Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 222 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-11-2017, 08:24 PM   #2211
WebSlave
Warning: Cease with the derogatory name calling towards anyone, please. It is not welcome on this site.

Old 12-11-2017, 08:33 PM   #2212
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanKS View Post

The dispute will hinge on if Ty abided by the terms of his raffle (as it has all along).
Well, perhaps not this entire dispute. Aside from the terms of the raffle, there is the issue of defamation and damage.
Saying someone did not abide by the raffle terms, and saying that Parks was in error is one thing, and I believe he did not in fact follow the terms of the raffle.
However, even if that is true, some of what has been said in the thread has been taken by Parks as defaming his character, and that and the issues of damages arising out of such alleged defamation are separate findings.
I am only pointing out that there are several, separate, findings to be made on these issues. Jumping the first fence doesn't make one the winner of the race.

Old 12-11-2017, 09:03 PM   #2213
Akiranar
What about the defamation of her character that Ty has done to Michelle on FB?

That goes both ways IMO. Though I still feel that Ty's behavior here and on FB is what lead to his defamation of his character. But what was said about her in his FB group was outright sickening IMO.

Also, I am a little worried about some of the things said in this pdf, like:
Quote:
2. On or around March 2016, Mr. Park conducted an online raffle to raise money for reptile and amphibian conservation. The online raffle offered the chance to win a blue albino tegu, with tickets selling for $100.00 each. Ms. Cutler purchased 4 tickets from Mr. Park.
The bolded part in the PDF just saus a chance to win an blue albino Tegu, it doesn't say "bread by him" which I think might be used as a loophole. I dunno. Am I being paranoid?

Old 12-11-2017, 09:14 PM   #2214
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiranar View Post
What about the defamation of her character that Ty has done to Michelle on FB?
What about it? You have to understand this is a legal proceeding. If Michelle wants to sue for defamation she can if she wishes consider doing so. But in THIS proceeding, the judge will make a finding based on any presented evidence of defamation of Parks because that is the issue presented in this particular action. The courtroom is not a playground where the opposing party can present a defense of 'well you said something about me too!'

I am simply saying here that this is a formal proceeding, there are formal rules, and it is not a snowball fight where one just picks up something and throws it at the other side.

Old 12-11-2017, 09:23 PM   #2215
Akiranar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
What about it? You have to understand this is a legal proceeding. If Michelle wants to sue for defamation she can if she wishes consider doing so. But in THIS proceeding, the judge will make a finding based on any presented evidence of defamation of Parks because that is the issue presented in this particular action. The courtroom is not a playground where the opposing party can present a defense of 'well you said something about me too!'

I am simply saying here that this is a formal proceeding, there are formal rules, and it is not a snowball fight where one just picks up something and throws it at the other side.
Do you think that Park's post on here being extremely rude and dismissive along with claiming he was intentionally withholding information information from Michelle will be considered?

I've never really dealt with legal proceedings except for one time when I was like 16, so this kind of stuff is Greek to me.

Old 12-11-2017, 11:20 PM   #2216
bcr229
Quote:
I've never really dealt with legal proceedings except for one time when I was like 16, so this kind of stuff is Greek to me.
I have. People lie in pleadings every day, even if by omission rather than commission as Ty has done in the latest pleading. That's why there is the discovery process.

Old 12-11-2017, 11:47 PM   #2217
TheLittleHeathen
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
I have. People lie in pleadings every day, even if by omission rather than commission as Ty has done in the latest pleading. That's why there is the discovery process.
Yup yup yup. And said process can take days or months depending on the evidence.

Old 12-12-2017, 05:59 AM   #2218
Lucille
I suspect that Ty may have some difficulty proving any financial damages from any alleged defamation, especially with the quantity of his minions expressing their adoration of him despite his actions, as Michelle recounted the raffle events here on Fauna.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:04 AM   #2219
DLenaRuth999s
Quote:
Also, I am a little worried about some of the things said in this pdf, like:
The bolded part in the PDF just saus a chance to win an blue albino Tegu, it doesn't say "bread by him" which I think might be used as a loophole. I dunno. Am I being paranoid?
No, you’re not being paranoid. Ty is skewing the facts of the raffle to better fit his actions. It’s up to Michelle’s side to correct that by presenting the actual raffle communications. And the judge has to not only see the discrepancy, but understand the significance.

On a very positive note, it is blatantly inconsistent to scream defamation of character has negatively impacted his position as the #1 breeder of quality tegus, while also saying a tegu from some unknown source would be of equal value and quality.

Old 12-13-2017, 12:30 AM   #2220
tlmoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLenaRuth999s View Post
Did anyone else notice the typos and missing facts ...as in the ambiguous representation of the true and specific parameters of the raffle prizes and alternative prizes?
Yes, I noticed that also....I almost posted that it sure looks like he wrote it himself. There are some names at the bottom that look like lawyers. I'm not sure if those names are indicating that they wrote it?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu