Info tkmeyers (troy meyers) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-07-2009, 02:34 PM   #1
htraxx2
tkmeyers (troy meyers)

troy posted an ad on fauna classifieds to sell baby beardies,he was checking interest before he incubated the eggs. he posted a price of $7 each for the whole clutch or i think it was $10 each for groups of 10. i emailed him about the whole clutch,and he replied that i had first dibs since i was the first to email him. so i told him i would take all of them. he posted pics of his female laying eggs , then posted that there were 22 eggs. i emailed him a couple of time to see if he needed a deposit on the clutch,no replies. then i got a reply that he hadnt commited to any one yet because he had higher offers. i then replied that the ad stated a price and that i didnt see where he was taking offers. his stance is that because he has higher offers that i still have first dibs,but at whatever the highest offer is($20 at the last email). he removed the ad shortly after he posted the final count. not sure if this makes him a bad guy but definately not good business. here are the emails i deleted my original email but the rest follows.

hi troy just saw the pics ,do you need me to send you a deposit on the whole clutch? thanks jim
----- Original Message -----
To: jim
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 7:19 AM
Subject: Re: babies

The first clutch will be sometime in may. I don't know the box dimensions off hand.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Troy Meyers <tkmeyers1@sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 9:28:56 PM

ok,when do you expect the first clutch to be ready? its not that important but pro exotics has a new shipping program starting soon that will be a fairly good savings.and what size box would you guess that would be needed for a clutch
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 5:55 PM

You were the first to reply, so you get first dibs. I ship UPS. my area code is 60560, so you can estimate the shipping cost.
Thanks,
Troy Meyers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: tkmeyers1@sbcglobal.net
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 4:07:40 PM
Subject: babies

i would be interested in the clutches ,let me know what kind of arrangements and shipping to hamilton ohio 45015

hi troy,do you need a deposit for the beardie babies?
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 7:20 AM

I will keep you posted.

hi troy,i have sent a couple of emails and havent heard anything back,is this deal still on ? thanks
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 7:20 AM

I will keep you posted.

I have not committed to anyone yet. I will keep everyone posted that has expressed interest. When the eggs hatch I will then ask for a deposit from whoever I decide to sell to. I have had several offers for a higher price. I don't want a bidding war so I think I will just ask everyone involved in order if they are willing to pay that price, if not I will sell them to the person that offered me the most. Simple supply and demand. The highest bid was $20 each for the whole clutch. The eggs all look good. I will keep you posted. I will not make any commitment until they hatch.

Thanks,
Troy

Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2009 6:07:02 PM

hi troy just saw the pics ,do you need me to send you a deposit on the whole clutch? thanks jim

thanks for the reply,but the ad i replied to had a price of $7.00 each for the whole clutch.and the email i recieved from you said i had first dibs since i was the first to email you? so by that exchange i saw nothing that you were taking offers? thanks
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2009 3:18 PM

I have not committed to anyone yet. I will keep everyone posted that has expressed interest. When the eggs hatch I will then ask for a deposit from whoever I decide to sell to. I have had several offers for a higher price. I don't want a bidding war so I think I will just ask everyone involved in order if they are willing to pay that price, if not I will sell them to the person that offered me the most. Simple supply and demand. The highest bid was $20 each for the whole clutch. The eggs all look good. I will keep you posted. I will not make any commitment until they hatch.

Thanks,
Troy

I was not taking offers, however people made them. If you are willing to match that offer at the time of sale you still have first dibs.

I hope that clears things up.

Troy

Sent: Friday, March 6, 2009 3:33:54 PM

thanks for the reply,but the ad i replied to had a price of $7.00 each for the whole clutch.and the email i recieved from you said i had first dibs since i was the first to email you? so by that exchange i saw nothing that you were taking offers? thanks

sorry some of the emails are doubles but i left them to show where they were coming from

jim bright

Old 03-07-2009, 02:46 PM   #2
htraxx2
tkmeyers

i have sent troy a link to this post

Old 05-14-2009, 08:19 PM   #3
tkmeyers
I am sorry that everyone involved took this so personally. This is just a hobby of mine so I don't do this on a daily basis. I tried to honor the list but in the end it was just too time consuming. I spent the better part of a week communicating with someone that was at the top of the list only for them not to make the purchase. I do not have that kind of time on my hands. That was when I decided to post a new ad.

The original responses helped me with my price point. I think that I still sold them for a very good price.

I would like to remind everyone that I never took any money from anyone for deposits. Until money is transferred there is no sale.

If I offended anyone I am sorry. I learned that I need to choose my words more carefully when I place an ad. I wont make that mistake again.

I hope this issue is resolved and I look forward to doing more business on Fauna.

Take care,
Troy

Old 05-16-2009, 04:48 PM   #4
TriangleReptiles
Looks like your word can be bought and sold pretty cheaply. In business and life...character counts.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!