Bad Guy DEAD SNAKES from Kevin South of The Constrictors Labrynth - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:43 AM   #41
Katie.Shinkle
Oh wow...first he sells a possibly sick snake pretty much right out of the box, and now we are learning of possible IBD. That...that is scary.

I don't keep snakes at the moment, but have read threads about the dreaded IBD. It scares the living daylights out of me! Nick, like Diana said, WHY was that not included in the first post in this thread? That is incredibly important information. Also, Kevin, I hope you are closing shop because of this report, and getting some animals tested as well. Yikes!

Old 05-11-2011, 02:47 AM   #42
Payara
Did Colorado provide any proof of the 2 dead snakes? Pics, vet report, etc.?

Old 05-11-2011, 02:48 AM   #43
Katie.Shinkle
Not yet. I hope he provides this vet report of IBD.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:58 AM   #44
Payara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie.Shinkle View Post
Not yet. I hope he provides this vet report of IBD.
I meant to say did colorado provide any proof to Kevin South?

Old 05-11-2011, 03:00 AM   #45
Katie.Shinkle
Ah, sorry. Misunderstood! I am not sure if there was proof provided to Kevin, hopefully he'll chime in here soon.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:55 AM   #46
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Constrictors Labrynth View Post
I I HONESTLY THOUGHT I had fully explained that the Het did have a "WHEEZE" but was examined by a Vet and cleared with a clean bill of health aside from an unexplainable "wheeze". He was a solid eater with no regurgitation issues and had NO DRAINAGE coming out of him at anytime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado View Post
one arrived with snot hanging out of his nose, all 3 bagged together allowing for spread of illness!

Quote:
Report just back from vet's office. You sent me snakes with IBD, and you would have had to know it!
I posted one thing on Fauna already, if needed, a copy og the IBD report goes on fauna, unless you take care of this issue!

Quote:
I in-turn sold one of these snakes to a very nice nice young couple,
At this point, vet reports should be posted by both sides for credibility purposes, and those reports need to be sent to the unsuspecting buyers.
What a mess.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:01 AM   #47
Katie.Shinkle

This is indeed a BIG mess. Hopefully the 'IBD' report is just a weird scare tactic.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:53 AM   #48
FLHerper34
ndnnnnngmnhg,m.kyth

Quote:
Rgvfdsg!

Old 05-11-2011, 05:10 AM   #49
FLHerper34
Not sure what happened on that last post, let's try this again.

Quote:
Report just back from vet's office. You sent me snakes with IBD, and you would have had to know it! I posted one thing on Fauna already, if needed, a copy og the IBD report goes on fauna, unless you take care of this issue!
To me, this statement speaks volumes about the character of the OP. Regardless of anything else that may come to light, this single quote has forever solidified his place on my Do Not Sell To/Buy From List.

Using IBD as blackmail? That's pretty low whether it's true or not. If there is any proof, then you have an obligation to let the rest of the community know about it. Keeping it a secret to scare someone into fixing your transaction makes you just as dirty as the person who knowingly sells snakes with IBD (although at this point we have no reason to believe that any of Kevin's collection is infected).

Nick, It seems strange that you post a bad guy thread about somebody, but don't bother to include the most damning evidence. To me that suggests a few possibilities...

A) You're making it up (from what I've read about you, this seems most likely)
B) The snake did die from IBD, but you want to keep it secret to avoid having IBD associated with your collection
C) You already have IBD in your collection and you're trying to blame someone else for why it suddenly showed up.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:37 AM   #50
Matt2979
Kevin, if snakes that are housed together can stress each other out--which is why we house them separately when not breeding--why would putting all 3 in one bag be less stressful than shipping them in their own, individual bags? I'm not getting that part. And it sounds like Nick was in touch with you more than I first believed.

I'm still not letting Nick of the hook for reselling a sick snake to the unsuspecting couple (the main reason that took focus from Kevin and directed it right back to Nick) but it looks to me like Kevin was given some opportunities to make this right with his buyer, long before it came to the BOI.

This really is a huge mess. I would love to see vet reports from both sides--from Kevin for the wheezing snake that received a clean bill of health report from his vet, and from Nick for necropsy report showing proof of IBD.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!