Jeff Jones drymarchonsnakes.com - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-03-2008, 10:01 PM   #11
Mary-Beth is KoRny
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaangela
good catch. I missed that, but you can see that the check was cashed 5-17-07.
I'm a cashier at the moment. I see a check and I check the date.
Do you know that the check was cashed? Could it be that it was only processed?

Has anyone else here ever written a check with a date that was two years out of date by accident? I'm a cashier and I haven't seen it yet.

I'm sorry, but something doesn't seem right to me.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:38 PM   #12
BryonsBoas
Judging by the printing on the back of the check,I'd say it was cashed. Looks to have been run through a bank in Peoria IL.

Old 02-04-2008, 01:21 AM   #13
ravensgait
Seems funny to me that she blanked out her last name on the Check.. Randy

Old 02-05-2008, 12:34 AM   #14
heart4herps

Old 02-05-2008, 01:03 AM   #15
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Beth is KoRny
I'm a cashier at the moment. I see a check and I check the date.
Do you know that the check was cashed? Could it be that it was only processed?

Has anyone else here ever written a check with a date that was two years out of date by accident? I'm a cashier and I haven't seen it yet.

I'm sorry, but something doesn't seem right to me.
I've seen checks mis-dated many times. I've seen different numerals written in the numeric area than what was written out in long hand (btw, do you know which one the bank will use if there is such a discrepancy?).

It does seem obvious that the check was cashed or deposited in 2007. What is wrong is that a bank accepted what appeared to be a stale dated check. The cashing institution should have refused it, and the bank from which it was drawn should have returned it.

None of this has any bearing on this situation as the seller received the money in 2007 and the dates are completely consistent with the OP's claims.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:12 AM   #16
Jim O
And before anyone starts questioning the location, from his site at http://drymarchonsnakes.com/Contact_...ion_Sales.html:
Attached Images

Old 02-10-2008, 10:55 AM   #17
Lee Watson
I know Jeff personally and have done business with him many times. He is quite often a vendor at my show. I have never had a problem arise. Jeff has always been upstanding in all his dealings with me and others.
The only thing I can figure is that Jeff is short of cash. I would believe and bet that he will make it right with you shortly. He is a good guy and will prove it to you.
Lee Watson www.allanimalexpo.com

Old 02-10-2008, 11:40 AM   #18
heart4herps
That will be awesome. I understand cash flow problems as I had them during my dealing with Jeff and he graciously allowed me more time to pay. If he had indicated this at any time, I would have understood. The problem began when he wouldn't respond to my emails. I look forward to hearing from him and getting this resolved.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:32 AM   #19
amber_mali
riped by jeff also

i also was scammed by Jeff. i have also known him personally for a few years, and done business with him before.
on February 27Th, at the Peoria convention center i traded him 2 large red tail boas, a female amerelli and a male Peruvian. he gave me 6 CB Argentine boas that he himself hatched,and $150.00. once i got home and examined the baby Argentines i found each one to have 2-3 deformities. i didn't look earlier because i know Jeff and had no reason to suspect him of a fraudulent deal.
i then contacted Jeff about this,by phone, he agreed to take back the 6 Argentines and the $150.00,knowing they were deformed to begin with, and would then return my 2 rtb`s. this was to take place at the February 2ND chicago show. he never showed up.
I then contacted Jeff by phone, he had an excuse for not showing up. i gave him the benefit of the doubt, and we agreed to do our exchange at the Peoria swap meet on February 10Th.
On february 10th,I returned Jeff`s money and the 6 deformed hatchling Argentines, only to be told that he changed his mind and was keeping my boas. i wasn't happy, but agreed to take the 550.00 he offered me to make good on our deal.
at the end of the swap he came up and handed me 300.00. telling me the guy Jason who runs the show owed him money and would pay me. being busy at my table, i asked Jeff to get Jason so we could all agree on this payment arrangement. Jeff, in turn, walked rt out the front door. Jason called him and asked him if hes supposed to pay me, Jeff's reply was no.

since then, in the past couple of weeks, i have gotten no reply from Jason or from Jeff at all. both of which i have been personal friends with for a few years now. Jason closer than Jeff, but i never suspected this from either one. Jeff also ran to the Peoria police dept. and filed a police report against me, saying i threatened him etc. beating me to being able to put one on him for the theft of my snakes, getting him temporarily out of the spotlight in this, making me appear the bad guy here. but when no arrests are made,that leaves him open to a complaint on him as well. not good on a medical nurses resume,or if hes at these local swaps trying to sell 1000.00 snakes
to people who know he has been ripping people off. he`ll lose more in sales and reputation by doing this kind of business with us. as we see on here, word of mouth is a good and bad thing, especially locally.
i find it ironic that at the same time and day that lee was vouching for him here, he was ripping me off in Peoria. what a disappointment that has to be to lee. lee`s an honest man, who has a word of gold in the reptile world in Illinois, and much farther.

heart4herps, if you would like to get together on this, i am game. we will get allot more accomplished legally, if it comes to that, if we work together. 2 counts of a crime is always easier to prove, and we have a better chance of winning. feel free to e mail me. like yourself i know the meaning of needing the money. Jeff on the other hand, makes 6 figures a year at work alone, and doesn`t need our money. i don't know what his reasoning is in this,or his motivation, but i do know of a couple of sulcata deals also where he intentionally mailed out the wrong sex`s also.
if anyone out there was 1 of these customers of his, i`d be interested in hearing from you as well. i have already heard him brag about it last summer...Arizona i believe he shipped that deal to.....if that sounds like you please reply.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:04 PM   #20
knittykat
After reading through this thread (and seeing that it is fairly recent), has Jeff been notified of it? I'm a little curious about his response, especially since there are two positive threads on him within the last year.

Regards,
N Nelson
Blue Cat Cornsnakes

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!