What do y'all look like? - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

View Poll Results: What do reptile keepers look like? (More than 1 OK)
They have tattoos 366 57.46%
They wear jeans 389 61.07%
They have long hair 175 27.47%
They carry scam detectors 81 12.72%
No britches 41 6.44%
Hand pressed Ralph Lauren button down oxfords (this is what I wore) 51 8.01%
They look like good citizens 278 43.64%
They look like troublemakers 192 30.14%
They look like Hell's Angels 136 21.35%
Depends if they keep snakes or turtles 205 32.18%
I know 'em when I see 'em, I can always tell 160 25.12%
Britches embroidered with snakes 38 5.97%
I dunno, I just keep parakeets 21 3.30%
They look like Lucille 40 6.28%
Other 150 23.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 637. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2005, 03:01 PM   #81
hhmoore
Keep in mind that I wasn't planning on having my picture take that morning.

Old 10-20-2005, 05:57 PM   #82
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_terese
No way are you ruining the thread! Nothing wrong with that mug at all!

At least you have the courage to post your pic! ;-)
Now, you wouldn't be addressing LUCILLE there would ya?
Come on Lucille, just a quick peak. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
Most of us weren't. I never truly volunteer for mine to be taken. You just sorta get trapped into it. LOL
BTW.........NICE SNAPPER!

Ciao,
Rick

Old 10-20-2005, 06:10 PM   #83
hhmoore
If I were more photogenic, I would be mugging for the camera all the time...like you see in so many ads - pics just don't do me justice

I was between hair in that pic. I'm a longhair at heart, and by nature. And to answer the question about what I DID mean by that comment about the pics not showing my face - while I am not particularly photogenic, and (therefore) am camera shy, I was always rather vain about my hair. No objections at all to being photographed from behind

Old 10-20-2005, 06:11 PM   #84
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
Holy Monkeys!

That turtle makes you look like one of the Oompa Loompas! How much did that thing weigh?

I'll have to look around for a picture of me... I know there's one on this darn computer somewhere. (I probably better not post it right after y'all have eaten dinner though. )

Old 10-20-2005, 08:09 PM   #85
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSage
Holy Monkeys!
That turtle makes you look like one of the Oompa Loompas! How much did that thing weigh?
I know it wasn't a good hair day (too short, for one thing), but it isn't THAT bad!! And I tend toward pale, NOT ORANGE!
As for the turtle, he was great...weighed in at 94lbs when I sold him. He was very impressive, but I think I liked my big NY snapper better in some ways - it was close to 30 lbs and much more "personable". He definitely reacted differently to me than anybody else. I could even hand feed him. Nothing like touching a f/t rat pup or mouse to the water, and seeing that head coming up...the mouth opening...and then gently closing on the prey item and submerging again.

Old 10-20-2005, 09:02 PM   #86
ms_terese
You're all much too hard on yourselves! I've met several folks from this site over the years, and no one has expressed surprise that *I* am a reptile person, so I think I must fit the mold! Decide for yourselves

(I'm including a picture of my husband and I while doing our herp show gig, a picture of me and a much prettier girl in a swimming pool, and another where we're doing a demo for some senior citizens who wanted to get over their fear of snakes.)
Attached Images

Old 10-20-2005, 10:05 PM   #87
South Dixie Dragons
Quote:
You're all much too hard on yourselves! I've met several folks from this site over the years, and no one has expressed surprise that *I* am a reptile person, so I think I must fit the mold! Decide for yourselves
Fantastic Pictures!!
Well, let me be the first to tell you that outside of the ring (so to speak) I would never guess you to be a reptile gal. Now don't get me wrong, that snake fits in your hand oh so well and you look like you enjoy every minute of it! LOL! This is solely based on the "stereotype" that goes with reptile folks..you know, long hair , tattoos, etc...
To me, you look like you could be a teacher ( and you sure look like you are having fun with those senior citizens!! I bet they loved you!) you have a very studious, intellectual look about you..or perhaps a professional in banking or other type of financial business...
Take it as a compliment! your daughter is a cutie!

I think a lot of people are hard on themselves and the way they look. I know I am my own worst critic. Someone will say, "Oh you are so pretty" or something like that and I will just be thinking..."Oh, yeah RIGHT! They are just trying to be nice, how sweet of them"...I feel many folks have this distorted view of themselves when they look in the mirror or look at a photo of themselves..something malfunctioning in the human brain..like a mirror in a fun house..what we see is not what other folks see..
Isn't it better to be that way then to have an inflated head and conceited? I think humbleness is a better approach!hmmm.. I don't know...

Old 10-20-2005, 10:06 PM   #88
Lucille
Terese: the little girl is a cutie pie, but no one would deny that you are a beautiful woman, inside and out.

Old 10-20-2005, 10:09 PM   #89
ms_terese
Quote:
Take it as a compliment! your daughter is a cutie!
God love ya...that's my granddaughter, not my daughter!!

Old 10-20-2005, 10:19 PM   #90
South Dixie Dragons
Quote:
God love ya...that's my granddaughter, not my daughter!!
AND you DEFINITELY don't look old enough to be a GRANDMOTHER!! what's your secret?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!