Bad Guy Aaron with TeguNation - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:49 PM   #1
joshb
Aaron with TeguNation

My name is Josh Barraza. I own TortoiseForum, TeguTalk and a few other forums like this one. I also own a local pet shop in SoCal.
Aaron, the owner of Tegunation.com, called me at my store one night needing an incubator. His tegu had just laid eggs at 7pm at night. He was without deli cups, vermiculite, he was in a real bind. I told him don't sweat it, just bring the eggs asap so they don't spoil and I'll get you set up. My incubator was already running and I had all the supplies. When he arrived, after we closed, I let him in and we got his eggs taken care of. I didn't charge him a dime but we agreed that he'd put my female Argentine with his male for a week.
A few weeks passed with Aaron's eggs in my incubator while he got his set up. When he was ready, he picked them up. Again I charged him NOTHING out of good faith. My female was still waking up from hibernation so I said I'd be in touch in a week or two when she was ready to pair .
Now that my female is ready and Aaron has his eggs he's nowhere to be found. He doesn't reply to my messages. He doesn't acknowledge acknowledge that I helped him for free and that he's backing out on his end of the deal we both verbally agreed on.
This is NOT someone I'd trust or ever do business with again. Buyer beware!

Old 04-23-2018, 08:35 PM   #2
bcr229
Were these interactions all verbal or do you happen to have texts to/from him that you could post?

Old 04-23-2018, 11:20 PM   #4
joshb
See attachments
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2018, 02:24 AM   #5
Chrisc52
Hey Josh if you get a chance maybe we can talk

Old 04-24-2018, 06:00 AM   #6
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshb View Post
he was in a real bind.
Joshua I have a couple of questions please. First, what is Aaron's last name, so that readers can identify him?
Second,since I am not familiar with tegu breeding, and it seems to be relevant to this story, I'm just curious as to why this was such an emergency, tegus in the wild don't use incubators, couldn't any proper substrate that was warm enough serve his needs until an incubator was procured?

Old 04-24-2018, 10:03 AM   #7
joshb
His full name is Aaron Aguilar.
I'm not sure why his situation was so dire. He had told me this clutch was laid early in the season and he was unprepared on all fronts for it. I'm not experienced with tegu breeding.

Old 04-24-2018, 03:06 PM   #8
joshb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisc52 View Post
Hey Josh if you get a chance maybe we can talk
I'm listening

Old 04-25-2018, 12:16 AM   #9
tlmoon
This seems like an informal agreement - you did Aaron a favor and he hasn't reciprocated as he should have. Kind of a jerk move by him to ignore you later, but unless you had some kind of formal arrangement I'm not sure there is much you can do. Other than decline to help him out next time he is in a bind.

Old 04-25-2018, 12:40 AM   #10
joshb
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoon View Post
This seems like an informal agreement - you did Aaron a favor and he hasn't reciprocated as he should have. Kind of a jerk move by him to ignore you later, but unless you had some kind of formal arrangement I'm not sure there is much you can do. Other than decline to help him out next time he is in a bind.
Oh I realize. Just thought others in the community would appreciate knowing that someone like this exists among us

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!