Me or the snakes - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

Old 01-15-2007, 09:22 PM   #11
Griz
I guess I will be the voice of some dissent. I don't know your situation but what I do know is that there are things in life worth giving up for someone you love. If my wife truly wanted me to give up my boa's and her rationale was legit, then it would take me only a few days to get rid of them.

You have to decide what is more important to you. That's the bottom line. Before I got married I was planning on going into law enforcement with the eventual goal of being on our local SWAT. My wife told me that she would not marry me if I was knocking doors down for a living. I thought it through and even though my heart, even to this day, wants to be the guy on the front line, I don't doubt that I made the right decision. It was worth giving up and her reasoning was legit.

You just have to weigh the options and decide what you love more. I would give up the world to have a wife who loves me the way my wife does. I am a very fortunate man but it still came down to making a choice. I made the right one. I only hope you did too.

Griz

Old 01-15-2007, 10:26 PM   #12
catawhat
Griz, while I understand your point and think it CAN be valid, in this case it isn't so. This is not the only issue he has and while I don't expect him to love my snakes, to be demeaning/verbally abusive is not something I can tolerate. As I said before, the snakes are just a symptom of larger issues and there were several. There were somethings he did that I tried my hardest to help him overcome but he can't or wont and there are things I will not have my daughter subjected to. I love him with all my heart, but I am sure you know that love cannot always conquer all. Not to mention the jealousy issues. He is a good man, but without trust how can you have a relationship. I am not the same person as his ex and no matter how hard I tried, he thinks I will do the same as she did. Aww heck, I really dont want to go into all this- just leave it as love is not always enough.
I lived with my ex husband for years who had the same issue, so I didn't have snakes and kept other animals to a minimum. I always wanted to do rescue and I couldn't before. It is a part of my personality and if that means I loose out on the relationship then so be it. I will not change myself for someone else.

Old 01-16-2007, 05:03 AM   #13
DAND
I have heard this at least once at every show I vend, "My wife/husband would kill me if I brought another animal home".

My response is, "you can always get another wife/husband".

Old 01-16-2007, 10:15 AM   #14
barbie69
I think you made the wise choice and your animals will continue to love you unconditionally!! Good luck and BE HAPPY!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!