Do you share your space or not? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

Old 07-09-2011, 01:53 PM   #1
Lucille
Do you share your space or not?

Here's an interesting article about togetherness:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...-rss&FEEDNAME=

Old 07-18-2011, 02:53 AM   #2
Helenthereef
Actually it sounds great to me.... and I did know a couple (actually IN war-divided Berlin funnily enough) who had a large apartment where they shared kitchen and living room, but each had their own study, bathroom and bedroom at opposite ends of the apartment. They did visit, but only by invitation.

I think it's one of the best arrangements I've heard of - I'd be doing it if I had an income that allowed it. My compromise is that we both travel a lot for work, so often there's only one of us at home. Everyone gets to do their own thing and we're (usually) pleased to see each other....

Old 07-18-2011, 02:54 AM   #3
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
IN war-divided Berlin
Meant "WALL-divided" - can't find an edit button....

Old 07-18-2011, 07:06 AM   #4
Lucille
I have a friend who decided to become a life partner with a university professor. He had a nice traditional home, she had an inner city re-do that was once a store, the first floor was for her art projects and she lived on the second while refurbishing it herself. They have retained their own homes throughout the relationship which has lasted for decades.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:09 AM   #5
Helenthereef
Sounds good to me. Personally I find it hard to have someone else in my space all the time - probably others feel that way but it's not very acceptable to say it....

Old 08-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #6
Krazykracka
Sounds perfect to me, i hate sharing my space!

Old 08-19-2011, 10:44 AM   #7
deborahbroadus
I shared my space, and he shared his... but then we actually enjoyed being with and around each other.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:29 AM   #8
kiss1069
a couple thats friends with my mom have and still live together and i believe theyre going on 40 yrs marriage...but he stays in the back side of the house and she stays in the front but are happy and never have any problems...unfortunately when youre around someome all the time it gets old or some things just start to bother you and sometimes you just dont want to deal with it but keep in mind that you will do things that also bother your s.o.

Old 12-16-2014, 01:20 AM   #9
Toney
I think it's one of the best arrangements I've heard of - I'd be doing it if I had an income that allowed it. My compromise is that we both travel a lot for work, so often there's only one of us at home. Everyone gets to do their own thing and we're (usually) pleased to see each other....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!