The People's Choice - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-15-2007, 01:49 PM   #1
Sledgehammer
The People's Choice

There has been a considerable amount of discussion regarding the implementation of the new program for the issuing of warning points by "qualified" members on this site.

I think it would be interesting to see who would be given this power if the vote had been left up to the membership.

Disclaimer: I am not trying to insuate that anyone who currently has this power is not deserving. I would simply like to see who would be granted this power had it been based on a popular vote of the membership.

Who do you think should be in a position to issue warning points to other members?

Thank you for your participation.

Old 02-15-2007, 02:02 PM   #2
shrap
Hmmmmm....

Rich, Dennis, Ken and Jay come to mind...

Old 02-15-2007, 02:56 PM   #3
WebSlave
I think such a poll would be much more informative if it was via members voting AGAINST who should have that "power".......

Old 02-15-2007, 03:05 PM   #4
Mike Greathouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
I think such a poll would be much more informative if it was via members voting AGAINST who should have that "power".......
No Rich,
I, for one, think it's an interesting question.
There are many regular posters here who are respected by the membership at large, who have not been granted this power, simply because they did not opt to pay the required amount to become eligible.

I think it would be very interesting to see who the members think are deserving.

I'm working up my list and will post it later.

Old 02-15-2007, 03:10 PM   #5
WebSlave
Just for the record, this was not an option presented to anyone in the decision making process to implement this program. And it certainly will not have any effect in retrospect as well. But enjoy yourselves, nonetheless.....

Old 02-15-2007, 03:15 PM   #6
Mike Greathouse
I am not suggesting that any changes should be made.
I simply agree with the original poster that it might be fun (anybody remember fun) to see what everyone thinks about this.

Old 02-15-2007, 04:59 PM   #7
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Greathouse
I simply agree with the original poster that it might be fun (anybody remember fun) to see what everyone thinks about this.
I think it beats the HELL out of opra.

But then, I don't watch opra.

Old 02-15-2007, 05:50 PM   #8
WebSlave
Quote:
I believe that is what I suggested.......... "But enjoy yourselves, nonetheless....."

However, not everyone is going to KNOW intuitively that this is all this exercise really is. And certainly someone is going to get pissed at ME because the efforts made to engage in such a poll will have no results here.

Just felt I needed to explicitly point this out to the people who may get the wrong impression about this "fun" poll being suggested.

Old 02-15-2007, 06:27 PM   #9
jsrocket
Quote:
HERE'S MY LIST:

Ward Cleaver: When it comes to gentle wisdom and fair compassion, how are you gonna top him?

Superman: Hey, he's Superman. You gotta support him, unless you are not in favor of truth, justice, and the American way.

Bill Cosby: His ability to see the humor in most any situation, coupled with his sharp intellect makes him someone I would trust to hand out hand slaps.

Ann Landers: She knows about stuff. Plus, she can spell, and knows how to use punctuation.

The Dalai Lama: He would probably just tell you to get over yourself.

Buddha: He would refer you to The Dalai Lama.

Please take this post in the spirit intended.

Old 02-15-2007, 07:19 PM   #10
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrocket
HERE'S MY LIST:

Ward Cleaver: When it comes to gentle wisdom and fair compassion, how are you gonna top him?

Superman: Hey, he's Superman. You gotta support him, unless you are not in favor of truth, justice, and the American way.

Bill Cosby: His ability to see the humor in most any situation, coupled with his sharp intellect makes him someone I would trust to hand out hand slaps.

Ann Landers: She knows about stuff. Plus, she can spell, and knows how to use punctuation.

The Dalai Lama: He would probably just tell you to get over yourself.

Buddha: He would refer you to The Dalai Lama.

Please take this post in the spirit intended.

I believe the requirements are that anyone chosen to be a moderator MUST have ALL of those qualities..................

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!