Proceed With Caution Dealing With lauriefl5 (AKA: Matt Goldman Reptiles or MGR) - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-08-2005, 09:05 AM   #41
devenomized
Once you get an address for this individual, you need to contact the local police department. Do NOT mention "internet sale" or they will simply tell you that you have to go through IFCC to resolve this issue. Trust me, you do not want to file the crappy complaint because you will never get an answer. Although the FBI normally handles internet related fraud claims, they will not handle claims under $2500.00.

Unfortunately, with recent events in London, I really doubt the FBI will make this a priority. Your best solution is to contact the local police or go in person with a baseball bat

Old 07-08-2005, 09:19 AM   #42
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by devenomized
Your best solution is to contact the local police or go in person with a baseball bat
Christian, even if you are joking (which I will give you the benefit of the doubt this time) that is a dumbass thing to to say.

And your advice is wrong. If you have a complaint to file you have to go through your local police first. They will take a report and forward the info to the proper authorities elsewhere.

But then why should I even be surprised?

Old 07-08-2005, 01:01 PM   #43
devenomized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
Christian, even if you are joking (which I will give you the benefit of the doubt this time) that is a dumbass thing to to say.

And your advice is wrong. If you have a complaint to file you have to go through your local police first. They will take a report and forward the info to the proper authorities elsewhere.

But then why should I even be surprised?
I was kidding about the "baseball bat". That's why there was a "smily" face ( ) Anyway, I had a similar situation and that's why I said that.

I went to my local police and once they found out it was online fraud, they told me they do not deal with that. I had to file an IFCC report. I filed the report and there was no update for 2 weeks. Ebay/Paypal..nothing like that was involved in my situation otherwise, i could have taken advantage of Paypal's Buyer protection policy.

the last thing i did was contact the local police department in Niles, OH and told them I gave a resident of Niles and money order for X amount and this individual took the money. They resolved the problem.

my .02

Old 08-18-2005, 08:00 PM   #44
The BoidSmith
Any news?

Quote:
My name is Derek Jones. I am the guy that Matt referenced to LizardsofOz (red9r@cox.net). I purchased Three Snakes from Matt in November 04, 1 Male Het Albino, 1 Male Het Pied, 1 Female Het Pied. They were shipped via UPS in 40* weather with no heat packs or documentation. Fortunately they all survived shipping but they all seemed skinny and sick. The female het pied was extremly skinny, would not eat, and only a brown gel like fluid came out when she tried to go to the bathroom. I took her to the vet but she still died, around the 1st of January 05. Matt promised to replace her and send the documentation but I have yet to recieve anything to this day. He has also stopped answering or returning my phone calls. I would be extremly careful when dealing with Matt.

Derek Jones
Derek,

Did you ever hear back from Matt and/or your replacement snake?

Thanks,

Dan

Old 08-18-2005, 08:26 PM   #45
The BoidSmith
Does anyone have an e-mail from Matt Goldman that shows the I.P. number for his computer?

Thanks.

Old 08-18-2005, 11:33 PM   #46
jlexotics
No he doesn't have his replacement snake....Derek will be posting shortly (tomorrow?).

Old 08-18-2005, 11:50 PM   #47
The BoidSmith
Well, let's hope those heteros come with all the proper documentation.

Thanks.

Old 08-18-2005, 11:55 PM   #48
jlexotics
Pick up your phone and call me (954) 691-5489....is it that hard to get you to call>?

Old 08-18-2005, 11:55 PM   #49
jlexotics
Maybe IM me on AOL IM at BluTeguz ???

Old 08-19-2005, 12:14 AM   #50
The BoidSmith
John,

Over the years I have talked over the phone with several members of this site. There are certain things though that I'd rather have them in writing. Phone calls are he said, she said, we both know it.

Regards.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!