New to photography - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 10-12-2006, 10:12 PM   #1
addicted
New to photography

I am thinking of getting a digital slr camera but have no experiance with photography at all.i am looking at the canon digital rebel xti and was wondering if anyone here has one,and what they thought of it.Any advice would be a great help.

Old 10-17-2006, 04:24 PM   #2
NathanLedet
I have a rebel XT

Very nice! takes some wonderful pictures..and they're HUGE..so if you're going for those nice close up detailed pics, then you've chosen one of the best.

You don't really need a whole lot of experience with this camera. it should come with an instruction manual. There's usually an "automatic" setting that you can just set, point, and click.

I suggest you get a a good 2gb card. I can take over 500 large pictures on a single card...each picture is over 2.5 megs, or you can take literally thousands of pictures on the small picture settings.

You'll also need to know how to resize, because these pictures are huge, large pics are 3456 x 2304 pixels

Photoshop is your friend

Good luck on your purchase!!

Old 10-17-2006, 04:26 PM   #3
NathanLedet
Sorry i just realized you said XTi, not XT...I have just the XT, which is 8 megapixel..the XTi is 10 megapixel....either way, the pics you take are going to be huge.

Old 10-17-2006, 09:58 PM   #4
addicted
new to photography

Thanks for the reply,it will be a little while before i get it because i am building a custom cage for a rescue boa i got.as soon as i get it i will post some pics here and on the boas forum.

Old 10-20-2006, 05:32 PM   #5
geckonate
I also have a rebel xt. Very versatile...One drawback though, its stock lens tends to leave me bored, especially with shooting reptiles. I feel like I can never get close enough. Hence my next purchase, a macro lens.

Good luck. Pm with questions if you have them.

Old 10-23-2006, 12:32 PM   #6
liquidleaf
I have a SLR-like camera (wanted something more professional than a point/shoot, but wasn't ready money-wise or knowledge-wise for an SLR yet). I got the panasonic FZ-30, for about $440 after seaching a while for the best price. It's got a 12x optical built in zoom and manual focus ring, which I love.

Now my husband and I both fight over the camera when we go on vacation, and I've snapped a bunch of nice shots of our snakes with it, straight out of the box. Of course, it has so many features that it will take me a year or more to learn how to use all the manual modes, but hey, there's still an automatic mode. Here's a sample of one of the automatic-mode shots... I am so hooked on photography now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!