Trap/Hide Boxes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-03-2012, 01:39 AM   #1
pomegranatesunshine
Trap/Hide Boxes

Does anyone know a good website that sells quality trap boxes? I've been searching online and on various sites but cannot find anywhere. Thanks.

Old 10-03-2012, 02:17 AM   #2
hhmoore
Unfortunately, the company I that made (what I felt were) good ones is no longer in business.
There is another cage manufacturer that makes them; but, frankly, I was disappointed when I examined them and opted not to buy them. Since I'm not recommending them, I'm not posting the name. I'll be interested to see if there are good trap boxes being offered someplace.
PM sent.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:53 PM   #3
pomegranatesunshine
I ended up building my own hide box. So instead of just starting a new thread I figured I might as well just post on here.

It wasn't too hard, The front is plexiglass and I just set up a few hinges and a nifty slide lock. Let me know what you think!

Old 10-31-2012, 12:54 PM   #4
pomegranatesunshine
did not mean to post pictures that big...

Old 10-31-2012, 02:17 PM   #5
Fangthane
That's a pretty big opening to have to manipulate when you want to close it. I might have opted for something smaller and simpler.

Here's just a rough idea, likely in need of a lot of refining. You'll have to forgive my diagram, I'm definitely no graphic artist. As far as making the track for the door, I'm thinking that something like the pictured Z bracket would work fairly well.
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2012, 02:22 PM   #6
Pythonbreeder99
Looks like Boamaster makes them, heres the link. http://boamaster.com/products/trapbox-57-1.html

Old 10-31-2012, 10:54 PM   #7
pomegranatesunshine
Dan, I like the idea, and as you are not a graphic designer, I am not a pro at building anything, even this small! But yeah the vertical opening was the most convenient way for me to build it to be honest. With the hook, the door will shut easily and allow me to lock it but I think I may try to make a few more, maybe even like your design. I may PM in a few weeks and get a few more details about your idea.

Cody, I have seen Boamasters and a couple other places, preciate it though!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!