Ranco ETC-111000-000W Prewired Tstat - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 02-02-2016, 09:07 PM   #1
snakesareawesome
Ranco ETC-111000-000W Prewired Tstat

I've been using these with really good success especially where you don't need a proportional controller. They can be set for a very narrow temperature range, so even though they are not proportional, they can keep a pretty right range. They can handle a pretty heavy load so I am using them to control space heaters and fridges. Another advantage is they can heat or cool. I order them prewired from etc supply. I have also used them to control RHPs and they worked fine for that, too.

Old 02-02-2016, 09:15 PM   #2
Insomniac101
I have several that I use on my colubrid racks, and they work well for that application. I wouldn't use an on/off thermostat in an incubator, but they work well with heat tape. I have a few units that have been running for 8 years with no problems.

Kathy

Old 02-07-2016, 01:38 PM   #3
Guy Castro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac101 View Post
I wouldn't use an on/off thermostat in an incubator,
Kathy
Why??? I use a proportional on my incubator. Started with an on/off and temps would vary 2 degrees with a Vivarium Electronics. I use only Herpstat now,and it varies 0.2 degrees.

Old 02-07-2016, 08:46 PM   #4
Insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Castro View Post
Why??? I use a proportional on my incubator. Started with an on/off and temps would vary 2 degrees with a Vivarium Electronics. I use only Herpstat now,and it varies 0.2 degrees.
Not sure I understand your question - you're asking why I don't use an on/off thermostat for my incubators? I don't use an on/off for precisely the same reason you stated (2+ degrees temp fluctuation). I use a Herpstat proportional for the same reason you stated (fraction of a degree fluctuation).

Kathy

Old 02-27-2016, 08:35 AM   #5
acecurl16
I have 3-4 Ranco running rack systems .... they work great for that application and never a problem ... incubators on self-contained or Herpstat proportional thermostats like the above ... the application dictates the thermostat for the job :-)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!