Your thoughts please! How can we improve... - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 07-12-2015, 11:55 AM   #51
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifounyou View Post
I think it would be very helpful if there was a way to search the classifieds or separate the classifieds by state/location. If there is such a way I apologize but have not been able to find it. Think it would be very useful.

Sincerely,

Travis
Ifounyou
Ifounyou@aol.com
Thank you for your suggestion, but seriously, is it THAT much of a real burden to just scan through ads noting the location in the poster's profile once you have located specific animals you are interested in?

Point of the matter is that this site is an INTERNET based site, and tends to focus on INTERNET based transactions. Anyone solely interested in local sales only is encouraged to make note of any shows within easy driving distance of their home location and attend those as often as possible. Limiting your buying options to strictly local, while a nice idea on the surface, is actually LIMITING your options.

This has been addressed before somewhere in this Feedback Forum where the logistics of the programming effort needed for that sort of functionality was addressed and discussed.

Old 07-12-2015, 12:02 PM   #52
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifounyou View Post
I think it would be very helpful if there was a way to search the classifieds or separate the classifieds by state/location. If there is such a way I apologize but have not been able to find it. Think it would be very useful.

Sincerely,

Travis
Hi Travis,

There is sort of a way to do it, check out this link that talks about it:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=476283
I hope that helps

Old 02-17-2016, 07:49 PM   #53
autumnkintz
I'm new to the site and was looking for a specific item. Problem was it was Ivins me postings from 8 years or more! There needs to be either a time limit where the posts expire or an easier way for the seller to post "sold" on their ads.

Old 02-17-2016, 07:57 PM   #54
Dbz4246
Or maybe a way to filter results to within a certain time frame?

Old 02-17-2016, 08:00 PM   #55
AbsoluteApril
Hi Autumn, Here are a few threads that discuss this issue, you may want to review the reasons both pro and con and add your thoughts as you see fit:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=76903
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=374037

Also to note - sellers can change the tag to Sold now but that was a newer feature and I don't believe it was available a few years ago.

Edit to add Jessie - that's a good idea!

Old 02-17-2016, 08:40 PM   #56
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbz4246 View Post
Or maybe a way to filter results to within a certain time frame?
-----------------
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/search.php
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2016, 11:59 PM   #57
Dbz4246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
Huh, well how bout that.

Old 02-18-2016, 12:12 AM   #58
WebSlave
Yeah, and if everyone would actually put the city and state info in the tag area, well, imagine how helpful that could get to be......

Old 03-03-2016, 07:25 PM   #59
Eden Exotics
One thing you really need to change is the BOI. It is impossible to navigate and actually find reviews. Most of it is just discussion. I think people should have to create a new thread each time they make a review for someone, otherwise it just gets lost in all the other junk. Thanks.

Old 03-03-2016, 09:31 PM   #60
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden Exotics View Post
One thing you really need to change is the BOI. It is impossible to navigate and actually find reviews. Most of it is just discussion. I think people should have to create a new thread each time they make a review for someone, otherwise it just gets lost in all the other junk. Thanks.
I always found putting terms I wanted to use into the search box field worked for me.

Review material tends to be found throughout a given BOI thread if it gains volume (a few exceptions aside). I think most of them start out that way, too, prior to the increased focus on details and nuance later on. Discussion allows for points and counterpoints relating to user-perceived validity or invalidity of complaints or praise based on the details in the context of the whole.

One benefit of combining experiences into fewer threads is that each experience may be a window for a particular point in time. Sometimes the weather seen through the window might be more favorable. Sometimes less. Having a series of experiences back to back allows for the formation of impression by pattern instead of merely impression by instance. If a person focuses solely on instances, having things broken out might cause a reader to skip over or miss reading about a particularly key or valuable instance.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!