?'s about a ringer het pied. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-13-2013, 10:45 PM   #1
mialma09
?'s about a ringer het pied.

So my wife and I picked up a normal ball python that is Het. piebald and on his belly he has an all yellowish normal color looking belly and then it has a spot where the semi ring is and it goes up just a little bit and he has white scales. My questions are though is ringer just a common name used for a low expression of a piebald and if so that means he has the recessive piebald gene in him correct. The guy is a legit breeder and has many beautiful snakes and is reputable but I just want to get a little more information on it because my wife and I would like to breed this pretty male with another het pied and hopefully get one or two of them. This is a pic when he was almost bran new the guy said and since then it is still the same but just not as bright in the pic nor as large as when it was a baby.
Attached Images

Old 10-13-2013, 11:02 PM   #2
snowgyre
No, a ringer is generally non-genetic and nothing to do with whether or not the snake is heterozygous for pied. I've seen photos of ringers on everything from normals to champagnes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!