ADVICE NEEDED - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 03-25-2002, 05:39 PM   #1
Redy2jam72
About 2 months ago.. I sold some fat-tail albino geckos to a gentleman..THe geckos were lost in transit for 5 days.THey were packed well with heat packs and styro. It was totally the carriers fault and nothing me or the reciever did.Needless to say the geckos arrived alive and well. I did tell him if there was any problems that iwould replace them no problem..Well no thats its been almost 2 months he ssends me an email saying 2 have died..I sent him 10 by the way.My question is..WOuld you still replace them after almost 2 months time has passed? I can see if it has been a week or 2 maybe ,ubt I figured if anyhting was gonna happen to them it should have well before now..Any advice would be greatly appreciated..
Thanks
God Bless
Rob

Old 03-25-2002, 06:13 PM   #2
dwedeking
Most breeders cover animals for 30 days tops unless there is a specific issue. So for the most part I would say no.

On the other hand I do continual business with vendors (both in the company I own that is not herp and in the herp industry) that go beyond the norm in providing service / satisfaction. I know little about geckos but maybe meeting them half way (for example cover the shipping or 1/2 the shipping of his next order) as a sign of good will could get you a customer for life (and the people he talks to about you).

Old 03-26-2002, 01:43 AM   #3
Ciro Spina
What kind of guarantee did you give him when you shipped them?  If you didn't give one, then the industry standard applies, which I believe is 48 hours, or ask around what others give as a guarantee.

Or, you could just be a nice guy and split the loss.  Send him one and make him pay shipping.  Also, I would get the dead bodies from him.

Ciro

Old 03-26-2002, 09:11 AM   #4
southamptonherps
If you didn't state a time limit and there were extenuating circumstances (delayed in shipment). I would think you would have to make good on your promise. Although 2 months is a rather long time. I would have to know a lot more about the deal to make a good judgment. I'm sorry for your problem and I'm glad I don't have to make the call on this one.

Old 03-26-2002, 11:40 AM   #5
bpc
TWO MONTHS!!  Geckos are not household appliances.  I don't think it's fair that he even asked you to replace them, especially if there'd been no contact stating he had concerns about them.  Did he mention anything about them not feeding or looking bad when they arrived?  Brian

Old 03-26-2002, 02:10 PM   #6
Redy2jam72
When they first arrived he said 2 of the 10 were a little slow moving but the 2 he said were slow arent the ones he wants me to replace..I think i will offer to replace one of them..I will not cover shipping and and if he watnt hte other i will sell it to him for the price of a hatchling..That way i dont feel guilty about it and the deal will be done..Thanks for the advice guys..

God Bless
Rob

Old 03-26-2002, 10:30 PM   #7
Ciro Spina
That is pretty nice of you.  I would do business with you if you had something I wanted ( I did want those hets, but the price of the albinos dropped way too quick).

In the future you should have a written guarantee.  I do it with all my animals, especially my puppies.  Sometimes it is hard to say no to someone, but if you always say yes, people will definately try to take advantage.

Ciro Spina

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!