Melissa - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 06-25-2004, 11:24 PM   #1
Melle
Melissa

Hey all,

Just thought I would introduce myself. Here is me! Unfortunately I have no pics of me with any of my critters, though.

Name's Melissa, and I live in michigan. I'm 20 years old. Went to college for 2.5 years for art ed and decided to take some time off and go back for zoology. I've only kept herps for about 4 years but i have had pets all my life.

Currently I have 6 leopard geckos (2 of which I hatched myself.), a bearded dragon, a savannah monitor, a crested gecko, a hog island boa, and an anole for reptiles. I've also got a chinchilla, 2 ferrets, a cat, and a betta fish.

Hobbies dont include much I basically just care for my pets and work. I also do art in my spare time and I paint custom pics of people's pets. Thanks for reading!
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2004, 12:34 AM   #2
NEWReptiles
Pleasure to meet you Melissa, welcome to the forums.

I think you will enjoy this place, and make sure you check out the leo forums as there are alot of folks here that work with them.

Old 06-26-2004, 01:24 AM   #3
kenster
Welcome to the forums. Always nice to "meet" another reptile person from the great mitten state! This is a great place with lots of great people...well other than that realvenum guy

Al, you know it's odd, there could be 10 new posts here a day of guys and not one time you would say "welcome" but sure enough a woman posts here and you're the first reply...Go figure

Old 06-26-2004, 01:15 PM   #4
NEWReptiles
I don't understand Ken, but if it makes you feel better, welcome to the forums.

Old 06-26-2004, 09:47 PM   #5
Melle
Come on guys, no bickering Where is michigan are you from? I'm in the lansing area right now (it sucks, dont ever go there. no one knows how to drive.).

Old 06-27-2004, 08:47 PM   #6
geckosurfer
LANSING????? omg--everyone is from Lansing. I'm not but a good friend of mine is!! Are you born, bred, currently stuck or passing through?

Is someone singing "it's a small world"????

Old 06-28-2004, 12:11 AM   #7
Melle
I would consider myself currently stuck. i started goin to MSU but im takin some time off for a while, dont know when im goin back. but i still am living out here and probably will be for a while. I'm originally from the detroit area- dearborn heights and sterling heights.

Old 06-28-2004, 04:37 PM   #8
geckosurfer
whoa is you. from my friend who grew up their, he is currently mourning you stuckedness and hoping for a quick escape.

Old 06-29-2004, 12:28 AM   #9
Melle
LOL, tell your friend thanks hehe. I at first hated, HATED it out here. Theres nothing to do, no one can drive properly, the roads are all crap, they dont salt the streets even when we get 20 inches of snow, the list goes on. But looks like im gonna be stuck here for a lil while. I've kinda gotten used to it, only its always refreshing when i go visit my parents in sterling heights

Old 06-29-2004, 12:56 AM   #10
Stardust
Welcome Melle, I too am here in MI but I live higher, like around the Traverse City area. We get salted streets here that make our cars look like crap after a few years, but hey....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!