What happened to BOI???? - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 07-16-2009, 02:15 PM   #71
Junkyard
Allen, you are the wrong person to be owning this site. Do the masses a favor and stop offering to buy it.ere

Old 07-16-2009, 02:59 PM   #72
big daddy's wholesal
New look means new life

Michael I simply made an offer to put my money where my mouth is. I know several people who would be willing to spend hundreds and even thousands to see a site like I will refer to below. The numbers speak for themselves. Why after several attempts by Rich aren't the masses giving 5-20 dollars to keep this alive. It is simply that they would rather loose the benifits from the site rather than support the continued bullcrap that goes on. I have people emailing and calling me offering to contribute money to me to use for purchasing the site. When a man sends me an email stating I will give 500-1000 dollars toward you buying the site to see chages made, that speaks volumes. Told you the silence is speaking.
So you probably ask what would I do.
I would make the site more like ebay, Giving a rating system that a buyer could credit or discredit a seller. I would make the transaction between buyer and seller for their eyes only. The only thing the public would see is the rating that the buyer gave the seller. This would eliminate anyone who has never purchased from a seller from being able to leave them positive or negative ratings. The ratings would be publically listed and viewed like the rating your local restaurant gets and has to display in plain site. On a side note there would be an opportunity for each person to register who they are with all their contact information. This way if person A bought something from person B and was unhappy. Once you viewed the rating that was given and you were thinking of purchasing from person B but wanted to know why the buyer was unhappy with the deal you could contact them and find out their side of the story and contact the buyer and find out theirs as well then decide what you were going to do. This way no one is at liability for anything said because the negative feedback was from the actual buyer to the seller and not a sounding board for everyone and their brother to blast on. To protect the buyer using the site we would have a standard that if you fall below a certain rating your ability to post for sale items would be banned for 30 days to perminantly depending on a percentage of problems with your overall number of sales. Who would you like to do business with someone who had a rating of 98 and sold 138 sales or the person who has a 73 rating and has had 27 sales. Math and odds are easy for me. Also to protect the buyers and sellers on the site when a scammer is found, there should be a page that contains all their information. Oh almost forgot to keep people from registering under rip van winkle and care bear names you will go through a verification process to be allowed access. This will be a problem for some but the people who want a safe site to conduct professional business at will not mind. Only someone who is worried about screwing someone over will be bothered by this process. I am sure other ideas will come to mind as days folow but these are a few that I have been thinking on for a while now.
Allen Belcher 706-615-4772

Old 07-16-2009, 03:08 PM   #73
MikeAnthony
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
What saddens me is that these same people probably sat back on their laurels while the rest of us did the dirty work burning up our printers, phone lines, and faxes when HR669 was on the table. The eh, let someone else do it attitude needs to stop.
Sorry but you're dead wrong there at least where I'm concerned.

Old 07-16-2009, 03:17 PM   #74
xanaxez
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAnthony View Post
Sorry but you're dead wrong there at least where I'm concerned.
You're right. i am not a paying member but i paid and sent out letters just liek alot of other non paying members did. i also signed all petitions. i called the news channels in my area and even did an interview with one that aired it on the news so the remark majikal made was useless and absurd. just because some dont pay to be a member of a site doesnt mean they dont contribute to the hobby in some way. if they feel that just because they sent in a few petitions and payed to be a member of a site makes them above others and able to talk trash to the ones that dont pay only shows how ignorant they truely are. i spent my share of money and did my share of fighting for my hobby just as alot of others did that arent paying members so we are just as good as the paying members in my eyes. i guess majikal thinks he/she was the only one in the fight and won it all by themselfs.

Old 07-16-2009, 03:27 PM   #75
Refused Autopsy
I'm Sorry

I am new to Reptiles and Fauna.... I thought that the "contributors" would have been advertisers like on other forums. I am so sorry that I was not pulling my weight for the last 6 months, I love the BOI. I came here to check out breeders while starting a collection. I would be willing to pay a subscription fee, just like my kids club penguin...ha!!
I guess I will start checking out the other sections, now, too. I really hope you can find a central ground for the BOI and have a happy retirement. If not, thank you for your years of service. It could not have been easy for you or your wife. She must be a saint and you a sadist!!!
I appreciate the effort!!!!

Old 07-16-2009, 03:52 PM   #76
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
sell it Rich

Take the money and laugh all the way to the bank.
I'm not being sarcastic. I'm as serious as I can be. You have taken more crap from this stupid site than any sane person with an ounce of self preservation would.......and you get beat down and sniped at constantly for your trouble. You built it~ if he wants it......let him have it.

Take the money and laugh your ass off while you watch him try to do it. How long do you think it would take? Loyal contributors won't be contributing to a new owner as easily until we see how he does. All those screaming now because they've lost their free gossip column service who are NOW dropping $25 in the can to mollify your indignation won't be contributing either~ or if they do contribute ONCE I don't see any loyalty coming out of those who only contribute when you take the toys away. He'll be getting the same crap you get every day..............let him have it.

He ASKED for it.......................

Speaking as a loyal contributing member whose seen the death of the BOI coming for a couple years now Rich..................if he offers a dollar the 100 pennies are worth more than the crap you take for free here. Take what ever he's offering and laugh your ass off.........be sure to get a membership so you can watch..............

Old 07-16-2009, 03:56 PM   #77
jenneses
For what it's worth...

I enjoy the BOI and find it to be a valuable resource. I use it often to research sellers. I originally became a contributor so I could post a trader rating, and if the BOI had a fee, I would have paid for that as well. I don't mind paying for a valuable service that can help and prevent the loss of my hard-earned cash.

I was actually going to do a search today on someone and feel the loss of the BOI quite keenly at this moment. I'm actually at a loss on what to do to research the seller, the BOI has been my primary resource for research.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:02 PM   #78
MedusaCoils
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daddy's wholesal View Post
Michael I simply made an offer to put my money where my mouth is. I know several people who would be willing to spend hundreds and even thousands to see a site like I will refer to below. The numbers speak for themselves. Why after several attempts by Rich aren't the masses giving 5-20 dollars to keep this alive. It is simply that they would rather loose the benifits from the site rather than support the continued bullcrap that goes on. I have people emailing and calling me offering to contribute money to me to use for purchasing the site. When a man sends me an email stating I will give 500-1000 dollars toward you buying the site to see chages made, that speaks volumes. Told you the silence is speaking.
So you probably ask what would I do.
I would make the site more like ebay, Giving a rating system that a buyer could credit or discredit a seller. I would make the transaction between buyer and seller for their eyes only. The only thing the public would see is the rating that the buyer gave the seller. This would eliminate anyone who has never purchased from a seller from being able to leave them positive or negative ratings. The ratings would be publically listed and viewed like the rating your local restaurant gets and has to display in plain site. On a side note there would be an opportunity for each person to register who they are with all their contact information. This way if person A bought something from person B and was unhappy. Once you viewed the rating that was given and you were thinking of purchasing from person B but wanted to know why the buyer was unhappy with the deal you could contact them and find out their side of the story and contact the buyer and find out theirs as well then decide what you were going to do. This way no one is at liability for anything said because the negative feedback was from the actual buyer to the seller and not a sounding board for everyone and their brother to blast on. To protect the buyer using the site we would have a standard that if you fall below a certain rating your ability to post for sale items would be banned for 30 days to perminantly depending on a percentage of problems with your overall number of sales. Who would you like to do business with someone who had a rating of 98 and sold 138 sales or the person who has a 73 rating and has had 27 sales. Math and odds are easy for me. Also to protect the buyers and sellers on the site when a scammer is found, there should be a page that contains all their information. Oh almost forgot to keep people from registering under rip van winkle and care bear names you will go through a verification process to be allowed access. This will be a problem for some but the people who want a safe site to conduct professional business at will not mind. Only someone who is worried about screwing someone over will be bothered by this process. I am sure other ideas will come to mind as days folow but these are a few that I have been thinking on for a while now.
So basically what your saying is that, you would pilfer an idea, from another site and then implement it here?

I am sorry, but I do not think that you, your proposals and what you stand for, can benefit this site or the reptile community, in any way. I have read about you on the BOI and I have seen how you handle situations. I am not impressed!

There is a reason for this;

Old 07-16-2009, 04:15 PM   #79
TripleMoonsExotic
So in other words, Allen...You would take everything that has been contributed here on the BOI and flush it down the toilet...What is the point of buying out the site to just remove everything? Do you really think any of us will stay for you to do that? Why don't you just buy your own domain and do it your way on your own instead of wasting our time and destroying everything someone else did?

Old 07-16-2009, 04:28 PM   #80
Ken Harbart
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daddy's wholesal View Post
Rich I have offered to you in both private and public to sell me the site. Stop being so arragant and make the phone call to me 706-615-4772 I am interested in keeping this site around. The BOI if ran correctly can and would be an effective site for people to use. The reason not many people are stepping up to help keep the site running in the way it is being ran is because the reptile industry as a whole are speaking out and saying "enough of the school house games" When you allow people to absolutely bash and hammer on people with the hopes to ruin their name and image that is wrong. My pastor has a saying that God don't like ugly! It does not suprise me that you are in the situation you are with this site. You are being treated like you have treated people. Maybe not personally, but by allowing people to act the way they do on this site makes you just as guilty. Rich swallow your pride and take your medicine like a man, Myself along with a few other larger breeders would be interested in buying your site as long as you are not rediculous with an offer. With the changes that would be made to the site controlling what is said to other people and using this site for the good in the industry and not just a ( he said my moma was fat, or she put bumblegum in my hair) would be and has a place in our industry. You want a contribution? Then pick up the phone my friend and make the call!
You know, when you try to belittle someone, you could at least have the common courtesy to use spell check. It would help you come across as less of a tool in situations such as this.

Hey, if you supposedly "[...]know several people who would be willing to spend hundreds and even thousands to see a site like I will refer to below[...]", then get them to float you the money and go knock yourself out. Of course, your idea seems to be extremely toothless and limited in scope.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!