Mods who are SOOOOO smart they don't even have to read the guidelines - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:53 PM   #41
Dragondad
Dang I got to really get my whole thought process out before I hit enter.

In four years I have been on this site I have seen Rich do several things that I haven't agreed with. Sometime later things progress again. This site like anything worthwhile is an everchanging entity. Although I don't think a whole lot of some of the people who have the moderator status, I understand what Rich did, could I have done it better I don't think so, or could any of you do better, I hear a lot of noise but I don't really think putting the heavy gloves on is the answer. Or if you really are sure your right then create your own site or move on. He has established the rules and layed it all out for everyone. He has put in the limits so the abuse, I and others whine about don't really affect the members. Wes has his share of hits, yet he is a little over 20% towards the number needed. Yet some of you I am sure would ban him now.....some other members probably sould be but I don't really think Wes does.

I do know that if this doesn't work the way Rich wants it will change, or maybe fine tune a little. So for all the heavy handers who want to basically put a ban button on anyone they don't like your just as bad with the bitching as say Wes or anyone else is with the complaints of the current mods.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:58 PM   #42
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
Sammy, I've also never denied that I like rubbing certain peoples noses in their poo. On the one hand it's like housebreaking a puppy in that a conditional responce may be learned. To the left, sometimes it just feels good to let loose on a dweeb.
Lmao, oh yeah I can relate. I sit behind my keyboard almost every night at one time or another muttering very similar things to myself about many of the same people. I can relate indeed. lol

Quote:
Were I more evolved, or perhaps if I cared for my fellow man more, I would do more to practice what you preach. For now, cheek turning is pretty much not an option as a rule.
It aint about my fellow man, I have lost faith in the majority of them. It is about doing what I know to be right and just. Even by those that dont always deserve it.

And it certainly aint about turning cheeks. I just fight my battles on a different front. One that does not lower me to the level of those that I have lost faith in.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:21 PM   #43
Chameleon Company
Mike

Quote:
So for all the heavy handers who want to basically put a ban button on anyone they don't like your just as bad with the bitching as say Wes or anyone else is with the complaints of the current mods.
One thing I have seen in my 4+ years here is the common practice of folks who want to convey a disagreement to first restate that which they want to impugn in a way which is innaccurate, but more easily impugned, and then disagree with it. The most obvious stated reasons for suspensions deserved and not rendered have been those involving threats of lethal force, and yet each threat only earned about 30% of the warnings required for a suspension, and the bulk of that required super-mod firepower. That's not a "ban button on anyone we don't like", and the penalty once attained is likely a $10 fine BTW, although a ban would be more appropriate. Glad to clarify.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:23 PM   #44
Wilomn
Sometimes I wonder at my willingness to knowingly go down, as I do know better, yet I go.

I am not sure if it needs to be worked on or if it's some weird penance.

And, deep down where it really counts, I do still like it.

Like I said, same path, different crest.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:32 PM   #45
shrap
Quote:
Sometimes I wonder at my willingness to knowingly go down.....
You are lucky that I have the utmost respect for you..... otherwise I could really go places with that quote.......

Oh man.... I got tears in my eyes!!!

Old 02-26-2007, 10:41 PM   #46
DaveyFig
Who is it that always makes comments like "I smelll tuna"?

Old 02-26-2007, 10:41 PM   #47
Wilomn
Holy mackanoli, I sure set myself up on that one.

Oh well, it's a test.

So far.......you're doing well.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:09 PM   #48
shrap
Hehe.... sorry Wes. For some reason that 13 year old in me just wont die.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:35 PM   #49
WebSlave
Quote:
christopher66, for some reason, decided that I needed to be taught something tonight. It seems he wanted me to know that he was NOT intelligent enough to have read the guidlines that came with his ability to represent what a moderator should be and this .....wonderful example of hubris....tried to ding me THREE times in less than 30 minutes.

I'm pretty sure, not positive as I have no obligation as a NON-MOD to know these things, that's it ONCE A DAY oh brilliant example of all that makes fauna shine as the newly born sun of a spring morning, washing away the grit and grime of mankinds impudence and arrogance and his affrontery to nature itself.
Wes, I've been thinking about this original post, and I have to confess I'm confused. The way the system was designed was such that any mod (not SUPER mod) can only ding another member once within a 24 hour period. That also implies that the message sent for that ding would NOT be issued if such action was blocked because of that 1 in 24 rule.

Looking at your cut and past job of those PMs has me quite confused, as they look like multiple replies to a SINGLE original warning. Since this may be a bug in the coding, could you please cut and paste EACH INDIVIDUAL PM that you got for each of those warnings so I can forward them to my programmer? BTW, the issuer of the warning points will get a copy of the PM as well, so if christopher66 would send me copies of those PMs I would appreciate it.

And has anyone else tried this? I would like to know if the recipient in that attempt got a PM of that failed warning point issued. If any of the mods want to test this for me, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:19 AM   #50
DaveyFig
Since I don't forsee me intentionally overstepping any boundries in the near future, I would be willing to take some test warning points. If Chriss66, or anyone feels like they may want to try and hit me with warnings to see what the PM outcome is, I can play guinea pig. You can try one, and see if it sends multiple times, or you can try sending it 2 or three times and see if the PMs come through with the same message.
If you do it, please post here that you did it so others don't keep doing it!
I can use profanity if it makes anyone feel better about warning me too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!