Proceed With Caution Dealing With lauriefl5 (AKA: Matt Goldman Reptiles or MGR) - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-28-2005, 01:44 AM   #31
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki Herp
Just wanted to inform everyone that our good friend Greg down in Sunshine FL talked to Matt Goldman, and got us back all our money. We really appreciate all he did for us. And will be really careful of who we deal with in the future.

Thanks again Greg!

Michael Davenport
Loki Herpetology
That is GREAT NEWS!

Maybe you can repay the favor to Greg by letting him know a scammer by the name of Jason Campbell is using the same company name as East Coast Reptiles.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=44373
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...94&page=1&pp=5

Old 05-28-2005, 08:10 PM   #32
kenfosterpb
Thumbs down Watch out for Matt Goldman

I would echo the warning about doing business with Matt. A few months ago I attempted to trade a young albino male and a pastel for an adult proven het piebald female. After spending more than an hour with him I was also impressed with his knowledge and references. He alleged that he played baseball at Florida State and was a professional baseball player currently playing for San Diego on their farm team in Macon, Georgia. He even said he even pitched the ball that Barry Bonds hit for the record-breaking homerun. He also indicated that he had recently sold a spider to Ben Seigel and done business with Hermin Soler, both of whom I had done business with shortly before. Although I was skeptical of both of the adult females I could choose from, neither demonstrated het markers, I felt comfortable doing business with him for some crazy reason. I made the trade and he left my office with my albino and pastel to drive back to his home near Miami.

As I walked him to his car in my parking lot and after seeing his old and trashed mustang, I started feeling a uncomfortable with the deal. I immediately called Ben and other references he provided and none even knew him. I checked online for connection with FSU and San Diego and discovered that his baseball story was also completely fabricated. He did not pitch to Bonds and the Braves farm team plays in Macon, not the Padres.

I immediately called his cell number and told him what I had uncovered and demanded the return of my reptiles. I indicated that I had digital surveillance of him in my office and his vehicle, including his tag number. He knew my influence in Palm Beach County and with the threat of having him stopped on I-95 before he could make it back to Miami, he agreed to return my animals. It took two more calls and more than an hour before he returned, although he said he would be back in fifteen minutes. Upon returning my reptiles he said’ “no hard feelings”.

I did not intend to post on this guy until I saw this other post tonight. I did warn a few South Florida breeders about Matt, now everyone else can be warned. Check out his references and consider any business you do with him carefully.

Ken Foster

Old 05-29-2005, 08:49 PM   #33
Loki Herp
Im sorry so many people have to get scammed before we actually get names out there! It seems as though he is very intimidated by law enforcement and anything else that may get him into deep doo doo. We were so close to sending him a certified letter, but fortunately for his own good, he returned our money to Greg, who is amazing! Please please please beware of this guy. He's bad news. He also told us the story about Baseball and how he owned a club called "Arubas". We called them to get in touch with Matt Goldman and no one had ever heard of him. However, his real name is Ryan, so they may never have had any idea that he was who he says he is on forums here, etc...

Anyways, glad to see you got your animals back and we got our money. Please no one else make this mistake! We've learned twice the hard way and will from now on be very strict as to who we purchase from in the future.

Thanks again all!
Michael Davenport
Loki Herpetology

Old 05-31-2005, 08:12 PM   #34
MGReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSage
Since this thread has resurfaced, I think it is worth pointing out that these complaints and concerns are regarding Matt Goldman of MGR, and NOT Matt Graybeal of MGreptiles.com

I realize this is probably a no-brainer for many people viewing this thread, but since the names are so similar I thought it wouldn't hurt to point it out to anyone unfamiliar with either party. (I'll admit that when I first saw this thread my thought was, "what the ...")
Thanks Paul I appricate that, I have already had one gentle giving me altimatems do this or else you have bad feedback..lol...
-Matt GRAYBEAL

Old 05-31-2005, 08:57 PM   #35
kenfosterpb
I concur Paul, Matt GRAYBEAL has been a pleasure to do business with.
Ken Foster

Old 05-31-2005, 09:35 PM   #36
MGReptiles
Well I didnt post soon enough, just had this guy file a paypal complaint againt me because his order has not arrived yet.. He thought i was him..lol Good golly...

Old 07-07-2005, 04:00 PM   #37
SVT Snake
My name is Derek Jones. I am the guy that Matt referenced to LizardsofOz (red9r@cox.net). I purchased Three Snakes from Matt in November 04, 1 Male Het Albino, 1 Male Het Pied, 1 Female Het Pied. They were shipped via UPS in 40* weather with no heat packs or documentation. Fortunately they all survived shipping but they all seemed skinny and sick. The female het pied was extremly skinny, would not eat, and only a brown gel like fluid came out when she tried to go to the bathroom. I took her to the vet but she still died, around the 1st of January 05. Matt promised to replace her and send the documentation but I have yet to recieve anything to this day. He has also stopped answering or returning my phone calls. I would be extremly careful when dealing with Matt.

Derek Jones

Old 07-07-2005, 04:57 PM   #38
pch101
"before you start bashing me i think i will give a person i just sold a snake to you should ask them how things went.........red9r@cox.net his name is derck.......i would like you to talk with him before you start with words or this will become a losing battle for you" Matt Goldman

"My name is Derek Jones. I am the guy that Matt referenced to LizardsofOz (red9r@cox.net). I purchased Three Snakes from Matt in November 04, 1 Male Het Albino, 1 Male Het Pied, 1 Female Het Pied. They were shipped via UPS in 40* weather with no heat packs or documentation. Fortunately they all survived shipping but they all seemed skinny and sick. The female het pied was extremly skinny, would not eat, and only a brown gel like fluid came out when she tried to go to the bathroom. I took her to the vet but she still died, around the 1st of January 05. Matt promised to replace her and send the documentation but I have yet to recieve anything to this day. He has also stopped answering or returning my phone calls. I would be extremly careful when dealing with Matt." Derek Jones

Well Matt, what do you have to say for yourself now? It seems your star witness is not turning out to be as good for you as you may have anticipated. May we now comense with the bashing of you or do you have another character witness that you would like to show us?.

Old 07-07-2005, 09:08 PM   #39
SVT Snake
I really wanted to stay off of the boards with all of this but Matt has left me no choice. He obviously doesn't plan to fix the situation. If he proves me wrong I have no problem to publicly admitting I was wrong about him.

In the meantime, does anyone know of a way to reach him. I refuse to just let it go!

Old 07-07-2005, 10:24 PM   #40
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT Snake
I really wanted to stay off of the boards with all of this but Matt has left me no choice. He obviously doesn't plan to fix the situation. If he proves me wrong I have no problem to publicly admitting I was wrong about him.

In the meantime, does anyone know of a way to reach him. I refuse to just let it go!
You could ask Michael for help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki Herp
Just wanted to inform everyone that our good friend Greg down in Sunshine FL talked to Matt Goldman, and got us back all our money. We really appreciate all he did for us. And will be really careful of who we deal with in the future.

Thanks again Greg!

Michael Davenport
Loki Herpetology

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!