Inquiry Snakes at Sunset - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-28-2016, 09:16 AM   #101
juliasara
Quote:
Originally Posted by zovick View Post
Yes, I understood that those were very likely the SAS photos which advertised the snake they bought from the web site. I just happen to believe that they received that EXACT same snake since SAS did not dispute that statement in any of its posts or the emails we have seen, in which case, requesting another photo of the same thing seems rather superfluous.
How can one be sure they in fact did receive the same snake as the photo from the website if none of us have seen a picture of the snake Cheyenne received?

Old 01-28-2016, 09:32 AM   #102
zovick
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliasara View Post
How can one be sure they in fact did receive the same snake as the photo from the website if none of us have seen a picture of the snake Cheyenne received?
How about because that is what they said when they posted the pictures and it was not denied or questioned either in the actual posts by SAS or in the emails that were shown from both parties?

Furthermore, SAS themselves said that all the snakes from that clutch were kinked, so it would really seem to be a moot point as to which one of the kinked snakes they received if you think about it. If the seller is not denying the fact, I simply see no reason to continue to pursue more pix from the buyers just for the sake of making them do something.

If SAS had denied sending the buyers a kinked snake or said that those pix were NOT of the snake they sent to them, it would be a different story, of course, but that didn't happen, so it's a dead issue in my mind.

Old 01-28-2016, 11:06 AM   #103
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
See post #26 for photo from seller's website which I think he said somewhere in this long and tortured thread, was the actual snake sent (I may be wrong on that, I can't bear to go back through 90 posts to find it, but that is my recollection).
I saw that. The picture used for the advertisement doesn't show the kink well, as did other pictures that the buyer sent to the seller when first trying to resolve the issue. Finally one was sent showing it, from post #44:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesatsunset View Post
The first couple pictures she sent it wasn't obvious it had a kink, then she sent a photo where shows a kink. We agree that is has a kink, thats not the issue.
So I was wondering if this was something that should have been noted before the animal was shipped, assuming multiple people on the seller's end would have put eyes and/or hands on it.

Old 01-28-2016, 02:55 PM   #104
JButera
IMO this was a clear case of "maybe they won't notice" type deal.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:15 PM   #105
Bobby Douglass
Quote:
Originally Posted by zovick View Post
How about because that is what they said when they posted the pictures and it was not denied or questioned either in the actual posts by SAS or in the emails that were shown from both parties?

Furthermore, SAS themselves said that all the snakes from that clutch were kinked, so it would really seem to be a moot point as to which one of the kinked snakes they received if you think about it. If the seller is not denying the fact, I simply see no reason to continue to pursue more pix from the buyers just for the sake of making them do something.

If SAS had denied sending the buyers a kinked snake or said that those pix were NOT of the snake they sent to them, it would be a different story, of course, but that didn't happen, so it's a dead issue in my mind.
Some people would still like to see a picture showing the kink better regardless of how relevant you think it is. We've all seen the photo that SAS took.

Old 02-02-2016, 03:44 PM   #106
ElexisC
Have you received your check yet?

Old 02-02-2016, 05:02 PM   #107
morbidangel
I have recently contacted them about a Guyana boa that that they were selling. I asked if they had any females and if they could send pics as I was looking for something specific. They were fast to respond and send me over a picture. I really did like what I saw so I asked if they could quote me shipping. A day later someone got back to me and told me that that snake was no longer available but they did have other females available. So I asked if I could get some photos of the available females. And that was the last I have heard from them. This was a week ago now.

Old 02-02-2016, 06:38 PM   #108
Snakesatsunset
We have a tub marked with your name on it actually. So pic was taken, but may not have been sent or gone through. Ill have someone re-send it.

Old 02-02-2016, 06:51 PM   #109
morbidangel
Thank you for the reply. And the pictures. I will be in touch with you through e mail.

Old 02-08-2016, 06:47 AM   #110
CeltGunn
Have you received your check yet?
Nope, sure haven't seen it yet Elexis. And I had emailed Mike politely, asking about it too. He stated it was put into the mail on the 30th. So...

As for better photos, How much better do y'all want? I'll even take photos of the snake while it sits in my hand if that's what you want. And, the snake has been refusing to eat for a month now. Mike has known this, has informed Cheyenne that during breeding season even the baby snakes will behave this way. But my BEL from Xyz Reptiles doesn't. He gobbles anything put in front of him. Same with the Pied, OG, Normal and Spider I own. Only the Pastave has been refusing food for awhile now.(Mike has known this too. Cheyenne emailed him about it.)

It's unfortunate, she hasn't received her check, this snake is probably going to starve itself to death as well. And, my daughter is going to be bitter about the experience.

Thanks Mike Barrera. You're one Peach of a guy.
~Tina Abrahamson

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!