Tentative list of membership options. - Page 19 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-20-2005, 10:07 AM   #181
Gary O
Can I ask a quick question. Was this poll not made after you said you were going to charge either way anyway. And there were like 2 or 3 other polls with 70 to 100+ votes against charging. Maybe most of them people left after you said you were going to charge for sure and did not vote on the last poll..............................................

But I remember the first polls not being for this charge? Just a thought

Old 02-20-2005, 08:37 PM   #183
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Jolly
Webbie I'm going to throw a toughie at you. You say this is partly to provide some verification of people posting on the boi right. How about this scenario.... Suppose I sent you a $100 bill cash money in an envelope for a membership token. Nothing else there but me user name. Do I get the membership token???
Yes. I would make you a Benefactor Member. I never said this would be a perfect method of determining credibility. But I do think it will be somewhat of a deterrent against those people making up multiple registrations to post on the BOI.

Quote:
And by the by the $10 fee is chicken feed. Its going to cost you way more in that in headaches and record keeping for your taxes then it will be worth it to you. Stop bending over backwards for these people. Scrap the low chicken crap level and make it $25 minimum!!! At least the whining will be for a more substantial reason.
Well surprisingly quite a few people did say I wasn't charging enough. But fortunately I do have the higher levels available for them if they feel that way.

Quote:
Another question. What is the break point??? What decides if this site stays or goes??? You have a $$$ figure in mind??? My opinion is to close the site. Make people pay to have you reopen it. Separate the men from the boys. People dont appreciate what they have till its gone anyway, so show them. Close it down then take a trip for a week. Count the number of payments you get when you get back and decide then whether it is worth it or not. Stop beating around the bush and make people pay for what you have put together here.
I don't know. I don't have a marker on the PayPal account. I think it will be a combination of how many people do sign up for paid accounts along with how this all affects overall traffic to this site. There are a bunch of unknowns in this that I just can't predict and have to just wait to see what happens. Worst case scenario, for me, is that I come to the determination that it has failed and I start making plans for some time on the beach, only to have it dashed if there is a resurgence when people see I was serious about that.

Quote:
Made that 100 mark yet???
Yes. Well over, actually. Did anyone take up your bet?

Old 02-21-2005, 04:45 AM   #184
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Well over, actually. Did anyone take up your bet?
I said I'd donate $10 bucks a head under 100 to his $10 bucks a head over 100. So what does he owe you Webslave?

Old 02-21-2005, 01:03 PM   #185
Sasheena
I counted 245 people who have paid (some $10, some more)...

That was just by looking at all 171 pages of member names.

(yes, I am bored, can you tell?)

Old 02-21-2005, 01:39 PM   #186
WebSlave
Some of those are carryovers from before the conversion to the new system, so some contributions are not even $10. I was giving that older contributor icon initially to anyone, even those who donated only $1 (which did happen, btw).

As far as the bet, I don't see how I could enforce it, especially since there was no official agreement on the terms. Just the typical chest beating, it looks like from the initiator, so I didn't give it much credibility. Matter of fact, in a thread elsewhere, people are saying Mr. Jolly is me anyway, so I certainly couldn't collect the money from myself!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!