Bad Guy Fluker Farms AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE! Filthy - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #21
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal View Post
It's in the rules.
Saying something like "my buddy says you are a thief" is a third party quotation. There is no ownership to the accusation being made. Not allowed here. Let you buddy come in here and say it, otherwise it needs to remain unsaid.

Sandra "quoted" noone.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #22
TattooLost
As many have already pointed out, maybe take a deep breath and look at the whole situation. I can completely understand you being upset. But coming on here ranting about reporting them for some kind of federal offense? Trying to get them shut down and out of business? That's ridiculous. That's like getting a fly in your soup and, after an apology and attempts to correct the situation, going to the health department and trying to get the entire company put out of business.

Mistakes happen. After you informed them you were dissatisfied, they didn't blow you off or tell you to get bent. They apologized politely and attempted to fix the situation. You then blew up at them and threatened their company.

You are the one being unreasonable in my opinion.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:41 AM   #23
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandrina View Post
I rarely post on Fauna. Is there a clique here I am supposed to tippy toe around? I am getting a really strange vibe. Someone needs to clue me in to what's really going on here. I feel like I bumped a bees nest or something.
Don't pull that card. You got the same reaction on Arachnoboards.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #24
TattooLost
I love how people bother to come post here, and then when a majority don't agree with them, suddenly everyone is a "clique" or shun outsiders. Maybe your opinion just isn't held by the majority of humans.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #25
reptilenut69
I'm sorry I don't see the problem, they did say they would send you out another shipment correct? so whats the problem? I stopped using them but for other reasons. yes its a lot of them but really not a big deal my geckos eat them also. the high dead count is a problem but thats a chance shipping this time of year or middle of summer. thats my two cents.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #26
WebSlave
FWIW, back when we were working with leopard geckos, we tried a few different supplies for our crickets, and the ONLY one we worked with that did not have beetles and spiders tagging along in the cricket shipments was Ghann's Crickets. Honestly, before dealing with Ghann's we got quite tired of opening cricket boxes and then having to chase down the spiders that came out of those boxes. We used Ghann's Crickets up to the day we got out of the animals and found them excellent to deal with.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:15 PM   #27
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
Saying something like "my buddy says you are a thief" is a third party quotation. There is no ownership to the accusation being made. Not allowed here. Let you buddy come in here and say it, otherwise it needs to remain unsaid.

Sandra "quoted" noone.
Sorry, but I disagree. When someone says something like this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandrina View Post
You have the right to your opinion but I have spoken with others who disagree with your perspective, as do I.
"others" are being referred to in relation to comments made relevant to the discussion AND indicating evidence concerning opinions about the matter at hand. Since those "others" are not identified by having names associated with the statement and their statements are provided as a synopsis of the assumed two or more persons being used as a SOURCE, then yes, this is an ANONYMOUS THIRD PARTY QUOTE. It does not take the use of quotation marks as a prerequisite for a statement to be considered as a quote. A single statement made as a synopsis combined from multiple conversations is STILL a quote.

To give you an example, saying "my buddy says you are a thief" is functionally equivalent to someone saying "I've heard from several people that you are a thief".

Old 02-17-2012, 12:18 PM   #28
Jabberwocky Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
FWIW, back when we were working with leopard geckos, we tried a few different supplies for our crickets, and the ONLY one we worked with that did not have beetles and spiders tagging along in the cricket shipments was Ghann's Crickets. Honestly, before dealing with Ghann's we got quite tired of opening cricket boxes and then having to chase down the spiders that came out of those boxes. We used Ghann's Crickets up to the day we got out of the animals and found them excellent to deal with.

During the busy season, I order ~8k crickets each week from Ghann's and have yet to find a single non-cricket bug in any order. The OP's threats towards Flukers are wrong, especially in light of the full refund offered to her... but that doesn't mean that Flukers should be shipping crickets with that many 'ridealongs' included.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:23 PM   #29
Ameivaboy
I've used dermistid beetle larvae as feeders - buying them specifically - they are no harm to live animals/bugs and will not infest your home (unless you killed your spouse and left them on the floor lol)

The complaint is valid, but the reaction and dramatic post was not.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:23 PM   #30
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooLost View Post
I love how people bother to come post here, and then when a majority don't agree with them, suddenly everyone is a "clique" or shun outsiders. Maybe your opinion just isn't held by the majority of humans.
I can see why she, as well as many others who come here would feel that way for obvious reasons. I've also seen threads where the "majority" was proven wrong. Maybe her opinion is held by the majority of "humans". But you and I will never know that since the majority of humans aren't posting on this thread. If so, this would be the longest thread ever to grace the BOI. The small number of members who have contributed their opinions to this thread make up a small fraction of "humans" here. I wonder why.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!