Bad Guy Brendan Tighe - Evolution Reptile - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-16-2015, 05:10 AM   #21
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilzac View Post
After more research, it appears I am not the only one that has trouble dealing with Brendan.
Pointing to another situation does not alter the fact that this one is different and that, in fact, you have not had trouble with this seller, on the contrary, your seller went out of his way to have the cages available, you did not pick them up, and a year later you want a refund.
Your first excuse, that YOU did not have enough room in your truck to pick them up, is particularly grating because you knew exactly how large the cages were, how big your truck was, and could have made arrangements with a friend or even a paid pickup service to just get the cages that day.
The seller made an effort hauling those cages and in my opinion is entitled to some compensation for doing so if he is not going to get a sale out of his efforts.

I think a fair outcome would be for you to choose between a small refund with the balance compensating this seller for his fruitless attempts to haul your cages to shows, or just paying shipping.

Old 03-16-2015, 08:09 AM   #22
Jenerferzzz
Quote:
In November of last year I was finally able to make it back down to a local show due to me switching jobs. This was the last show I could go to before I started working every weekend again, unless I took precious vacation time to do so. I had hoped it would be easier to speak with Brendan in person about this issue and get everything solved. So after going down to the reptile show, I was informed there that Evolution Reptile doesn't vend the show anymore.

Quote:
I went to the show and did not see my cages anywhere. So again I emailed Brendan back and gave him more of a time window and asked if my cages could be there for the March reptile show. I had given him over a months time to have the cages there and thought this was an ample amount of time. I also informed him that I would post my experience here if they were not there. I had never got an email in return.
It seems to me that these times you happened to go to the show to pick up your cages you just showed up expecting them to be there without having made any arrangements before hand... I don't know of any vendor in their right mind that is just going to lug around 2 huge cages to every show on the off chance that someone will show (none-the-less someone who has failed to show two scheduled pick-ups).

I get that you are frustrated that you haven't gotten your cages after so long but the brunt of the responsibility seems to be on you by the proof that you yourself have posted.

It does seem convenient that you happen to not have a certain set of emails that you say happened but you have emails from before that point and after...

After not being able to make 2 of your scheduled pick ups I feel that it should have been on you to cough up the money to have them shipped to you. It isn't the sellers fault that you were unable to show or have someone receive them for you.

I think the resolution here is to send the money to have them shipped. I feel like you should have done that a long time ago.

Old 03-16-2015, 08:47 AM   #23
ZugerReptiles2017
Brendan and Casey are good guys they supply the best reptile supplies at both the pgh and steel city reptile shows

Old 03-16-2015, 09:16 AM   #24
Casey Hulse
I am NOT the Casey being discussed in this thread.

I do not think there is a "bad guy" here, just different perspectives. I know what it is like to bring large cages to shows when you already have a full load, and I do not think the OP takes this "no call" very seriously, but it is. I think it is generous for Brendan to take the time to package and ship the cages if the OP pays shipping. Donating them to PJAC is also a fine option.

Old 03-16-2015, 10:05 AM   #25
yeloowtang
Zach, i think at this point it doesn't help to keep arguing your points at all.

the single most important thing here is that he responded, he said he has your cages... even after all this time..
stop arguing and pay for shipping, you clearly don't have time to go pick them up.. have them shipped and case closed, why beat around the bush and expect him to haul the cages at every show in case you show up one day..

Old 03-16-2015, 10:25 AM   #26
Kilzac
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeloowtang View Post
the single most important thing here is that he responded, he said he has your cages... even after all this time..
Key point being "said". All I asked for was a simple picture to PROVE that my cages are still there. I could say that he told me he would deliver them to my doorstep for free, but that doesn't mean it's true. I've been the only one to post any actual proof of screen shots. Yet Brendan states I've arranged all these pickups and never called or showed up. Or that the original plan was me to pickup in Virginia. He claims he has these emails, well then where are they?

Like I said, I'm not paying anymore into this for shipping. Its not in the budget for further spending, especially with my first child due at the end of next month.

Im not going to argue anymore. I thought the BOI took into consideration more than just the typed words of a seller. I am NOT just sitting here a year later with no communication throwing a hissy fit. I've tried to get it resolved and kept in touch with Brendan multiple times last year. I admit to dropping the ball on TWO occasions. I had god awful luck last year. I DO NOT admit to scheduling 4 or more pickups and not showing up like Brendan said I did. I'm posting my experience. I said in my OP that I'm not expecting a refund or cages at this point.

All I want to see at this point since he says he has the cages are the proof that the cages exist, since Casey told me a different story, and proof of the donation to USARK.

I thank you for your time, and apologize for wasting it.

Old 03-16-2015, 11:38 AM   #27
Guy Castro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
You made a custom order, you failed to pick up the cages on at least two occasions, and the "ferry" is not an infinite free ride here. You should have spent the precious vacation day or paid for shipping since you failed to appear at least twice when you arranged for the appearance to pick up the cages. At this point, I am not sure what should be done. Maybe some partial refund. Maybe. You ran out the clock and then some, though, and you are basically advertising that you are a self-entitled nightmare at this point.
This!^^^^^

Old 03-16-2015, 11:40 AM   #28
Guy Castro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I think your seller was extremely accommodating with multiple efforts to have the cages ready and waiting when you said you would pick them up. These were not even very expensive cages but they went out of their way to help you anyway.
And this!^^^^^^^^^

Old 03-16-2015, 11:58 AM   #29
shelley7950
And frankly, this situation is EXACTLY what "precious vacation days" are for...

Old 03-16-2015, 05:30 PM   #30
Dennis Hultman
Quote:

Im not going to argue anymore. I thought the BOI took into consideration more than just the typed words of a seller. I am NOT just sitting here a year later with no communication throwing a hissy fit. I've tried to get it resolved and kept in touch with Brendan multiple times last year. I admit to dropping the ball on TWO occasions. I had god awful luck last year. I DO NOT admit to scheduling 4 or more pickups and not showing up like Brendan said I did. I'm posting my experience. I said in my OP that I'm not expecting a refund or cages at this point.
No, people also having taken in what you wrote as well. You are kind of starting to throw one (hissy fit) now because people don't see it exactly your way.

Regardless how hard it is to sell the white cages, let's back up to the beginning.

You order the cages in February last year. He took your order and made the cages for you. You paid him for that work he did. There is no reason to believe he didn't do what you paid him for.

There is no evidence that he didn't complete the labor within a reasonable time and had them available for pick up.

You admit to agreeing to pick them up and then didn't.

Quote:
Now at the time I had a flight scheduled for the same day I had asked to pick the cages up. It turns out I had less room than I thought I did in the back of my truck and was unable to make it to the show. So I had emailed Brendan back telling him I would not be able to make it to pick them up. So we rescheduled my pickup for a later date.
OK, you updated him but he still had labor involved. He didn't do anything wrong. He made your cages and had them available for pick up as you requested.

Then you did it again.
Quote:
The second date we agreed upon came and as my luck would have it, I became very sick, as I had worked in a hospital at that time, one of my patients had given me quite a contagious staph infection, and it was better for me not to be around people. I had informed Brendan that I would have to get back to him at some point to reschedule another attempt to pick up, as I worked every weekend at the time and was not able to just request off.
While I understand things come up but this isn't his fault. Great, you updated him again but here he is hauling your cages around for you to be a no show again. What has he done wrong up to this point?
Nothing.

What do you do?
Quote:
I had contacted you in July/August last year again when we agreed that you would try and sell the cages and provide me a refund.
Quote:
After trying to find someone to cover my shift on the days of the two local reptile shows did not work out so well, I asked Brendan if it would be possible for a refund.
Five or six months later after he completed the work you asked to be done you asked for a refund. You're the one that's pulling your hair out?

Up until July or August last year, five or six months after having him put the time and effort into building your cages, having you cancel on him twice, you decide you just want your funds back. But hey, you are keeping him up to date.

What has the seller done wrong so far in your timeline?

He says NO refund.

He states it's a custom order and no refund. You state you didn't know it was a custom order. OK but at this point, Does it really matter?

You order the cages six months ago. He made them and tried to deliver them to you. I think it is a pretty crummy thing to do to someone.

Purchase something, they make it, try to deliver twice and you can't get it your stuff together for six months to pick it up then just decide you want your money back. WTF? How long do you think you should have to ask for a refund? It would be in entirely different situation he the seller didn't deliver or make them for you.

He did nothing wrong up to here. Correct?

I don't think anyone believes your funds should be out the window but you should get your cages picked up ASAP.

You bought them. Your decision not to pay for shipping.

Quote:
Thanks for your opinion Nick.

While I agree with you that it is not an infinite free ride, I had tried to get this resolved last year, long before this thread was created.
You didn't try to get it resolved last year you tried to get a refund after having him run around trying to deliver your cages. You were told no.

Now let's move to the next part.

You state very firmly that you only scheduled a pick up twice.

Quote:
Besides from the 2 shows I scheduled to pick up from and informed you I was unable to attend them due to the reasons I have stated, I hadn't scheduled another pickup after that because I wasn't able to make any of those shows, which you were aware of. So the 4 no call/ no shows that you are speaking of are beyond me.
We know you didn't make the first two shows. You stated you canceled then stated those were the only times you scheduled a pick up

Then you go on to state

Quote:
When I tried to arrange pick up at the show since January, you said we could do that, and that you would have Casey bring the cages to the shows. I've notified you twice of the shows I would be at, and I've been at both of them. And there have not been any cages.
That's four shows you state were scheduled for. The two you didn't show up at and the two you say you did and there were no cages

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoRep View Post
I will post here only one time about this customer. When you S/O custom cages or racks from me that are not a standard stock item they need to be paid in full and there are no refunds. It's a special order. This customer ordered 2 custom 4' white cages from me. We took the order and had them available at the next Steel City show as agreed. The cust was a no call no show for at least 4 shows. We finally received a response after we had them ready at many shows. We stopped vending at all shows in the Pittsburgh area.
It appears he is right buy your own words. Not his, yours.

Then you make it sound like he has done something wrong not vending shows under his own name anymore. This is a long ways out from your original transaction. If you haven't scheduled another pick up from him, How can you condemn him for not telling you that a distributor would bring them?

Why would you expect that he would give them to a distributor to haul around to multiple shows until you decide it was convenient enough to pick them up, up to nine months later?

Let's move on to the selling them then refunding you.

You state
Quote:
He (Casey) told me today, that he had sold white cages months ago that Brendan said were "kicking" around the shop.
You have no idea if those cages where yours or not. End of story.

Oh my god, he sold some cages and they must of been yours. Really?

That's what you stated got you to post this thread. That you talked to the distributor and he sold some white cages before months ago so those must of been yours.

Correct me if I'm wrong but he stated he would give them to the distributor to bring to the show but sense (as you state) you never scheduled again, why would he have given them to him to haul around to every show?

Quote:
Key point being "said". All I asked for was a simple picture to PROVE that my cages are still there. I could say that he told me he would deliver them to my doorstep for free, but that doesn't mean it's true. I've been the only one to post any actual proof of screen shots. Yet Brendan states I've arranged all these pickups and never called or showed up. Or that the original plan was me to pickup in Virginia. He claims he has these emails, well then where are they?
You just asked this. Now you are trying to make it look like you have been asking a long time like it was a big thing. It was yesterday that you went to the show and found out that sometime in the past that he sold white cages (That he makes) and they must be yours.

Quote:
I never knew I would have to deal through Casey, from what I expected, Brendan vendored the shows, and Brendan is who I was going to deal with. Adding Casey in as a third party definitely makes things more difficult and confusing, but since Brendan no longer vendored the shows, I didn't have a choice.
You did have a choice. You could of picked up your cages the first or second time they were waiting for you.

Quote:
As for your request for me to either pay shipping or make a trip down to Virginia by the end of the month, I will not be able to meet your requests. I've wasted two days of vacation time this year to try and get these cages. My son is due at the end of next month and I can't afford to use any more.

I am not going to put forth any more money to have the cages shipped to me.
Seems to me that this is really your problem and you had no reason to suspect that he doesn't have the cages. I really don't see what he has done wrong.

Now that we are at this point, I do think that you should either make arrangements to pick them up, have them shipped or The seller should continue to hold them because he agreed to until they sold. I don't think you should be out anything or him.

Donating them and you receiving nothing wouldn't be fair . Just like cancelling on him and making him haul them around then asking for a refund after six months because of your problems wasn't fair either.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!