Inquiry Snakes at Sunset - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-27-2016, 02:03 PM   #71
leftycrane
Im curious about the email regarding the whole clutch being kinked. Kinda seems like a big deal. If Mike is now saying the entire clutch is kinked, Im sorry, but how do you know notice that earlier? If this is not correct, and it was just hers, where is the disconnect?

Old 01-27-2016, 02:08 PM   #72
Fangthane
Some of you seem awfully hung up on the fact that her daughter isn't the one who brought this situation here - pointlessly, I believe. Both a moderator and the site's owner have posted in this thread, neither having expressed any apparent issue with just who happens to be here telling the story. If it's your opinion that it's her daughter's place to be doing the posting, fine, I think it's been made clear by now. If you're saying that that's an absolute must posting on the BOI and having the situation taken seriously, you're definitely not speaking for me - nor would it seem that you're speaking for the BOI itself. This isn't a situation where someone who's not directly involved is choosing to pass on second-hand information. We're getting it from a direct participant who apparently had some breeding stake in the animal, which also makes it her issue.

Yeah, the seller now seems to be taking care of the situation. Of course, some may find it noteworthy that it took the situation making it's way to the BOI for that to happen. I personally don't really care who's posting what; I like all the information possible. I'd like to see the emails that were sent and never replied to, as well as those replies that were supposedly rude or unprofessional. Screenshots would be much better than this copy/paste stuff we're getting. A satisfactory resolution doesn't negate any BS it may have taken to finally get there. I'd like to see just what it took.

I gotta say that not noticing a whole kinked clutch - as well as an obvious kink in an animal that someone had to physically handle while photographing for the "stock photo" as well as packaging after sale - doesn't speak too highly of the attention to detail of this company and any employees it may have. Neither does letting this situation fall through the cracks in the first place. One might even go so far as to wonder if a convicted smuggler can ever truly care enough about animals to see them as more than just something to get cashed in - any considerations like legalities or deformities be damned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauBoi View Post
I happen to know for a fact, that people who come across as problem buyers all to often endup on no-sale lists, and many sellers will interpret your injecting yourself into a deal between two adults as you being a problem buyer.
It can be a fickle mob, and one can never be too sure just what means what to whom. For example, some may have trouble taking someone very seriously after they chose to interject themselves into an ad simply to call people "haters" for pointing out how a seller may be intentionally exaggerating an animal's genetics. Or, maybe I'm the only one who'd read such an exchange and decide that said interloper isn't someone who can't be counted on for a mature, objective interpretation of any given situation. Fickle, as I'd said.
Quote:
When you started this thread, you said you purchased the snake for your daughter, and we went with that.
Two things: 1) She didn't start this thread. 2) I'm not seeing where she claims to have bought the snake for her daughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltGunn View Post
Hopefully the link works to my photo album, this is the Pastave we purchased from him. There's a long story to go with this Pastave, My daughter & I purchased it from Mike. Please tell me what you see wrong with it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille
If you 'have' her post, I would suspect that you would badger her into WHAT to post.
Gotta ove how you skipped over the part where she provided what you'd asked for and just jumped on one meaningless snippet.

Old 01-27-2016, 02:54 PM   #73
Snakesatsunset
Dan, if you look at the dates of the emails, this situation was being handled by us the exact way as it was posted here BEFORE her original post. We did not handle it any different because it is now here.
The whole clutch had mild kinking, like tail nub, or when you run your hand on the body you can feel an abnormality, though not visible. We did this AFTER she notified us her snake had a kink.
Her Mom is confused , she not reading her own daughters emails correctly. Her daughter asked for discount herself, after the email from us IMMEDIATELY OFFERING a return label. We asked her what kind of discount did she want? She said 50% . We agreed, but just never applied it on our back-end. We let her keep the snake, as she said she would provide it with a good home, for 100% refund cost of snake due to our error.
It is not the norm for our company to miss things like this both paperwork wise, nor physically missing a deformity.

Old 01-27-2016, 03:02 PM   #74
Snakesatsunset
@ Megan - we inspected the whole clutch to see if it was an isolated kink on one animal once the customer notified us of an issue. We then inspected them beyond thoroughly so that no other customer had same issue. All 5-6 snakes were given away as pets, some to teachers, some to just kids that wanted a snake. All snakes fed, shed, and defecated normally. The tail tip on a couple was slightly nub like caramel albino ball pythons, and 2 others had an indentation if you ran your fingers along the spine... NONE you could visually see without extreme close examination. The one customer recieved posed great for pics, but did not stretch out, nor crawl around, just remained coiled up, and every three seconds would hide its head. If it had crawled around, struck, moved through our fingers instead of just coiling up in the direction of the kink, we might have noticed

Old 01-27-2016, 03:30 PM   #75
BeauBoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post

It can be a fickle mob, and one can never be too sure just what means what to whom. For example, some may have trouble taking someone very seriously after they chose to interject themselves into an ad simply to call people "haters" for pointing out how a seller may be intentionally exaggerating an animal's genetics. Or, maybe I'm the only one who'd read such an exchange and decide that said interloper isn't someone who can't be counted on for a mature, objective interpretation of any given situation. Fickle, as I'd said.
Funny that you bring up maturity. You make a not--so-veiled reference to a disagreement we had on a completely unrelated thread (which you refused to reply to when I pointed out that the fact that if his morphs ARE sex-linked, then they are NOT like yours).....SO glad your "not a hater".
~Beau

Old 01-27-2016, 03:39 PM   #76
BeauBoi
@Fangthane

Also, she didn't say, "have" her daughter post, as in she was in possession of the post and provided it! She said that she would "have" her daughter post, as in she would have her daughter post it at a later date. Pay attention.
~Beau

Old 01-27-2016, 03:42 PM   #77
leftycrane
Thank you for clarifying Mike. That sounds like a reasonable and likely occurrence to me. How very kind and generous of you to give them away as pets. Especially to teachers! I loved having a snake in my classroom a few years ago.

Old 01-27-2016, 03:51 PM   #78
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesatsunset View Post
Dan, if you look at the dates of the emails, this situation was being handled by us the exact way as it was posted here BEFORE her original post. We did not handle it any different because it is now here.
There's a world of difference between something "being handled" and something finally being resolved.

Quote:
You make a not--so-veiled reference to a disagreement we had on a completely unrelated thread (which you refused to reply to when I pointed out that the fact that if his morphs ARE sex-linked, then they are NOT like yours).....SO glad your "not a hater".
You seem to be implying that I was involved. What did I "refuse" to reply to? Not like mine? My what? I didn't participate in that ad, so we didn't have any disagreement about anything that may or may not have been like "mine". But by all means, don't let the facts get in the way of an emotional, knee-jerk reaction. Thanks for so clearly illustrating my point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauBoi
Also, she didn't say, "have" her daughter post, as in she was in possession of the post and provided it! She said that she would "have" her daughter post, as in she would have her daughter post it at a later date. Pay attention.
Not sure what point you thought you were making there. I'm very well aware of what she meant. You trying to reprimand me for perceived lack of attention is pretty funny, though. Were someone paying attention to the thread, they may have seen this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille
Please post the email showing he said that. If true, that would certainly be an issue that should be brought here, but I'd like to see proof please.
After the information was supplied, Lucille chose to simply latch on to a trivial comment that had no bearing on anything, instead of addressing what she'd asked for. It was a very petty move that would accomplish nothing more than preemptively questioning credibility when I don't feel there's any contextual clues to support a lack of credibility. Do try to keep up with what's actually going on, please.

Old 01-27-2016, 03:57 PM   #79
BeauBoi
I see why others ignore you. I think I will too. Go play by yourself.
~Beau

Old 01-27-2016, 04:01 PM   #80
bcr229
CeltGunn would it be possible to attach the picture of the pastave, that shows the kink? Also how long after it arrived did you notice the kink?

Some kinks are obvious immediately, and may be severe enough that euthanizing the snake is the only humane outcome. Others do take a while to show up. I have an 18 month old BRB I produced that has a very mild neck kink - it's so mild I didn't know about it for several months, and even today it's not obvious unless pointed out. Because there were 23 other perfect babies in that litter I doubt it's a genetic issue, but I would never sell that snake as a breeder.

Similarly I wouldn't consider even a mildly kinked ball python to be breeder-quality, there are so many perfect critters on the market that there's no need to produce offspring from imperfect ones.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!