Where is..... - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 06:11 PM   #41
KelliH
Quote:
To my understanding, it is (was) not against the rules to have multiple user accounts unless it was done to bypass a suspension. Perhaps the same rule should apply to bypassing warning points in general? I think that's what you're getting at here, but I suggest it might be best to spell it out with the rest of the rules. For example, I don't think it would violate any existing rules for me to start a new user name and lose my warning pts. No, I have have no intentions of ever doing that, I'm just saying that I suppose someone nearing 100 pts. might though.
I agree with Paul. I think a rule against creating a new user name in order to bypass warning points is a good idea.

Old 11-18-2005, 06:18 PM   #42
Dennis1
I beleive if someone breaks the rules they should be punished!

Old 11-18-2005, 06:19 PM   #43
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis1
I beleive if someone breaks the rules they should be punished!
Rich...you owe me $10

Old 11-18-2005, 06:20 PM   #44
Bill_Leverton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
Rich...you owe me $10
and so you win again

Old 11-18-2005, 06:25 PM   #45
Dennis1
Quote:
Rich...you owe me $10
Huh...Oh,...lol

Old 11-18-2005, 07:38 PM   #46
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSage
To my understanding, it is (was) not against the rules to have multiple user accounts unless it was done to bypass a suspension. Perhaps the same rule should apply to bypassing warning points in general? I think that's what you're getting at here, but I suggest it might be best to spell it out with the rest of the rules. For example, I don't think it would violate any existing rules for me to start a new user name and lose my warning pts. No, I have have no intentions of ever doing that, I'm just saying that I suppose someone nearing 100 pts. might though.
Yeah, I know. But sheesh, I doubt anyone gets half as tired of READING the rules here then I do having to make them up as situations arise. The danged rules here are going to get as complicated and weighty as the tax codes....

Old 11-18-2005, 07:41 PM   #47
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Yeah, I know. But sheesh, I doubt anyone gets half as tired of READING the rules here then I do having to make them up as situations arise. The danged rules here are going to get as complicated and weighty as the tax codes....
Rich,

There is no need to cover every contingency. There is the letter and then there is the spirit. The lawyers sometimes call it "the reasonable man rule". In this case it is "reasonable" that someone's warnings follow them along, even if they make a new ID and even if vBulletin programming does not account for it.

Old 11-18-2005, 10:22 PM   #48
PaulSage
A necessary evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
I know the rules would end up more lengthy, but I don't think it would be TOO overwhelming. Considering how much time many people spend on Fauna, even if it took a whole 15 minutes to read all the rules, I don't think that's unreasonable. Besides, once a rule is in place you as the admin/mod would always have it to fall back on.
Honestly though, I would suggest a forum right on the main page called "Fauna Rules". And then just post (and lock) all of the rules right there--right there on the front page where nobody can claim to have not seen them. That, or add it as a link to the User CP--FAQ--Trader Ratings--etc. bar across the top. (if that's possible.) Also, if new members don't get an email with all of the rules sent to them right after they sign up, I think that would be a good idea. Not just a link or a suggestion to read something, but to actually send the rules, in text, to new members. Some people just need it spoon-fed to them.

Old 11-19-2005, 02:29 AM   #49
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Anaconda Al and CloudNine for one pair. I doubt that he's coming back, but one of his ID's is banned, the other "suspended". The total is well over 100 points.

Who? Oh, Eleaner

Albert Applebaum, Rob Dunleavy, Eleanor Golden.

Anaconda Al
CloudNine
Elbird

I can't remember what thread it was on but I believe it had to do with Ryan T. He had about ten user names at one time and built up a lot of points under one then received a clean sweep when he changed to his current one. I believe Rich said then that there was nothing he could do about it due to programming. As you can see, he has again built up a fair amount under his current name.

Old 11-19-2005, 02:38 AM   #50
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman

Rich said then that there was nothing he could do about it due to programming. As you can see, he has again built up a fair amount under his current name.
Oops, he just said that on this thread. I should not skim the posts before posting.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread