Animal Planet sponser boycott - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:40 PM   #1
Pmsayi
Animal Planet sponser boycott

After watching several recent AP shows spinning USGS/ HSUS mis-truths I am fed up. I recently started emailing their sponsors (starting with Geico who uses a reptile as their mascot) informing them that I will be encouraging others in the reptile community to boycott their services if they continue to support this channel. I encourage all members of this site to do the same. This is yet another way we can all help to stop the USGS and HSUS spin on reptile owners and ownership. This is the single most effective way to stop AP (BBC and Discovery communications) from aiding these organizations from spreading this mis-information. I also encourage members of this site to list sponsors (advertisers) of this company in this thread until the negative spin is stopped. For those who want to start now follow this link:

http://www.geico.com/about/contactus/

Old 07-08-2011, 12:04 AM   #2
jscianni21
ya they had the show man eating super snake it just pissed me off its funny how in the beginning they are all like oo the African rock python is aggressive and willl attack whatever it sees then 20 mins later the biologist is going yes the python will hiss then try to escape then attack the whole show was just stupid and a crap load ... well crap

Old 07-08-2011, 01:10 PM   #4
Pmsayi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscianni21 View Post
ya they had the show man eating super snake it just pissed me off its funny how in the beginning they are all like oo the African rock python is aggressive and willl attack whatever it sees then 20 mins later the biologist is going yes the python will hiss then try to escape then attack the whole show was just stupid and a crap load ... well crap
The problem is the show reaches a lot of people who know nothing about snakes or reptiles in general. The point is to create a negative spin on reptiles and reptile owners to shove through an agenda. Even though the USGS theories have been proven incorrect and the DNA strains of the burm population in the Glades do not match those of Burms imported for the pet trade, HSUS and the USGS are still pointing the finger at reptile owners for the burm population and now the rock population.

There are rumors abounding that both groups may have personnel responsible for releasing larger animals to make the problem seem worse than it is. I really got annoyed about the hybrid supersnake B.S. In the wild both animals obtain roughly the same size. Captivity changes growth rate and provides optimum circumstances that are not present in the wild. They try to make it appear that these animals are going to obtain record sizes and consume the human population in Florida.

Animal Planet has become very left wing and has obviously chosen to align itself with extremest groups. This gives these groups a highly visual spot to spread their agenda through. The only way to effectively combat that is by hurting them where it counts. Take away the advertising funds and they can no longer continue to operate in this manner. This is not something an orginization such as U.S. Ark can promote or get involved with or they will lose some of their legitimacy. This is something we as a community can do to help fight the infringement of our rights and to protect the image of the community. John, I hope you and I are not the only two that bother to do anything about this or it will be unsuccessful.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!