Break in at Carolina Reptile Exchange (Bruce Eisenmanns store) - Page 60 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-27-2004, 11:16 PM   #591
Brian Oakley
Disregard that statement. I need to check that first as I may not be thinking the same thing.

Old 02-28-2004, 12:05 AM   #592
HerpVenue
Quote:
Yes. That is exactly what I am talking about. I have herd that 100% het pieds have some kind of trait (natural) that will let you know if it is a 100% het or not. And the Piebald is the only morph that has this kind of marker.
Actually there is a breeder's strin out there that does have this "genetic" marker.

Someone..I think it was Adam Block decided it would be smart to post pictures of this "marker" and tell the world that if their het / poss het does not have this marker....then it would probably not be a true het.

Unfortunately as aforementioned........this marker only appears on a certain "strain" of the animals. Not all the hets have this marker.

and since he posted that......I said something along the lines of "oh great. now all the bad guys would go and look for animals with that same belly and sell them as hets / poss hets....I know I looked at all my animals and decided to hld back the ones with that same marker"

And if you look at all the posts and if you kept of all of harry''s / Bruce's ads.....you will see that he did not start advertising his "genetically marked " animals until it was posted about it here.

So the answer to the question is NO.
Not all the hets/ poss hets have that genetic marker.
If you knew which breeder has that marker in his animals......then you knew to use that "marker" when purchasing his lineage. But it does not hold true for all the hets being sold.

I rambled...hope I made sense

Old 02-28-2004, 12:23 AM   #593
Reptiledude
Ritchie,- thanks for clearing that up for me. What you said did make sense to me.

Old 02-28-2004, 12:27 AM   #594
Paul Fisher
Belly patterns

For what it's worth, here are my thoughts and experiences regarding this. I bought my first pair of hets from Jack Briggs at Designer Snakes. I had heard of the "het pied belly", but not mentioned it when I purchased the snakes. When I received them, sure enough, they both have it. Then I contacted Wes at Morph King. He had a few clutches to look at and sent pictures showing all the hatchlings in one clutch had the "het pied belly" and none of the hatchlings in the other clutch showed the trait. I ordered a male with the trait. Since then, I've asked about it when contacting breeders. One breeder (John Manser) indicated that 90% of the hets in his bloodline showed the trait and he has used it to sort out possible hets. Another breeder was selling 66% possibles. I inquired about a female with the trait. He said some of the males had it and admitted he holds back the females that have the trait. Since our population of pieds are descendents of Peter Kahl's imported baby. I believe that in one of the early pairings, the gene that causes this belly pattern got linked with the pied gene. Some bloodlines that resulted from this pairing and associated in-breeding in the early generations seem to carry this "linked" gene. Other bloodlines have completely variable belly patterns. Obviously the gene that causes this belly pattern can exist in any normal ball python as well. If you get a 100% het from a trusted breeder, it doesn't matter what it's belly looks like. It's a het. But I believe breeding hets that display the trait will aid in sorting out possible hets to hold back. All of the above is purely my thoughts and theories based upon my personal experiences. I may end up getting rid of some normal-bellied hets and keeping some normals with the belly trait, but I can assure you I won't be alone in this practice. Others are doing it quite successfully. And yes, I have a normal that shows the trait, and I don't ever plan to breed it into my pied bloodlines. How many het pieds do I have with normal bellies? One, a 2002 female from HCE. I think by 2003 all of Bruces were cherry-picked babies with a similar belly pattern. This topic has been discussed earlier in this thread as well.
Paul Fisher
Attached Images

Old 02-28-2004, 12:33 AM   #595
Paul Fisher
Cool! I finally posted an image that worked

I had to convert the image to another application for it to be recognized as a jpeg, even though it was a jpeg to begin with. Anyway, that's my het male from John Manser.
Paul

Old 03-01-2004, 12:01 AM   #596
Brian Oakley
I just saw this ad that was put up today and found it odd to say the least.
Here is the link.

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=7&de=195568

Notice the bottom where it says ask for Mark. Anyone there locally know who Mark is? Just wondering, another new name!

Old 03-01-2004, 12:36 AM   #597
The BoidSmith
Just in case it gets deleted

BREEDER BURMS
Nationwide shipping available
Posted by Carolina Reptile Exchange & Co-op (Contact Me!) on February 29, 2004 at 19:21:09
Registered PetHobbyist User since 2003-08-01

Heres whats left ,sorry camera is on the fritz

MALE albino burm 8 ft plus

MALE green burm 9 plus

open to cash offers and possible trades
both feeding well,breeding machines
paypal or money orders sent overnight

call with offers for quicker service
(803) 548-8BOA (please ask for Mark)
m-sat 1-7 , sun 2-6

http://www.carolinareptileexchange.com

Old 03-01-2004, 03:33 AM   #598
haas101
Mark is a real person that works at the store. But beware he still works there and he knows exactly what Bruce does to say the least. More info to follow about him after police finish investigation.

Old 03-01-2004, 11:09 AM   #599
Thomas Jones
It for got to mention free mites and recycled rats from when they regurge. And as an extra bonus with your purchase a free Ri to go with them.

Just some of the things i have had to deal with for CRE,Digital reptiles, Bruce,Harry,Noah. They are all the same.

Old 03-01-2004, 11:51 AM   #600
Zoo Supply
can someone sum up what happened here....

Sorry, dont feel like going through 120+ pages. If anyone feels like it can they sum up where the investigation is at?
Thanks
TOM

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bruce eisenmann