Inquiry Snakes at Sunset - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:14 AM   #61
Lucille
Mike dropped the ball, admitted it, and made up for it with a full refund, and your daughter is happy with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltGunn View Post
I am waiting for my daughter to send me the conversations between Mike and Cheyenne. I do agree that since she is over 18 she should have dealt with this herself.
She should deal with the issue HERE. It seems that it is resolved to her satisfaction except for the actual receipt of the check. If that does not happen I have no doubt that she will say something.
Yet here you are trying to fan the ashes of dispute into flames again.

Quote:
Mike told me the whole clutch was kinked
Please post the email showing he said that. If true, that would certainly be an issue that should be brought here, but I'd like to see proof please.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:49 AM   #62
CeltGunn
Julia, She works as a painter from 6 am until almost sundown. She's exhausted by the time she comes home. However, I will see if she's willing to make an account just to post the emails herself. Since you seem to think she needs to do so.

Even though I'm the one who brought it to the boards.

Lucille, My issue is that I absolutely detest when a business treats someone like they treated Cheyenne. Disregard the fact that she's my daughter. Imagine her being someone else. I would still expect proper treatment from a business. Now, I will copy & paste where Mike told me that the whole clutch was kinked.

MikeB <albinoturtles@comcast.net> Jan 20 at 10:48 AM
To
Tina Abrahamson
Message body
also, the whole litter had kinks once we looked them over better, which are attributed to incubation temperature spike, not genetic. as previous clutches from same parents where flawless.

To: "MikeB" <albinoturtles@comcast.net>
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2016 11:37:16 AM
Subject: Re: 'celtgunn1970@yahoo.com' submitted the form from your 'Contact Us' page

Mike told my daughter it was just the one Pastave that was kinked. And once her emails are posted about it you folks will see that! I absolutely detest when people treat others in such a manner. And most especially when a business does this!

I understand that supposedly a check is being sent. That's acceptable to Cheyenne at this point. What is NOT Acceptable to Cheyenne Nor to myself, is the way she and I both have been treated by this company. And That is the whole reason behind my posting this issue. I assure you all, Mike still has communications in his email box between him and Cheyenne where he told her on the exact same day as above where he told me the whole clutch was kinked, that he told her only hers was. She was absolutely furious about it and asked me to show her My email with Mike about the whole clutch being kinked.

I know exactly what I saw and heard throughout this whole ordeal.

~Tina Abrahamson

Old 01-27-2016, 10:57 AM   #63
juliasara
I'm just guessing here but is it possible she hasn't come here and posted the emails and spoken about the issue with mike because she is satisfied with the solution? To me it seems like you still have a problem with what has transpired but she doesn't. The emails mike posted show that she said she was satisfied with the proposed solution. If that's not true and she isn't satisfied she should let Mike know that as well as come here and post. You continuing to post here might land you on people's do not deal with list, some may also put your daughter on that list as well.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:16 AM   #64
juliasara
Quote:
Julia, She works as a painter from 6 am until almost sundown. She's exhausted by the time she comes home. However, I will see if she's willing to make an account just to post the emails herself. Since you seem to think she needs to do so.

Even though I'm the one who brought it to the boards.
The thing is the deal was between your daughter and mike, not you and Mike so even tho you posted about it here first she should be the one posting the details and continuing to hash it out with mike. I understand being tired at the end of the day but if she wants a resolution she agrees to she needs to take the time to correspond with mike. Many of us work long hours at out day jobs then come home and care for our families and large reptile collections, we understand tired trust me. If she is pleased with what Mike proposed then I see no reason to post here but if she's not she really should find the time. It will most likely be easier to do so here then in private because many of the members here will help mediate if need be. I also understand wanting to stick up for your daughter but she is an adult, my teen is years from being an adult and as much as I want to step in and fight for her I know I need to let her do it herself so she can learn those social skills and how to handle uncomfortable situations. I don't mean any disrespect but I really think you should ba.ct down and let her fight this one herself.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:18 AM   #65
CeltGunn
Julia, I'll have her post here. She's complained to me about his dealings with us. I just posted about the kinking like you asked for. Now you're threatening that people might not deal with us because I brought the issue here.... How nice of you Julia.

How would You feel if you had been put in the situation she was? She had no idea about the FaunaClassified website. I'm the one who found it, I'm the one who's a housewife and home all day, able to try and deal with this issue. Since she and I went in together with the idea of breeding this snake with my other snakes.

Anyway, I'm off. Have a great day. We'll see how it all ends. My only goal was to make certain Mike does hold up to what he promises. Since he couldn't before. And make certain Others who might want to do business with this company know what could happen. Before posting here, Mike wasn't going to do a dang thing at all!

I'll leave it at that and wait to see if she does receive the check. If she does, I'll update this posting. Until then, this is where we sit...

~Tina Abrahamson

Old 01-27-2016, 11:31 AM   #66
BeauBoi
Quote:
Julia, I'll have her post here. She's complained to me about his dealings with us. I just posted about the kinking like you asked for. Now you're threatening that people might not deal with us because I brought the issue here.... How nice of you Julia.

How would You feel if you had been put in the situation she was? She had no idea about the FaunaClassified website. I'm the one who found it, I'm the one who's a housewife and home all day, able to try and deal with this issue. Since she and I went in together with the idea of breeding this snake with my other snakes.

Anyway, I'm off. Have a great day. We'll see how it all ends. My only goal was to make certain Mike does hold up to what he promises. Since he couldn't before. And make certain Others who might want to do business with this company know what could happen. Before posting here, Mike wasn't going to do a dang thing at all!

I'll leave it at that and wait to see if she does receive the check. If she does, I'll update this posting. Until then, this is where we sit...

~Tina Abrahamson
Julia wasn't threatening you, she was telling you the truth. I happen to know for a fact, that people who come across as problem buyers all to often endup on no-sale lists, and many sellers will interpret your injecting yourself into a deal between two adults as you being a problem buyer.

When you started this thread, you said you purchased the snake for your daughter, and we went with that. It wasn't until Mike told us that your daughter is an adult and purchased the snake herself, that we asked SHE post here.

Believe me, you have made abundantly clear that you aren't happy. However, we have yet to hear from the actual customer, your daughter.

From the emails that Mike provided, we all see that you daughter said that she was satisfied with the resolution. If she isn't satisfied, then SHE needs to tell us that. Until that times comes, you are only sharing second hand information, which isn't allowed here.

~Beau

Old 01-27-2016, 11:42 AM   #67
juliasara
I DID NOT threaten you! I simply stated that some may choose not to because of how this issue was dealt with and the fact that you came here and posted instead of your adult daughter who was the one who bought the snake. If I were put in the situation she was I would have communicated with the seller myself, and if no resolution we were both happy with could be made I would have come here myself and posted. I'm not in any way saying she doesn't have a right to be upset, I simply said that she should be the one dealing with it. I'm not saying mike didn't drop the ball but he has provided emails from months ago where he said he would refund her or take the snake back, so to say he wouldn't have done anything if you hadn't posted here isn't really fair. He forgot, and apologized for that, have you never made a mistake and forgotten about something? We're there ever any emails he from your daughter that he completely ignored? If so then maybe he wouldn't have but she also waited 3 months right? If she had sent multiple emails in that time that were never answered that would be one thing. So if Mike follows through and sends twice as much as she asked for I'd say that is pretty honorable. If she receives it she should come here and post stating she got the check and is satisfied.

Old 01-27-2016, 12:09 PM   #68
Mistyck
Quote:
Please point out where she threatened you, because there is not a threat in what Julia wrote. So, kindly re-read her post and point out where it's threatening please.

Here is her post and I have made the statement you're obviously referring to more bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliasara View Post
I'm just guessing here but is it possible she hasn't come here and posted the emails and spoken about the issue with mike because she is satisfied with the solution? To me it seems like you still have a problem with what has transpired but she doesn't. The emails mike posted show that she said she was satisfied with the proposed solution. If that's not true and she isn't satisfied she should let Mike know that as well as come here and post. You continuing to post here might land you on people's do not deal with list, some may also put your daughter on that list as well.
So I still don't see a threat in there. I see a hypothetical situation (which I made larger in size), but definitely no threat.

Quote:
I would feel that I would have kept up with the seller of the snake to ensure that I got my refund if I were her. I wouldn't have sat on my rear end waiting to see what happened. That's how I would feel. Kudos to you for being home all day and being able to try to deal with HER issue. It is HER issue, Even if you and your daughter went in together with the idea of breeding this snake. SHE did the transaction, not you. So you can kick-start her to get this issue handled as the original transaction didn't have anything to do with you; except for the fact that your daughter could take time to complain about the situation to you. If she could take that time to complain to you, then she could have used that time to get into contact with Mike and get it handled on her own.

The excuse that she works funky hours and is exhausted does not hold merit for me. There are tons of people out there who work weird hours and still manage to handle their own lives and problems without help from others. If your daughter wanted this issue handled, then she should (and could) have handled it. But since you stepped in and got things going again; GREAT! Awesome, now step back and let your daughter and Mike handle the issue between themselves; as the agreement was between Mike & Your daughter.

Quote:

~Tina Abrahamson
It's not your job to make sure Mike holds up his end of the bargain. It's your daughter's job to do that. If your daughter doesn't keep up with him, then that's your daughter's issue; not yours. And if you have money invested through your daughter, you should take it up with her and keep pressure on her to make sure she keeps up with things. You have no dog in this fight to keep up with Mike to make sure he holds up his end. The only dog in the fight you have is with your daughter keeping up with things on her end. If she doesn't receive a check, then SHE needs to get with Mike again and post here. (If she feels it necessary. If she doesn't then oh well. That's on her.)

Old 01-27-2016, 12:26 PM   #69
juliasara
I completely agree Brandi, like I keep saying to her this isn't her fight and she doesn't seem to understand why we keep asking for her to back down and have her daughter post here. I work crazy hours (24 hour shifts), have a family and a large reptile collection to care for, I still have time to go online to post here and post sales adds and what not. It's part of being an adult! I really think her daughter is satisfied and she's not. If her daughter wasn't she would make time to publicly show her dissatisfaction with mike. I know how hard it is to believe our kids were wronged and how much any mom would want to fight for what they think their child deserves. I have the urge to do that all the time but I don't want my daughter to expect I'll do that and not learn how to fight for herself. For your daughters sake let her deal with this herself. It's a great learning experience and if she comes here there are lots of great people that can help her if she needs it. Plus you'll save yourself from getting labeled as a problem customer.

Old 01-27-2016, 01:45 PM   #70
Lucille
Quote:
Julia, I'll have her post here.
There you go again. Why not just tell her about the thread, ask her to read it, and let her make up her own mind about what to do?
If you 'have' her post, I would suspect that you would badger her into WHAT to post.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!