www.herphabitats.com AKA Richard Brooks/ Reptile Information Database - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-29-2007, 08:22 PM   #41
jsrocket
So, you admit that you hijacked a site from it's legal owner. You had no right to do that, no matter how it went down. Just because you felt unappreciated by your boss, didn't give you the right to use your position to sabotage his site. What you did was illegal and unethical.

Here's a link from the wayback machine to some pages from that site, around the time in question:

http://web.archive.org/web/200404131...ileforums.com/

I didn't find anything relevant to this situation there, but I only spent a few minutes looking. What I did notice, though, was that I recognized several members there (at that time) are current members here. (hint, hint)

No matter how you try to slice it, it still smells like crap warmed over.

Old 04-29-2007, 08:27 PM   #42
romad119
I applaud that you are willing and want to get more input and are disclosing your side og things. Often, only one side does get told. Thoguh it might seem like a hassle, answering questions asked here is a benefit to all. No ones opinion is made of stone.

Old 04-29-2007, 08:30 PM   #43
romad119
The method of leaving that site wasn't the best by far. That can't be changed though I can relate to the issue of feeling appreciated for the work you felt you did for that site.

You can make the present and future run smoothly. To me this is a wait and see scenario and hopefully the future proves positive

Old 04-29-2007, 08:41 PM   #44
iguanairs
jsrocket, feel free to shoot me your phone number, or if preferred, I will shoot you mine. You are talking based on what you have read, and not having spoken to the source. You are acting as if everything written or stated MUST be fact since it was posted on this site. lol

If your age is true, which I believe it is, don't you want to actually know what really transpired opposed to every bit of hearsay found on that thread?

Are you really going to take everything written as gospel and just have faith it all must be true?

There is absolutely no way, as many of you have to see, for this to rectify itself.

If anyone wants to continue bashing me, feel free. This is already old and tiring. The fact that grown men contribute to nonsense like this is unreal.

If you are interested in fact, feel free to shoot a PM with your #. I will call at the first oppurtunity I get which will be between 9am and 7pm EST.

Beyond the calls, I find no further need nor desire to contribute to this thread. It doesn't matter what I say or do, I have already been crucified. Bash on good people, bash on!

Old 04-29-2007, 08:52 PM   #45
jsrocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by iguanairs
jsrocket, feel free to shoot me your phone number, or if preferred, I will shoot you mine. You are talking based on what you have read, and not having spoken to the source. You are acting as if everything written or stated MUST be fact since it was posted on this site. lol

If your age is true, which I believe it is, don't you want to actually know what really transpired opposed to every bit of hearsay found on that thread?

Are you really going to take everything written as gospel and just have faith it all must be true?

There is absolutely no way, as many of you have to see, for this to rectify itself.

If anyone wants to continue bashing me, feel free. This is already old and tiring. The fact that grown men contribute to nonsense like this is unreal.

If you are interested in fact, feel free to shoot a PM with your #. I will call at the first oppurtunity I get which will be between 9am and 7pm EST.

Beyond the calls, I find no further need nor desire to contribute to this thread. It doesn't matter what I say or do, I have already been crucified. Bash on good people, bash on!
Internet communication on these forums is based on the written word. Your caresheet forum is based on the written word. If you feel a need to change the venue, to get your point across, then maybe you should stick to writing code.

Old 04-29-2007, 09:13 PM   #46
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
You are talking based on what you have read, and not having spoken to the source. You are acting as if everything written or stated MUST be fact since it was posted on this site. lol

I have already heard your words. What you spoke compared to what you type is different. I heard you say that it was H. F.'s site as a justification (to someone you know doesn't care for the person) for attempting to steal the member base of a forum you did not own. When in actual, by your own words here, H.F. didn't have anything to do with the site at the time. Even if he did, it wouldn't matter who owned the site. It's the principal.

Inconsistencies abound.

Old 04-29-2007, 09:33 PM   #47
varnyard
Yes Dennis, you heard it.

You said in your phone message Richard, the internet is nothing but a game.

So I take it what you done with my care sheet and RF was nothing at all, just more of the game playing?

Just do not forget it was my name you used, even though you act like it was everyone else's fault but yours. I will not be so fast to forget this, nor the way you have passed that blame. Everyone that has read this on your site, that in your own words has been up well over a month. What is their thoughts on Varnyard Herps, Inc. and all the wrong info they read during that period, no I doubt I will forget this.

Old 04-29-2007, 09:55 PM   #48
iguanairs
04-27-2007, 03:56 PM

My Initial Post To My Staff:

Tegu Caresheet

It appears some drama has unfolded regarding the Tegu Caresheet we once housed in the RID. The author, Bobby (varnyard) is claiming that it is/was a massively inaccurate version of his caresheet.

I didn't edit that caresheet except to separate the pages and add the taxonomy like all the other caresheets. If information was added, it had to have been done while the thread was on HC. Did anyone add info to that caresheet?

It's crucial that if anyone is adding information, that information MUST be accurate. Just because it says it on some website doesn't make it fact. You need to do some serious research or already know for certain that the info is good.

We don't need the bad publicity and I don't like the drama.

<!-- Insert Some Staff Posting They Didn't Edit That Caresheet Here -->

This is the staff member who DID edit that caresheet responding to this thread:

Quote:
The caresheet was orgianlly edited by myself with assistance from *$*$*$*. When I had questions regarding information I asked ******. The information was submitted to her before it was ever given back. The information was checked and rechecked as I still have all the working information and research that I will attach if needed. Which took me over 75 hours to obtain, review etc. The original that was submitted was confusing and I believe I even spoke to Rich about this before I even progressed at the care sheets at all. I believe the original did not go into specific need of each species, which are different.

It was my understanding, which HC wanted the information checked and rechecked as that is what I was hearing. At this time I am requesting that any other caresheet that I have worked on or made be removed as the same procedure has been done with each one.
I didn't lie to you Bobby. Lying is not something I tend to do. I didn't know your caresheet had that info.

I ommited the names because you don't need to have anyone else to bash. You can keep that focused on me.

The internet is a game. Look at this thread. Based off the information of others, I have been slammed every which way from Sunday. Not only am I guilty according to everyone, but there need be no trial.

Instead of any of you chatting with me, you know "man to man", you would just assume play "PC Warrior" and talk smack with a keyboard.

BTW, the term "GAME" in my voicemail Bobby is called an analogy.

Old 04-29-2007, 10:18 PM   #49
Wilomn
Quote:
04-27-2007, 03:56 PM

My Initial Post To My Staff:

Tegu Caresheet

It appears some drama has unfolded regarding the Tegu Caresheet we once housed in the RID. The author, Bobby (varnyard) is claiming that it is/was a massively inaccurate version of his caresheet.

I didn't edit that caresheet except to separate the pages and add the taxonomy like all the other caresheets. If information was added, it had to have been done while the thread was on HC. Did anyone add info to that caresheet?

It's crucial that if anyone is adding information, that information MUST be accurate. Just because it says it on some website doesn't make it fact. You need to do some serious research or already know for certain that the info is good.

We don't need the bad publicity and I don't like the drama.

<!-- Insert Some Staff Posting They Didn't Edit That Caresheet Here -->

This is the staff member who DID edit that caresheet responding to this thread:

I didn't lie to you Bobby. Lying is not something I tend to do. I didn't know your caresheet had that info.

I ommited the names because you don't need to have anyone else to bash. You can keep that focused on me.

The internet is a game. Look at this thread. Based off the information of others, I have been slammed every which way from Sunday. Not only am I guilty according to everyone, but there need be no trial.

Instead of any of you chatting with me, you know "man to man", you would just assume play "PC Warrior" and talk smack with a keyboard.

BTW, the term "GAME" in my voicemail Bobby is called an analogy.
Complete and utter BULLSNOT.

I put SEVENTY-FIVE HOURS into it? Come on.

So and so?

No names?

You are your site are REALLY lacking in any integrity at all.

First you lay it all off on one of TWO who post for you. Then one of those lays it off on yet ANOTHER unnamed nimrod and you, rich, have the gall to say I won't name names because I don't want you to bash them too?

You're an idiot. Your staff is obviously made up of idiots. How can you possibly think ANYONE would buy the line of crap you're selling?

Totally worthless.

And NOW, now that your crybaby mod has been caught passing his work off to someone else, he wants ALL the rest of the work he's done pulled to. No doubt because of its STELLAR quality.

Do yourself a favor rich, close the site and move on to something you know something about.

Turning on your friends maybe, edged weapons in the back perhaps, but DEFINATELY stay away from intellectual inforamtion and making it available via the web.

Old 04-29-2007, 10:38 PM   #50
Dennis Hultman
It would be wise to check with owners of each care sheet left on your site to make sure that it is an accurate representation of their work. Even if there was misinformation or incomplete you can’t edit then slap their name back on it.

You have stated several times if you knew bad information had been added, you wouldn't have included it.

You can't included anything else. Accurate or not and stick the original author's name back on it.

How many people now have read that Bobby wrote
Quote:
Columbian or Golden Tegu might enjoy the following: cooked ground turkey,
?

Or any of the other changes.

Who knows how many potential customers read the sheets and decided Bobby doesn't know what hes talking about.

A reputable site with goals you state would reject a care sheet they felt was inaccurate. Not correct it with accurate or inaccurate (by mistake) information. No corrections can be made without the author's consent if their name is still on it.

You have opened yourself up to severe liability.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!