And you all wonder why I have to make the restrictions I do... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 04:51 PM   #11
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
I disagree. Bobby knew exactly what he was doing. Did you see what he did with his signature before Rich deleted it? Bobby made quite clear that he was picking up his marbles and going to play elsewhere.
I know nothing about his signature or his departure. If he truly is leaving for good then I don't have an issue with him taking his property with him. While I see that as more an effort in futility, I certainly am not going to jump to conclusions. I am simply asking if Bobby was asked first before posting this thread?

It's always better to get the facts before starting a thread like this and maybe Rich did exactly that. If he did and Bobby told him to take a hike then post away. Knowing Bobby, I would assume that he simply decided that since he's no longer a contributing member here that he does not want his pictures to be used for the sites benefit. While I would not have taken that stance, I certainly won't condemn him for it.

When Kelli and the others got banned didn't they lose their pictures if it hadn't been for the action of a few? Maybe this was a pre-emptive action if nothing else. Only Bobby knows that answer.

Griz

Old 06-01-2007, 04:52 PM   #12
Bill & Amy
Well, first it depends on if they were attachments or hosted pictures. I used to load pictures in attachments all the time, ran out of room and had to delete some. I think it was you Rich that suggested we do that. So there are probably alot more threads out there with no pics than just the ones listed. I'm sure some old ones of mine have been deleted.

I now host all my photos through photobucket and post them that way. Did Bobby delete his posts all together or are the pictures just gone?

I take alot of pictures and post them all the time. Does this mean I have to keep them on my photobucket indefinitely?

Old 06-01-2007, 04:57 PM   #13
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy
Well, first it depends on if they were attachments or hosted pictures. I used to load pictures in attachments all the time, ran out of room and had to delete some. I think it was you Rich that suggested we do that. So there are probably alot more threads out there with no pics than just the ones listed. I'm sure some old ones of mine have been deleted.

I now host all my photos through photobucket and post them that way. Did Bobby delete his posts all together or are the pictures just gone?

I take alot of pictures and post them all the time. Does this mean I have to keep them on my photobucket indefinitely?
I don't know what's gone on with Bobby either....but I do know that I have deleted some of my old attachments, as well as cleaning out my Photobucket periodically, was just thinking the other day I should do that again, it's getting way full.

If done out of spite, I can see the problem.....but I don't always remember what pics I've posted where, either.

Old 06-01-2007, 05:03 PM   #14
Jim O
These posts were not exactly "old" posts, unless you consider April and May of this year old.

I have no real dog in this fight but Bobby did say to Rich "I am done, you need not worry that I will waste my time with this, I have better things to do, Ed wins!!!" in one of his last posts here. Removing photos from recent posts, while his right, does seem petty.

Old 06-01-2007, 05:06 PM   #15
IloveSnakes1234
Is there a website where you can talk to people, sell reptiles and not have drama?
I don't think so... Too bad.

Old 06-01-2007, 05:11 PM   #16
Cat_72
I understand that, Jim. Which would be why I said, "If done out of spite....".

I just don't want to be called out for deleting pics that are old, or in a blonde moment.

Old 06-01-2007, 05:18 PM   #17
garweft
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveSnakes1234
Is there a website where you can talk to people, sell reptiles and not have drama?
I don't think so... Too bad.
Yes there is. But they are usually moderated to death, and anything other than the same old BS is quickly deleted. Makes it pretty boring really.

Old 06-01-2007, 05:20 PM   #18
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
These posts were not exactly "old" posts, unless you consider April and May of this year old.

I have no real dog in this fight but Bobby did say to Rich "I am done, you need not worry that I will waste my time with this, I have better things to do, Ed wins!!!" in one of his last posts here. Removing photos from recent posts, while his right, does seem petty.
What thread did this happen in?

Old 06-01-2007, 05:25 PM   #19
Ken Harbart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy
What thread did this happen in?
Post #298 of "Mods who are SOOOOO smart they don't even have to read the guidelines" in the Feedback forum.

Old 06-01-2007, 05:30 PM   #20
IloveSnakes1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft
Yes there is. But they are usually moderated to death, and anything other than the same old BS is quickly deleted. Makes it pretty boring really.
ok... Then is there a website where you can talk to people, sell reptiles, not have drama AND not be moderated to 'death'?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread