First Babies From Mack Snow Pastel x Mack Snow Pastel! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-25-2007, 05:49 PM   #1
420Geckos
First Babies From Mack Snow Pastel x Mack Snow Pastel!

These hatched about a week ago... They're from Mack Snow Pastel het Blizzard 50% het Bell x Mack Snow Pastel het Blizzard 50% het Bell.

Mack Pastel @ one day old...

... @ one week old...

Mack Snow Pastel @ one day old...

... @ one week old...

As you can see, regular Mack Pastels hatch out very yellow... After a couple sheds they start their brown/green phase... At a couple of months the bright yellow returns and eventually fades to a pastel yellow between 4-6 months.

My Mack Snow Pastels usually take a few weeks before showing any color, but this one is showing in just one week! Last years MSPs all showed bright yellow before developing their faded yellow/green color, but this one seems to be skipping that step... Note the light head color coming through as well.

This season is going to be very fun!

Old 05-25-2007, 09:37 PM   #2
ssscales
Congrats, it's amazing how they develop as they age. I can't wait to see what these will look like after 6-8MO...

Old 05-25-2007, 09:53 PM   #3
420Geckos
Thanks a lot Gerry! They will look way different in 6-8 months! I was hoping the Mack Snow Pastel wouldn't have the spots, but they're to be expected when working with Blizzard genes...

Old 05-25-2007, 11:31 PM   #4
groovygeckos
Cool geckos, Michael. Congrats!

Are you sure that Mack is`nt just a Snow, though? Just saying because it looks pretty white, and alot of Snows gain some yellow at around this age.

Old 05-26-2007, 01:12 PM   #5
420Geckos
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovygeckos
Cool geckos, Michael. Congrats!

Are you sure that Mack is`nt just a Snow, though? Just saying because it looks pretty white, and alot of Snows gain some yellow at around this age.
Thanks Dan!

I suppose it could be, but both parents are Mack Snow Pastels so all of their offspring should be Mack Pastels. Last year I hatched just about 50% MPs from MSP x WT which lead me to believe Alex Hue's findings that MPs are dominant. So theoretically MP x MP = 100% MP. This morph is really confusing and I won't know that they're truly MPs until they're showing their adult coloration. Hence the reason I don't usually call my geckos showing all the traits MPs, but in this case they should be MPs for certain...

Old 05-27-2007, 11:43 AM   #6
ms_ramie22
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Mack Snow x Mack Snow can produce some Mack Snows, some Mack Super Snows and some just normal babies. The baby is question looks like a normal to me....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!