Deleting posts or threads on the BOI - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 12-17-2015, 08:16 PM   #11
WebSlave
Each instance of such cases will be decided on after some reflection concerning what action seems BEST to do at the time. There have been times in the past where a banned member would quickly create one or more fake registrations just so that he or she could throw some parting barbs, and in many of those cases it was painfully obvious who the person really was. In that sort of case, those posts may be left in place because they become instructive to the people reading them as to just what kind of personality they may be dealing with if they think about doing future business with that person. So that person actually provided evidence by their own hand that was felt worth retaining. Would we be doing anyone a real service by removing such evidence?

In this particular case, evidence appeared to point to someone other than Chris Kennard actually being behind the fake accounts and abusive postings. Which is why the accounts were actually retained, only banned, as they did contain some evidence that was felt to be worthwhile keeping in storage for possible future reference. The person strongly suspected of being responsible will be under a microscope for quite a while, and runs the risk of being publicly exposed for the sake of helping other members see a darker side of someone that they may entertain doing business with. They will earn their own thread in the Board of Inquiry if that comes to pass. And that record WILL be permanent. A lot depends on their future actions, so that ball is now in their court. Obviously we are not 100% certain, otherwise this would already be a done deal.

Anyway, what the original post in this thread was placed there for was for those cases where someone makes a complete ass of themselves and then comes to me even years later begging to have such evidence removed. Or their situation is that they actually were involved in a transaction or situation they are not proud of, and the evidence of such a transgression still exists on this site that comes to the public eye easily with a Google search. I have a good collection of such emails from people who find that such postings or actions they made in the past are now being viewed and considered by prospective employers and their past is definitely haunting them now. Apparently they feel that the past is passed and they have some right to have it buried from public view. Sorry, that is NOT going to happen. That is the statement I intended to make with this thread.

I am very sorry that such people felt that they had to act in the manner that they did, and I am sorry if their actions are now having a negative impact on their lives. But I didn't make that bed, they did. Nine times out of ten they likely also smacked myself or the moderators on the toes with the hammer while making their bed, and quite honestly, I really don't have much sympathy for their plight.

Be careful about what you make yourself out to be on the internet. You are very easy to find out about for anyone who makes even a modest effort. Being a bad guy or just an ass today may certainly come back to haunt you later on in life.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!