Mods who are SOOOOO smart they don't even have to read the guidelines - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:04 PM   #21
DaveyFig
Wes, do you have date/time stamps on the warnings? I have never checked into the warning system so I don't know what exactly it shows, and since I have already started typing this and don't feel like waiting through the wait page on my dinosaur connection. I was just wondering if it was possible that the warnings went through similar to double postings. I have seen numerous posts made back to back that contain the exact same thing. I have had one or two myself. I think they may have gone through because i reloaded a page, or clicked "post" too many times. Anyway, I am wondering if something like that could have been the cause of the multiple warnings or if he was intentionally trying to warn you more than once.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:21 PM   #22
Chameleon Company
Davey,
Take a moment and consider that even if there were a possibility for a rationale and non-impugning explanation, as you have suggested, vs. one that can be used to malign the mod who chose to administer the ding, where's the shadow going to fall in Wes's world ? It isn't a coin toss. I thank you for pointing out the possibility for those who see it otherwise as much ado about nothing, which would be to say different day, same drivel.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:32 PM   #23
Laura Fopiano
Okay, from what I have read here lately, some of the folks here can step over the line. Whether I agree with Christopher's style of moderation or not does not seem to be the issue at hand, and IF I have an issue with Chris, I will take it up in pm or in the mod forum.

What I see is that some of the members believe that money equals power, I'm sorry but I disagree. I did not buy my coin to moderate, I bought the same coin that I have always had from the bargaining, to support this site, a site that I believe in and a site that has brought me some of the best friends that I could ever have.

This site and it's members should be treated with respect at all times, unless, they are a proven bad guy on the BOI or a troll. And yes, respect does go both ways. Treat others as you wish to be treated, follow the rules of this site, and all should be just fine....I hope.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:38 PM   #24
DaveyFig
I have read and reread this thread several times. I don't know what made me click it in the first place, and what keeps dragging me back, but it does.
I think it has something to do with the sarcastic "Sooooo Smart" not being the only misleading part of the topic line. As far as I know, Chriss66 has not been raised to a level of moderation. He simply has use of the warning system tool that he was empowered with because of a contribution he made.
I think that even though it is explained later in the thread that it was only used to point out the lack of intelligence of Chriss66 , the topic line alone leads people to think Wes might have an agenda other than what he states in the thread. I will go ahead and type it so Wes doesn't have to, I "ASSume" that that is exactly what Wes wanted to do. To direct attention towards the moderation team as a whole, not just the non-mod that issued him points.
I think Wes is an intelligent guy. I cannot argue that he isn't. I do think though that his want to see his own words followed by kudos he gets for putting them in print is as of late getting in the way of whatever point he is trying to make.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:16 PM   #25
Wilomn
Sorry Fig, but you got this one wrong. It was solely about chris66.

Sammy, you had to be there. In less than 30 minutes he tried to ding me three times not knowing that he was limited to one. It amused me. Then I figured I would rub his nose in his stupidity.

I'm NOT saying I didn't do anything to deserve being dinged, you guys who thought I did need to stop ASSuming and READ what I write.

It was NOT pointed at any other mods, be they duly appointed or purchased positions, it was just one guy making a dumb mistake with me. He had a hardon for me for some unknown reason so I smacked him.

Plain and simple.

Had it just been the one, this thread would not be here.

That's it. No big deal no matter how you slice it, no complaints from me about misuse of power, simply pointing out that not everyone read the instructions that go with the position.

Summa y'all need ta lighten up just a tad.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:27 PM   #26
DaveyFig
Well, maybe I "ASSumed" based on the plural "mods" and "they" that you must be firing at more than one.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:28 PM   #27
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Fopiano
Okay, from what I have read here lately, some of the folks here can step over the line. Whether I agree with Christopher's style of moderation or not does not seem to be the issue at hand, and IF I have an issue with Chris, I will take it up in pm or in the mod forum.

What I see is that some of the members believe that money equals power, I'm sorry but I disagree. I did not buy my coin to moderate, I bought the same coin that I have always had from the bargaining, to support this site, a site that I believe in and a site that has brought me some of the best friends that I could ever have.

This site and it's members should be treated with respect at all times, unless, they are a proven bad guy on the BOI or a troll. And yes, respect does go both ways. Treat others as you wish to be treated, follow the rules of this site, and all should be just fine....I hope.
I understand what you're saying, Laura, and agree to some extent. YOU bought your coin for the right reasons, as did many others. You seem to do a fine job as a mod. If everyone was doing it for the same reasons as you, and in the way you are doing it, I don't think anyone should have a problem with the sysytem.

However....some people, regardless of what they paid, are NOT qualified to do the job. Look, for instance, at Perfect Pet Python and Charles Schuck. Both scammers and not so nice people...PROVEN bad guys....but hey, since they paid their money, let's let them be moderators. And then there's those that don't even take the time to figure out, or don't care to figure out, what the rules are before dinging people. Or folks that only sem to "catch" certain people. I could go on, but I think you get the drift. At this point, money DOES equal power.....if you pay your 100 bucks, you can have the power, no matter who or what you are.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:29 PM   #28
Chameleon Company
Quote:
He had a hardon for me for some unknown reason so I smacked him.
Ever seen the old Three Stooges clips where Curly always ends up hitting himself. He was probably pitching a tent too.
Whoop ... whoop ...whoop ....whoop ... whoop ..... eh, wise guy huh ?
Quote:
Summa y'all need ta lighten up just a tad.
You mean like making something like this into a thread ... OK.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:29 PM   #29
jsrocket
Wes, now that you are finished mopping the floor, could you channel your efforts into a serious "bad guy" situation?

Old 02-26-2007, 08:35 PM   #30
Wilomn
Fig, I appologize. As someone who is good with words I dropped the ball on the title here.

I hope that someday you can find it in your heart, the great everylovin gusher of a muscle, to forgive me my transgressions, er gression.

Really, I am serious, that was poorly worded and I will do better in the future with my word choices.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!