Scammers! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

View Poll Results: Finger in wendy's chili Hoax OR nasty accident?
Hoax 15 78.95%
True 0 0%
MMMMMMMM.......... Finger Food. 3 15.79%
WHAT?? Finger in chili?? 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2005, 09:58 AM   #11
shrap
My question is, since this has been almost completely proven to be a scam, whose finger did she use?

Old 04-23-2005, 10:43 AM   #12
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
My question is, since this has been almost completely proven to be a scam, whose finger did she use?
Maybe this guy would know where to find an extra finger?
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2005, 12:07 PM   #13
Bringerofdoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
Yeah, that i think is the most distubing part. If the finger is real and it did not come from the food......

Old 05-18-2005, 03:58 PM   #14
shrap
From CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/05/18/ch....ap/index.html

SAN JOSE, California (AP) -- A man who lost part of his finger in a workplace accident was the source of the fingertip used in an alleged scam against Wendy's restaurants, and gave it away to settle a debt, his mother said.

"My son is the victim in this," Brenda Shouey said in an interview published in Wednesday's San Francisco Chronicle. "I believe he got caught in something, and he didn't understand what was going on."

Anna Ayala, 39, was arrested April 21 at her Las Vegas home on suspicion of attempted grand theft for allegedly costing Wendy's millions of dollars in a plot to shake down the company by claiming she found the finger in a bowl of chili in a restaurant in San Jose.

Ayala was to be arraigned Wednesday afternoon.

Shouey, of Worthington, Pennsylvania, said her son, Brian Paul Rossiter, 36, of Las Vegas, lost part of his finger in December in an accident at a paving company where he worked with James Plascencia, Ayala's husband. His hand got caught in a mechanical truck lift, she said.

She said he gave it to Plascencia to settle a $50 debt.

San Jose police announced last week the finger was obtained from an associate of Plascencia, but they have refused to identify him because he is cooperating in the investigation. They did not immediately return a message Wednesday seeking comment on the newspaper's account.

Shouey said her son had showed the severed finger to co-workers in a macho display of humor and was desperate for cash when he gave it away "to this character, James."

"My son is a happy-go-lucky guy. He thought it was cute to show" the severed finger, Shouey said. "It's like a man thing."

Shouey declined to give details of how the finger was preserved or whether Rossiter knew why Plascencia allegedly wanted the finger. She said her son told her of his role only this week and is keeping a low profile after undergoing intense police questioning.

Plascencia was arrested earlier this month on unrelated charges of failing to pay child support in a previous relationship.

Old 05-20-2005, 11:07 PM   #15
reptilebreeder
Today they finally added conspiracy charges on the female. Bravo. If convicted that increases her possible prison time to 10 years. They haven't charged the husband yet, but given the added conspiracy charge, it is hopeful they charge him also. I hope they go after these jerks with everything they got, and no pleading.
As for the finger "owner" he states he didn't know what the guy was going to do with the finger, me being the sceptic I am, I don't believe that for a second. At any rate even if he didn't know, he had to have figured it out when the news broke, yet didn't say anything. I think he needs to be held accountable for something.

Old 05-25-2005, 08:39 AM   #16
Jim O
John,

You'll be happy to know that they have now charged the husband. They both deserve to do prison time for that stunt.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!