Can Anyone HElp Me I.D. My Babies? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-21-2009, 11:30 PM   #1
CoalsCnstrctors
Can Anyone HElp Me I.D. My Babies?

I bred a Bloodred het charcoal female to a Charcoal het bloodred male and got 16 beautiful babies, but am having trouble figuring out which ones are which.
I should have gotten approx 25% of each Normals, Bloodred, Charcoals, and Pewters, but the Norms and Bloodreds look alike and so do the Charcoals and Pewters. Is there a trick to this? Does anyone want to give any opinions?
Thanks!
Nicole

I have pics of the 12 of them that have shed at this link:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5&l=b8ca65f1fe

Old 07-24-2009, 08:23 PM   #2
MedusaCoils
Do you have any ventral shots of them?

If the parents were BR het Charcoal X Charcoal het BR and no other known recessives, then #2 & 4 are Pewters and #1 & 3 are BR het Charcoal.

BUT

If one of them have belly checkers, then the ones with belly checkers would be #1 and 3 would be Classics het Pewters and #2 & 4 would be Charcoals het BR.

I seriously doubt they are F2's. I think my first guess is probably correct. They have some really nice diffusion. Great looking snakes!

A ventral (belly) pic of them all will clarify everything, though.

Wayne

Old 07-25-2009, 08:55 PM   #3
CoalsCnstrctors
The bellies!

Thank you! I totally forgot about the bellies! Now it is very clear to see that I got
1.0 Charcoal
0.5 Normal
1.3 Bloodred
3.3 Pewter

They are very nice, and most of them are eating great too. Both the parents are from South Mountain. Here's a pic of mom and dad :-)

Thanks again,
Nicole

Old 07-27-2009, 11:04 AM   #4
jguyer1
I agree. I see a pair of Bloodreds and a pair of Pewters there. #2 is a SCREAMER!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bloodred, charcoal, pewter