SPAM - North Florida Zoological - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-28-2004, 01:16 AM   #1
Mark and Aimee
SPAM - North Florida Zoological

Is anyone else getting hit with SPAM from "North Florida Zoological?

From: Michael E. Welker [mailto:herpconservation69@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2004 9:11 PM
To: (deleted)
Subject: 1 Current Surplus Herp Stock

Hello,

Please find our current surplus herp stock list attached. Let us know your needs.

Thank you,

Michael Welker
Mickey Arnold
352-264-7826

----------------------

To: Michael E. Welker
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2004 11:25 PM
Subject: RE: 1 Current Surplus Herp Stock

Hi. Did I ask you to send this to me? I'm not sure, as I have requested price lists from a few different companies lately. But I don't recognize your name....

Mark

-------------------------------

From: Michael E. Welker [mailto:herpconservation69@yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 24, 2004 9:16 AM
To: Mark Berger
Subject: Re: 1 Current Surplus Herp Stock

Hello Mark,

No, we just took it upon our selves to send it to you. We got your email from a breeder contact of ours. If we can help you with anything please let us know. If not, I'm sorry to bother you.

Take Care,

Mike Welker & Mickey Arnold
North Florida Zoological
352-264-7826
Let us know your needs.
We specialize in North American herps not usually offered.
We are always interested in your locality wild caught herps and captive born offspring.
Trades welcome.

------------------------------

To: Michael E. Welker
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2004 9:16 AM
Subject: RE: 1 Current Surplus Herp Stock

Please remove me from your list. I've yet to purchase anything from SPAM, and probably never will.

Sorry.

Mark

---------------------

So I thought that would be the last I heard of them..... Think again.

---------------------

Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 10:01 PM
To: AAAreptiles@aol.com
Subject: 1 PRICE LIST 5/27/2004

NORTH FLORIDA ZOOLOGICAL

Gainesville, Florida USA

(352) 264-7826

NFZ@cox.net

PRICE LIST 5/27/2004

(deleted)

North Florida Zoological

Reptiles, Amphibians, Invertebrates & Mammals

nfz@cox.net

352-264-7826

Let us know your needs.
We are always interested in your locality wild caught herps and captive born offspring.
Trades welcome.

------------------------------------

To: nfz@cox.net
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 10:04 PM
Subject: RE: 1 PRICE LIST 5/27/2004

I have already asked you once to remove me from your spam list. I will not ask again. I feel my first request was sufficient, and you have left me with no choice but to take action.

PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR LIST. You have been reported to your Internet Service Provider.

Mark & Aimee Berger
Outback Snakehouse
Colorado Springs, CO
http://www.outbacksnakehouse.net
http://www.aussiedragons.com
http://www.babyberger.com
719-638-4435
bergerm@adelphia.net

------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 11:04 PM
To: bergerm@adelphia.net
Subject: I'm sorry I thought you were removed

Hello Mark,

I removed you the first time you emailed me. You must have been listed twice or something. I deleted you again. No need to get an attitude.

Take Care,

North Florida Zoological

Reptiles, Amphibians, Invertebrates & Mammals

nfz@cox.net

352-264-7826

Let us know your needs.
Trades welcome.

-----------------

I have already reported this idiot. Why on earth would I do business with anyone who repeatedly SPAMs me? I have NEVER purchased anything from an unsolicited email, and NEVER will. What a moron!

Old 05-28-2004, 01:37 AM   #2
Zonata64
Sounds to me like Mark does have an attitude. He also has showed his inmaturity by name calling. I guess this shows what type of person he is. Get over yourself Mark!

Old 05-28-2004, 07:51 AM   #3
Mark and Aimee
Quote:
Sounds to me like Mark does have an attitude. He also has showed his inmaturity by name calling. I guess this shows what type of person he is. Get over yourself Mark!
Glad you have come here to explain yourself. Everything makes perfect sense now.

I guess it's OK that you try to do business by SPAM... Everyone appreciates that!

Old 05-28-2004, 08:47 AM   #4
Bobby Douglass
Hi Mike. Regardless of Mark's attitude most people really don't like spam. I don't think you meant any harm by it but you don't want to alienate possible future customers either. Good luck in your business.

Old 05-28-2004, 08:54 AM   #5
Twiztid
I got the DREADED SPAM too!!!

It was just in 2 of my email accounts not even a half hour ago. Mark, let me help you out on this one. There should be a button labeled "Delete" somewhere on your screen. If you click on it, the email will no longer be there and it will not offend you anymore. And you won't have to take time out of your busy schedule to come here and beg for attention and acceptance from your fellow whiners and know-it-alls. I usually only read the BOI to reassure me why I have backed out out of this hobby alot. SO many crybabies. Just thought I could interject cause this really seems to be getting to you. Oh, and I totally agree with Mike. For someone to start sniveling and name calling over something so petty really does show what kind of person they are in real life. Get over it you poor thing. Where's Ritchie Luna and his 10 or so disciples that love to throw their own 2 worthless cents into every thread? This is the perfect opportunity for him to flex his big wannabe cop muscles from his keyboard. Let's all help them out and think of who we can report Mike to for sending out a bulk email. It'll save them the time of figuring it out on their own and making empty ridiculous threats. They're obviously very busy people. But then they wouldn't get the pleasure of stroking each other today like they do every other day and we'll all have to read double stupidity tomorrow. Don't sweat it Mike. He's (they're) not worth it. Just sit back and smile.

Old 05-28-2004, 09:15 AM   #6
Wilomn
It's an intrusion no matter how you look at it. The fact that it's done by a fellow herper makes it a little more painful than the normal spam we all get and delete daily.

I've gotten it at least 4 times in the last week. It is annoying and since it is intrusive as well as unasked for I would think real hard about doing business with these guys if they had something I wanted.

Mark may have over reacted a bit, oh my, oh my. Off with his head.

Spam is still SPAM no matter who sends it or why. Just because he didn't appreciate it doesn't make him out to be a bad guy.

twiztid do you realize that you are largely doing exactly what you don't think mark should be doing?

I think the saying goes something like this,"hey pot, kettle here, did you know you're black?'' and then the reply from pot is, " nuh uh, YOU ARE!" and so on ad infinitum.

Wes Pollock

Old 05-28-2004, 09:47 AM   #7
DThomas
Irregardless of of whether Mark over reacted or not, it is still spam, an unsolicited commercial email. It also violates the new "Can Spam Act" that went into effect on January 01, 2004. The body of the email contains no method for the receiver to be removed from the spammer's email list. This is a violation.

With the latest figures showing close to 85% of email traffic is spam, this doesn't help. I personally never buy from spam and report all spam received to spam cop. With enough complaints, and it doesn't take many, the spammer's mail server gets blacklisted and all of his emails bounce. Report him to spam cop Mark.

Old 05-28-2004, 10:00 AM   #8
Twiztid
Yeah, I do realize...

I'm basically going to extremes myself but like you just said, "oh no, oh no, off with his head". That's exactly what Mark implied with Mike right? I personally would rather get spam regarding reptiles than penis enlagement, haha. At least it's something interesting that has the possibility of being useful. I think it's a good idea. I can't use any of the animals on Mike's list myself so I just looked it over and deleted it. Twice. What's the big deal? No need to "cut his head off for it". Isn't there anything else better to point fingers, oust perfectly innocent people as "bad guys" and complain about today or what? Hey, it's Friday. I'm bored at work. Thought I'd contribute a logical point of view to some new bull$hit on this board.

Old 05-28-2004, 10:19 AM   #9
HerpVenue
someone around here has a DIFFERENT name but sounds REALLY REALLY familiar.
hhhhmmm who could it be?
and why use a fake name?
Quote:
If you click on it, the email will no longer be there and it will not offend you anymore.
Easier said than done. By the time I come home from Lunch I have 75 avg spam mails to delete. byt the time I come home from work for the day I have an average of 50 more.

Quote:
I usually only read the BOI to reassure me why I have backed out out of this hobby alot.
That is pretty impressive considering you just registered last month (april 2004). So what is your REAL name and what other screen names do you have?

Quote:
Where's Ritchie Luna and his 10 or so disciples that love to throw their own 2 worthless cents into every thread?
Here I am. But only because you called. So you can throw your 2 cents in but no one else can? ...really starting to sound familiar. ryan from delaware.....yeah right

Quote:
This is the perfect opportunity for him to flex his big wannabe cop muscles from his keyboard.
wanna be cop? really really starting to sound familiar. Keep it up. oh yeah......what did this thread have to do with me? because half of everything you posted has to do with me and not about the people in the thread

Quote:
Let's all help them out and think of who we can report Mike to for sending out a bulk email. It'll save them the time of figuring it out on their own and making empty ridiculous threats. They're obviously very busy people. But then they wouldn't get the pleasure of stroking each other today like they do every other day and we'll all have to read double stupidity tomorrow. Don't sweat it Mike. He's (they're) not worth it. Just sit back and smile.
definately sounding familiar..... Definately not a ryan from Delaware.

For a guy who has all the balls to talk all this SH!T......you sure are too much Chicken SH!T to post your REAL name.

tell me again what this thread has to do with me?

Old 05-28-2004, 10:33 AM   #10
HerpVenue
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...351#post125351

I was looking at your post on the link.
it makes me wonder what you really have against Mark and Aimee.
It seems you have had something against them. and i bet they have never ever dealt with a ryan mills from delaware

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!