Bad Guy DEAD SNAKES from Kevin South of The Constrictors Labrynth - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:04 PM   #11
colorado
No, my description, though an attempt made, came out wrong. You get what I am saying. The 1st snake, very ill, I told him right away.
The second snake was VERY thin, I emailed him about it, he ensured me that he "kept his males on the thin-side", that is what he said to me. He told me they ate, so when I sold the snake I repeated exactly what I was told. Then, my buyer informed me he was not eating. They said they'd keep trying and give it more time. The next time I heard from them dead.
I did not sell a sick snake knowingly! I sold a thin snake, that I was told he kept thin. Myself, as well as the new owners had intended to thicken the snake up a but. What, nobody ever rescued a snake, or bought one thin, as I did. It was not until the 1st one had issues, and then the 2nd, that you make a relationship between the two.
I am SORRY I did not explain better, truly.
For the record, I tried to contact Kevin, his tele is not working. I emailed him yesterday, no reply. I emailed him about a week ago to explain issues, he told me they were healthy when he sent them, which is not true.
I do not want to argue with him, this could be a simple error.
I do not want hard feelings.
I do not want people trying to make things into something they may not be.
I want to solve the problem, that's all.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:07 PM   #12
colorado
Again, sold the snake as Kevin presented it, "thin", then buyers started to explain issues, which mimiced issues we had at the same time with another in the shipment.
I did not discover it was ill until after buyers emailed to explain, and exact same issues as with first.
I did not and would not sell ill snake. Anyone that has ever gotten one of our snakes knows that this is true. We are not big breeders, simple hobbyists, so we're not into doing combat here, OK. Just have a problem. I may type things wrong, I'm not an author, OK. I may explain wrong, OK.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:11 PM   #13
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado View Post
I bought 3 snakes from Kevin South, all shipped 'together' in 'one' bag, one arrived with snot hanging out of his nose, all 3 bagged together allowing for spread of illness

Quote:
I may explain wrong, OK.

So you lied?

Old 05-10-2011, 07:12 PM   #14
colorado
Also, I am NOT trying to hammer Kevin, not at all.....I merely feel as though he would not hear me, so I needed to speak louder.
Phone, off.
Email, no reply.
Please, for a moment, place yourself in my shoes.
I'll say no more......Kevin knows what's up. he knows what he sent to us. He knows they were all in the same bag.
He knows I'm not an expert.
He know I do not know all the terminology, issues, etc., I'm a hobbyist, but learning very very very quickly......how about if I re-phrase......"I learned the 2nd snake was sick AFTER the buyers had it, and it had exact symptoms as 1st, and I had already inquired about why it was skinny.....and was told it was OK......and I was unaware of things then (and maybe still now) because I'm NOT as experienced as some of you. Is it OK to not be as experienced, and to maybe make a mistake while trying to get my point across? I'm trying people, I'm trying my best.....

Old 05-10-2011, 07:13 PM   #15
Riyeko
But you still sold a snake that looked "thin".
Regardless I have no idea what a "thin" snake looks like, as my husband and I feed Eve plenty of little mousies as much as she wants (aka every 5-7 days).

You still should have at least tried to feed him or kept him in your possession for at least that long to make sure he would eat for your buyers.

Its common sense .. If i were to buy a snake from someone, regardless of the condition they arrived in, I would at least keep them until I was able to feed them myself and then attempt to sell them.
Or at least state to the buyers that "this snake came to me from another person. im goign to let him/her eat first before i sell him to you, but you are first on the list and therefore will get him when hes been 'proven'".

Dont get me wrong im not trying to sound bitchy, but.. the guy sold you some nasty animals and you still turned around and sold them to someone else.

I still hope that you get a hold of the guy and everything gets worked out.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:14 PM   #16
Matt2979
Nick, since 3rd party quotes aren't allowed here, what are your customer's (the lovely young couple) names, and a way to contact them so that they can corroborate your story?

Old 05-10-2011, 07:15 PM   #17
Riyeko
Colorado.. im a new person to the herp industry as well.
I have no idea how to ship live animals as ive never been in that position before.

AND... weve had Eve for what, a month now?
And we are STILL learning things from the websites n whatnot my husband has looked up.

It just seems to me, that Kevin sold you some nasty animals, and you shipped them out as soon as the box arrived at your door.

I just dont get it.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:17 PM   #18
colorado
No, I did not lie. No.
I bought 3 snakes.
3 arrived in 1 bag?
After they were here I noticed one had stuffy nose, and I emailed Kevin.
He assured they were all healthy and that that snake had that sound/condition for a long time and that it was not a concern....so I trusted his word.
I sold a second snake from this group, after showing concern for its weight.....Kevin ensured the weight was hwo he kept the snake.
The 1st one died, I thought it unrelated until the buyer of the 2nd contacted me. Then I worried, so I emailed Kevin. No reply. Tried calling, # disconnected.
I may have stated something no in sequence, but in NO WAY did I lie. I have 2 dead snakes, hard to lie about that.
I did not and do not lie......and I will have vet report soon.....that will shed light on the subject, right? Right.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:20 PM   #19
Lucille
Quote:
No, I did not lie. No.
I bought 3 snakes.
3 arrived in 1 bag?
After they were here I noticed one had stuffy nose, and I emailed Kevin.
He assured they were all healthy and that that snake had that sound/condition for a long time and that it was not a concern....so I trusted his word.
I sold a second snake from this group, after showing concern for its weight.....Kevin ensured the weight was hwo he kept the snake.
The 1st one died, I thought it unrelated until the buyer of the 2nd contacted me. Then I worried, so I emailed Kevin. No reply. Tried calling, # disconnected.
I may have stated something no in sequence, but in NO WAY did I lie. I have 2 dead snakes, hard to lie about that.
I did not and do not lie......and I will have vet report soon.....that will shed light on the subject, right? Right.
I think you are a backpedaling liar. No one with a lick of sense would sell an animal that arrived packaged with another that had snot hanging out of its nose. Stop trying to fob off the responsibility on someone else.

Snot contact = No sell

Old 05-10-2011, 07:23 PM   #20
Riyeko
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
I think you are a backpedaling liar. No one with a lick of sense would sell an animal that arrived packaged with another that had snot hanging out of its nose. Stop trying to fob off the responsibility on someone else.

Snot contact = No sell
Exactly.
Three snakes were packaged together.
One was sick. Some bacteria and virus's only have a few seconds before they are transmitted to another host.

Plus its like, why not make sure the snakes eat and shed or at least just eat before you sell them?
Am I being too... harsh? Or ... I dont know. If i were to sell snakes right this second I would make sure they ate and shed or at least ate while in my possession!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!