help...leo not eating - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-14-2005, 04:09 AM   #1
Jus10
help...leo not eating

hi all,

i bought a leo 2 weeks ago and since i got her she pooped the first day and then has not since then but the poo has since then been cleaned out. she has eaten i think 2 wax worms since, when held infront of her face with tweezers and hasnt pooped since. there arent any vets that deal with leos in the area and the person thinks that it might be pinworms and is willing to send me 2 doses of panacur to try and treat it. do you think that this could be the problem and the panacur could fix it. i dont want to loose her and since i have never delt with pinworms i just want to make sure.

thank you,
Justin Lambert

Old 05-14-2005, 04:56 AM   #2
Manhattan Herps
panacur can treat pinworms, but you need to know the exact weight of the gecko to determine the dosage, if you have no idea what you are doing, i suggest you do not administer it

i beleive the website is called herpvetconnection.com, go to it and look for any vets where you are, there has to be at least one

if the gecko is losing weight, and becomes very lethargic, or has runny feces, there is a problem

but you say you got them 2 weeks agi, it could very well be stress that you are dealing withm and not any type of worm

where did you get the geckos?

Old 05-14-2005, 01:39 PM   #3
Jus10
i have a scale so i know the exact weight of the leo, she is slowly loseing weight and has no feces, i woke up this morning and she had just shed and had eaten about half of her skin. this is the second time that she has shed since i have had her. i got her from thecarnivorousorchid.com on april 26th so i guess that it is more like 3 weeks. so far he has been very helpful and easy to work with. i have a humid hide for her that is at 89 degrees and a cool hide that is around 79. he is willing to let me send her back to him but i believe his terms are that i would have to pay shipping and i would get back what i payed for her but not what payed for shipping either way so i would like to keep her if possible.

thanks,
Justin

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!