Bad Guy DEAD SNAKES from Kevin South of The Constrictors Labrynth - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-11-2011, 01:21 PM   #81
Homegrown Scales
Personally I've read a few on Nick. It always seems to be the same story. But I wouldn't jump to IBD just because Nick says so. Those could also be Ri signs, which stress, shipping, and low temps could aggravate a normally fine animal to have an Ri. Were the snakes that passed EVER taken to the vet while they were alive? Because let me tell you if I had received a snake with "snot" hanging out of his nose. That would be the first thing I did. All of them in fact would be coming with me. At that point if they did arrive with Ri/ IBD and couldn't control their bodies and flailing around I think a reptile vet would have definately written some sort of report right there to be sent to Kevin. I know I'd specifically request one even for the RI/most definately for suspect IBD. Just to show the seller. Hey this is how they arrived. Let's try and fix this.
Now, unfortunately I will never hold any person in high regard that knows the animal is sick or came in contact with sick animals. Yet still tries to sell them. Flippers have problems because of the way they do business. Plain and simple. I feel that by the way Nick speaks and carries himself that if there was IBD that report would be all over the web quicker then you can blink. But still no sign of it. So I'm not going to put much stock in that. I also think that's a really crummy thing to do. Screaming IBD is like screaming bomb on a plane. You don't do it until you have proof. Where is your proof Nick????? The vet confirmed IBD but you have nothing you can show us? Huh

When someone makes accusations like that and can't back them up at all I have a really hard time believing anything else that comes out of their mouths......

At the same time when a person comes on here and shows a decent email chain and evidence pertinent to the situation, and handles things professionally I take their word much more at face value.

Just my .02c

Morgan Weiss

Old 05-11-2011, 01:31 PM   #82
Focal
It looks like Nick has a few things for sale at this reptile show this weekend. Hopefully none are snakes:

http://www.rockymountainreptileexpo.com/Vendors.html

Old 05-11-2011, 01:49 PM   #83
Focal
For someone that believes he has an IBD collection, he sure has made A LOT of inquires and offers in the last week on new snakes to bring into his house. Not really the action of someone with an infected collection.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #84
chongorojo
Nick, at what vet did you have these tests done? Are you going to scan a copy and post this report anytime soon? Thats all I want to see from here on out!

Old 05-11-2011, 03:34 PM   #85
Riyeko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal X View Post
It looks like Nick has a few things for sale at this reptile show this weekend. Hopefully none are snakes:

http://www.rockymountainreptileexpo.com/Vendors.html
Well it says that he does fossilized reptiles n whatnot and minerals, maybe he will bring live animals as an "attraction" ?

Old 05-11-2011, 06:16 PM   #86
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal X View Post
I have some questions pertaining to this "INDUSTRY LEADER" or "TRUSTWORTHY BREEDER".

Why, Kevin, are you going to such great lengths to protect this breeder that has got you in the hot seat for possible IBD and a possible Coral that both of you are not convinced about?

I would stop shifting the blame onto this person until you reveal who they are because me, personally, I don't believe this person exists. This excuse of leaving someones name out of it is nonsense. If they are spreading illnesses, then it needs to be known. This is no worse than Nick selling a sick snake by you permitting these sale to continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Scarboro View Post
Now, we are getting somewhere.

I don't know if he is telling the truth or not about his *friend*.
Would I want to know if there is a possibility that someone I may be purchasing from is selling with this hanging over their head? Yes of course.

If I was the seller in this particular case would I release the info now? I'm afraid I'm going to have to state absolutely NOT. Not with this buyer and lack of anything remotely close to evidence.

Here is why. The buyer here has provided no evidence. The buyer here has a short reputation and it isn't very good. As much as I think it is important to get the word out to people there is no way in hell that I would throw anyone's name under the bus with what is provided here. Once it is mentioned no-matter what evidence is later provided that clears their name the damage will be done. It can't be undone just as easily.

I would take the notification seriously and notify the other party to put a hold on transactions until it is cleared up.

My gut tells me the OP made the unfounded statements to get a refund. Nothing more. Until proof comes forth if I was the seller, I would take all the heat on the situation and not subject anyone else as a target.

The OP didn't bring it here. The seller is the one reporting it. That states something in of itself. Nick would be happy to sweep it under the carpet as long as he gets a refund. That states a lot about Nick.

Nick was willing to sell a sick snake fast so he wouldn't be out any funds. That goes to Nick's reputation.

So we have Nick coming here telling us that he received dead and dieing snakes and offered no proof. Not even a photo of a dead snake.
Didn't tell us about any suspected IBD. Lied in this thread or to the seller on the timing on the necropsy.

Lied to all of us in this thread about selling a sick snake to others.

Sorry, I'm not taking his word that a snake even died at this point. He talks a big game about buying hundreds of snakes the last year or two (no quarantine) yet is constantly telling people he has no funds. Can barely meet the asking price. Seems he is working on a shoestring and not producing anything himself. Yet, he has tables at a show. I doubt he even had a VET look at the snakes.

No proof from this character then you would get no name from me. I couldn't do that to someone else. I simply don't believe him.

Old 05-11-2011, 06:18 PM   #87
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyeko View Post
Well it says that he does fossilized reptiles n whatnot and minerals, maybe he will bring live animals as an "attraction" ?
I didn't catch what he was selling at the show. Strike that part of my comment. Everything else remains the same.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:00 PM   #88
Devon Hodgins
Well it seems Nick has disappeared into the darkness ones we started asking for proof and he didn't have any. I highly doubt any of that which he said was true.

It is also very suspicious that Kevin would offer a free pair of boas without having any proof from Nick. It is almost like he new those animals were sick so he was trying to hush Nick.

I personally wont refund or promise anything until I have proof. I don't think any breeder here would give me a replacement animal just because I said they were dead.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:00 PM   #89
hhmoore
Nick is viewing this thread right now

Old 05-11-2011, 09:03 PM   #90
bear
I know the buyer has done some less then honorable things in this situation and I can only assume some husbandry issues as well, but there are two things bugging me about the seller.

1. I have seen plenty of "reptile" vets who have no idea what they are doing and try to send you away with nothing saying you have a healthy snake when the snake clearly needs medical attention, or ones that will prescribe meds w/o resistance testing etc...

Point being, as a reptile breeder/hobbyist/reseller or whatever you are, it is your responsibility to know what a healthy animal does and does not do. A healthy animal will not wheeze... Even with no discharge in the mouth, wheezing is the first sign of RI and can be treated with a lung culture & resistance test by a knowledgeable vet. If wheezing goes untreated the bubbles and fluid will certainly follow if the husbandry is not corrected & meds are not administered. The only time I have seen wheezing to be a [b]temporary[b], harmless issue, is when some leftover shed gets in the boas nostril, but again this is very short term, usually falls out in a couple days, and should be noticeable to anyone who cares to take a peak in the nostril. Also, the shed "wheez" is very distinctly different then the RI "wheez."

2. "I am sure many people have purchased multiple boas from a single person and had them packaged in the same container or bag."

Nope, never have lol and I've bought hundreds. A couple geckos in one deli cup? sure... Three snakes in one bag? Nope. If you shipped me a wheezing snake in a pile of three snakes in one snake bag I'd be less then pleased... That is a very stressful situation for those boas. Sounds like something a flipper/importer might do, but certainly not something I would expect from purchasing a few C/B boas.

Now granted these two points do not mean you sent dead snakes to this guy, it doesn't even mean your a bad guy or even knew any better... but in my opinion it says a little bit about your experience with husbandry and shipping.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!