Tentative list of membership options. - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-15-2005, 11:09 AM   #71
Vince
why can you post positve points and not negitive?

Old 02-15-2005, 11:10 AM   #72
Vince
sorry i wanted to ask this to but I hit the post button on accident. Can you still post feed back on the trader rating on the free membership?

Old 02-15-2005, 11:58 AM   #73
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
Maybe that should be the number needed after the plan is implemented (500 new posts). My reasoning is based on the lack of support from long time members who were stating they would leave if a fee was implemented. They have benifited from Fauna for years but when asked to pay $10 to $25 dollars their true lack of support is shown, thanks but goodbye.

Brian (bcfos) is a good example of someone who has been here for quite a while and made a large number of posts. He has shown that he doesn't support this site by his comments and actions like yesterday when he went on a negative rep point rampage because he wanted to stir up as much crap as he could prior to leaving. I'll bet the majority of people he gave negative rep points to were contributing members.

I just think that in order to receive the $10 level for free there should be some sort of support shown other than being while it was free. Not to mention the fact that anyone who has been here for a long period of time has already received many perks for free.
I have scrapped the idea of the free membership for a certain number of posts. The more I thought about it, the less I liked it. I am certain that there are a number of long time members here who are not who they say they are. So if I am to use this paid membership plan as a minimal credibility check, then this just defeats that purpose. And honestly, if someone is going to moan and whine about a measily $10 per year, they can just hit the road anyway. I would rather have this site reduced to 1,000 serious truly dedicated people and let the other 16,000 go fly a kite. Once we have that solid foundation, we WILL bounce back again. We will become MUCH stronger then we are right now.

Brian has effectively been muzzled in the reputation points department. Also, I have removed ALL of the negative points he gave a bunch of people yesterday. I gave him an opportunity to make on last hurrah in the HELL forum before I fine and suspend him, but maybe I won't wait that long. The way he used the reputation system was totally uncalled for and spiteful. In my opinion, if such a showing of immaturity is not grounds for someone being suspended from this site, I don't know what is.

And just for the record, there is damn little someone can do on this site of any consequence that I can't undo.

Old 02-15-2005, 12:01 PM   #74
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
why can you post positve points and not negitive?
That little tirade from Brian Foster is a perfect example of why I don't want just any freebie Joe Blow able to post negative reputation points. People get upset when it happens. Some people get spiteful and childish. I want to put a filter on that sort of activity by requiring a person to have a vested interest in remaining on this site and not engage in activity that will cause them to lose that investment.

Old 02-15-2005, 12:01 PM   #75
Vince
1,000 serious truly dedicated people = 10 grand in your pocket. does it really cost that much to keep this site up?

Old 02-15-2005, 12:04 PM   #76
WebSlave
Quote:
sorry i wanted to ask this to but I hit the post button on accident. Can you still post feed back on the trader rating on the free membership?
Once the paid membership plan goes into effect, no. Again, this is all about credibility. If absolutely anyone can register here for free with multiple accounts, I believe it is in everyone's best interests to limit the activities that juvenile, malicious, or spiteful people can do to hurt someone else's reputation anonymously.

Old 02-15-2005, 12:06 PM   #77
Vince
I would just like to say their is nothing wrong with makeing money , but i was under the impression you just wanted to the money to help keep the site up

Old 02-15-2005, 12:08 PM   #78
WebSlave
Quote:
1,000 serious truly dedicated people = 10 grand in your pocket. does it really cost that much to keep this site up?
What kind of work do you do, Vince? Do you ask for a paycheck that only matches your expenses of getting to work each day?

Old 02-15-2005, 12:17 PM   #79
John Cherry
My two cents

Rich,

In my opinion you are on the right track with the required membership fees for this sight, facts is that the folks that are truly interested in being involved in this hobby will pay it no questions asked. There will be of course some folks that for one reason or another will not pay the fee and will want to benefit off from the input of others without any real involvement. Usually in life as in this hobby you get exactly what you pay for. As for myself I am willing/able to try and help defray the costs of running this sight as I believe it will benefit the overall health of the hobby. With a few dollars income from the site, you can afford to make the updates and implement the procedures/help etc that are needed to keep it viable.

I also would like to add one other thought and that is that youngsters are the life blood of our hobby, I would suggest a "Jr Membership" of some type for kids that want to be involved and would even go so far as to say I would be glad to sponser a few of them if you set up a program along those lines. :

Sign me up as I told you in the email of yesterday.

John Cherry
Cherryville Farms

Old 02-15-2005, 12:37 PM   #80
Bill_Leverton
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWCsr
Rich,
I also would like to add one other thought and that is that youngsters are the life blood of our hobby, I would suggest a "Jr Membership" of some type for kids that want to be involved and would even go so far as to say I would be glad to sponser a few of them if you set up a program along those lines. :

Sign me up as I told you in the email of yesterday.

John Cherry
Cherryville Farms
John I like that Idea I'd be willing to get on board also, just let me know what I can Do

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!