Infant Hognose Yet To Eat - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-01-2009, 03:20 PM   #11
TriangleReptiles
I feed my baby hogs twice a week and keep their temp on the warm side of their tub around 90. That keeps them warm and active and hungry. My smallest 07 holdover female is now 180 grams. A great caresheet can by found on Justin Mitchams website http://extremehogs.com/caresheet

Old 02-01-2009, 03:22 PM   #12
TriangleReptiles
http://extremehogs.com/Caresheet.html

Old 02-02-2009, 11:47 PM   #13
DISCERN
Congratulations on your hog eating!!
Maybe give her some time, 5-7 days before the next feeding, and it sounds like the black paper around her cage possibly gave her a feeling of security, and that may have contributed to her eating.

Remember, just make her as stress free as possible.

Keep us posted!

Old 03-11-2009, 09:42 PM   #14
Newbie88
so just an update:
the snake has still been eating about 2 pinkies a week & shes already shed once too
she's also getting a lot fatter and yet when she eats she seems to have tons of energy still and isnt slow and digesting like it seems she should be, but i figure 2 pinkies a week is enough and 3 may be overfeeding

i saw a video of a hognose attacking a hardboiled egg cut in half and checked it out with other cites to see if eggs were a bad food or just some more protein

ended up trying the half egg in her cage and she full on attacked it like it was the tastiest thing in the world, so i give her a few pieces of boiled egg white after her pinkie which she seems to really like

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!