback two or three years ago.
I enjoyed keeping them, they're interesting snakes. I'll have to admit, I prefer taiwan beauties to the blues, but asians in general are awesome snakes to keep and breed. Superior in several ways to north american colubrids.
I fully intend to one day return to keeping some of the asian species.

Old 01-13-2005, 07:46 AM   #4
DAND
I've got 2 trios ('02 and '03) and 1 pair ('04). So far mine are not aggressive, though I was told one of the '02 females was by the previous owner.

Taiwan's and Cave Dwellers are on my list of future additions.

Old 01-13-2005, 08:58 AM   #5
Clay Davenport
My blues were only slightly more agressive than my taiwans, and they were completely docile.
One female blue did hit me in the face once. I had her around my neck getting some stuck shed off her tail when she decided she didn't like that. Struck me just under the eye. Other than that I was only bitten by them a couple of times.
My radiated rats however were another story.

Old 01-16-2005, 07:57 AM   #6
DAND
I picked up a huge female for a friend a few months ago and she was not the most docile thing I have ever had to handle. To make matters worse the person I was picking it up from fed her two medium rats a few days prior and she crapped all over the place. There is nothing like Asian rat snake crap to make for a long show and even longer ride home.

Old 03-27-2005, 09:58 PM   #7
lotsadragons
ive just got a taiwanese this week, so far she has been great, shes less than a year and 4 feet + long!!! she is my favorite snake in my small collection, i cant wait until she is 7+ feet!!!

Old 03-28-2005, 05:32 AM   #8
DAND
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsadragons
ive just got a taiwanese this week, so far she has been great, shes less than a year and 4 feet + long!!! she is my favorite snake in my small collection, i cant wait until she is 7+ feet!!!
You'll change your mind when you see what a 7+ foot turns a few rats into.

Old 03-28-2005, 08:35 AM   #9
lotsadragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
You'll change your mind when you see what a 7+ foot turns a few rats into.
oh i think i might even like her a whole lot more!!!! it will definatley be intimidating for me as she is my first big snake (i have 2 corns as well). i really wanted a bigger snake but am not real keen on boa's or pythons yet so i think i made a good descion with this somewhat mild manored asian. its feeding time today muahahhahahaha, ill try and snap a few pics of her...

Old 03-28-2005, 09:14 AM   #10
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsadragons
oh i think i might even like her a whole lot more!!!! it will definatley be intimidating for me as she is my first big snake (i have 2 corns as well). i really wanted a bigger snake but am not real keen on boa's or pythons yet so i think i made a good descion with this somewhat mild manored asian. its feeding time today muahahhahahaha, ill try and snap a few pics of her...
If she hasn't eliminated yet you may change your story when she finally does. Mine seem to be potty trained. They crap in the water bowl just about every time. You want to talk about a bad smell.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!