dhl - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:10 PM   #1
greatlakesreptiles
dhl

have people had problums with the way dhl treats there packages like just leaving them on the steps out doors they say this is a ok practice i just had a package stolen off my steps

Old 05-13-2008, 02:21 PM   #2
blueapplepaste
I HATE DHL and refuse to have shipments sent that way to me. I've had snakes sent to me via DHL and every time there was a major fiasco.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:03 PM   #3
cyberfrog
Yup, the ony and only time I've received snakes DHL they were stuck in a hube for 2 days. HAd they not been Bullsnakes and very well packed by the seller, they would not have made it. Fed-Ex is the ONLY way to go for normal shipping. Delta is obviously a better way to go but can be cost prohibitive and inconvenient if you don't live close to an airport.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:15 PM   #4
critical bill
This discussion is probably better suited for the general business, shipping, or sound off forum. More than likely it will probably be moved.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:25 PM   #5
TripleMoonsExotic
FedEx and UPS also just leave packages at my door. Generally that's due to a waiver being on file at your address.

I tell everyone it all depends upon your local hub and you should familiarize yourself with its location if you frequently ship or receive. I have great delivery/pickup for FedEx and DHL in my area, but my UPS driver is super lame.

Old 05-13-2008, 05:55 PM   #6
KJUN
My problems with DHL/Airborne date back to the takeover. At that time, even those of us that were knowingly shipping live harmless reptiles with Airborne started getting screwed by the DHL conglomerate. It didn't happen to me (I switched to FedEx first), but two many people were having packages stopped in OTHER states and told to "come get them." Seems they cared too much about the animal's welfare to finish (or return) the delivery, but they didn't mind them dying in a box in a warehouse too far away from shipper or receiver to pick-up. Dumbies. Never forgive or forget: In my opinion, DHL is NOT a herper's friend........ I DID really like airborne's service before the DHL merger. I miss them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill
This discussion is probably better suited for the general business, shipping, or sound off forum. More than likely it will probably be moved.
...and that post does nothing except make it off topic AND (potentially) in the wrong forum......lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic
FedEx and UPS also just leave packages at my door. Generally that's due to a waiver being on file at your address.
Nah, they do it here frequently without a waiver. Out in the country, they are a little more lax on their regs. I guess they don't want to take a 30 minute trip out three days in a row knowing a person probably works in town each and every day.....lol. I have snakes "Held for Pick-up" with Fedex since I live so far out in the boonies. UPS - well, I've refused to ship out with them since they screwed so many people in that strike in the late '90s. I use their service as little as possible for ANYTHING. Period. I don't trust them. Plus, FedEx lets you call the local office when there IS a problem, but UPS does their best to HIDE those contact numbers from you (or at least they have every time I've called with an issue - which is WAY too often). Oh, yeah. FedEx will approve anyone to ship live harmless reptiles. UPS uses some (or at least USED some) biased system where the drop off location can decide if your business can use their service or not. I lived in a place where they'd deliver them (since another office approved them), but wouldn't accept them. How is that fair? Their service is similar to the color of their vehicles and uniforms!

There is my soapbox......lol.
KJ

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!