Ebay - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 10-25-2017, 09:16 PM   #11
WebSlave
Yeah, every once in a while when I buy something from Ebay, the item will show up in Amazon packaging with a note inside that it is a "gift" from the seller. I have sent a few of them back, explaining to the people that I do not do business with Amazon, regardless of how my business may have gotten to them.

Lately, what I look for is someone charging state sales tax even though they are not located in Florida. Nine times out of ten that is a sure sign that they are just an under the table Amazon reseller. But even then, even from a Florida source, some things will STILL show up in Amazon packaging.

Oh, another thing, a LOT of people on Ebay will just go through catalogs like Harbor Freight, and sell the items off of there for a few more dollars than they are paying. I'm sure other sources of merchandise are being utilized in the same manner. So it pays to really look around for ALL sources you can find of anything you are interested in purchasing.

As for buying from Amazon itself, lately it is VERY rare that I can't find something cheaper from a source other than Amazon. Didn't use to be the case years ago, but that seems to have changed.

Old 10-25-2017, 10:36 PM   #12
Roscoe09
What do you expect with modern technology? To me Ebay and Amazon are getting worse and worse. I’m glad reptiles aren’t sold on Amazon.

Old 10-26-2017, 06:20 AM   #13
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe09 View Post
What do you expect with modern technology?
Amazon is introducing a technology package with a smart lock and video that will allow the possibility of drivers delivering packages inside your home. For many people that will be a positive move because package theft is so rampant.

I certainly embrace the technology that has led to two day delivery not only for Amazon but for other large sellers like Walmart. I now only go to the grocery store for fresh products like veggies, yogurt, meat, etc. Canned items, pet food, cat litter, etc. are delivered to my door in two days and for the same price as they would have been if I had gone to the store, put them in my car, then gotten them from the car to my home. That is a real plus, because a forty pound box of cat litter despite the laws of physics is heavier now than it was when I was 20

Old 10-26-2017, 08:37 AM   #14
Roscoe09
Very true I agree. Amazon has also done tests that show up positive with their drones. I don’t have a problem with shipping methods (I enjoy two day delivery but still get 100lbs of animal stuff at the store- litter, cat food,and dog food) but with the stuff they’re are selling. It seems like they want you to buy cheap stuff so you have to keep getting more after it breaks.

Old 10-26-2017, 09:50 AM   #15
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe09 View Post
they want you to buy cheap stuff so you have to keep getting more after it breaks.
I think that is putting the cart before the horse. Consumers look at price many times before they look at anything else. If they would refuse to buy cheap cr$p and demand quality their stuff would last longer. Amazon is going to sell whatever sells, and cheap sells.

The same thing happens here sometimes. Breeders who start with quality stock, who feed quality foods, get vet care when needed, and wait until a hatchling is mature and eating will naturally charge more for their quality product.
And every day some people instead choose cheap animals sold too young, fed cheap food, from breeders in it only to grab as much profit as they can get and who don't care about their critters. And the choice was made only because the critter was sold cheap.

Old 10-26-2017, 10:10 AM   #16
WebSlave
Hah! Some driver walking into someone's home to make a delivery might get carried out in a body bag, so I HOPE that technology does not become common place.

As for quality of merchandise, heck, it seems all products are made in China or Mexico, just carrying different brand name labels on them. For instance, used to be I could count on products with the name "Craftsman" on them. Not any more. So if you are winding up paying more for the same product with just a brand name label on it, why wouldn't someone gravitate to merchandise that is identical, just less costly?

And I am just not buying the claim of "Made in China to our stringent specifications." Yeah, right......

Old 10-26-2017, 10:23 AM   #17
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Hah! Some driver walking into someone's home to make a delivery might get carried out in a body bag, so I HOPE that technology does not become common place.
The technology is voluntary and must be purchased and installed by the consumer; the video shows the deliver being made, much like an unboxing video, so there is a record. From what I have read, the driver may use his/her own judgment, if there is a threatening dog or other safety reason that the packages cannot safely be put indoors, they are left outside.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-ne...-thing-n814276

Old 10-26-2017, 08:17 PM   #18
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
The technology is voluntary and must be purchased and installed by the consumer; the video shows the deliver being made, much like an unboxing video, so there is a record. From what I have read, the driver may use his/her own judgment, if there is a threatening dog or other safety reason that the packages cannot safely be put indoors, they are left outside.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-ne...-thing-n814276
Personally, I do not believe that anyone giving access to enter their home to anyone other than friends and family is a very smart idea. It would be a very cold day in hell before I would do such a thing.

Oh and about Amazon's idea of making deliveries with drones... Well, good luck with that.

Old 10-26-2017, 08:40 PM   #19
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
It would be a very cold day in hell before I would do such a thing.
It took you two years to surrender to the cell phone borg. I'll bet you a dollar that before 2020, you will change your mind about this. Maybe you won't let Amazon in, but groceries, etc. count. It has to be a normal delivery situation, emergencies with medical/fire personnel don't count as far as the bet is concerned.

How's about it?

Old 10-26-2017, 09:17 PM   #20
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
It took you two years to surrender to the cell phone borg. I'll bet you a dollar that before 2020, you will change your mind about this. Maybe you won't let Amazon in, but groceries, etc. count. It has to be a normal delivery situation, emergencies with medical/fire personnel don't count as far as the bet is concerned.

How's about it?
You are on!

And as for the cell phone borg "surrender", not happening. I bought two (one for me and one for Connie), but I rarely even turn it on. And NEVER use it for internet stuff. Heck, I turned it on today just so I could glance at the time while we were in Best Buy, as I had an eye doctor's appointment I didn't want to be late for. First time it has been turned on in at least a week.

So heck, you might as well just go ahead and send me that dollar right now. Not even the smoke of a chance you will win that bet.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!