Advice on first boa - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-15-2015, 08:23 PM   #51
AbsoluteApril
I bribed my boyfriend with a PS4 so I could get another snake. lol

Congrats on the up-coming addition! Glad to hear the little one is getting comfy in his new home too.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:10 PM   #52
big b
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddnbecka View Post
Ack, a six snake limit sounds pretty harsh, though your individual circumstances must be considered. Colubrids generally require smaller accommodations than boas, but if you breed them you will have to house their offspring too. Wine and dine her a bit, maybe even look into some new jewelry?
We have 15, though I'm not sure if I should count the wee diamondback water snake that's been MIA for a couple weeks now. Less than 12", somewhere in the basement, I've left a container of water and guppies on the floor but have't seen any disappear. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll see that one alive again, but for now it's still counted. I would like to move along a couple of my spare male DRMB's, and still want to add a Mexican black king to the collection.
Post some pics of the caulker when he/she arrives.
What is DRMB's ??

I will post a few pics, he arrives Wednesday.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:15 PM   #53
big b
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
I bribed my boyfriend with a PS4 so I could get another snake. lol

Congrats on the up-coming addition! Glad to hear the little one is getting comfy in his new home too.
Too funny!

Wife was ok with 48 tarantulas (all but four are gone). But can't stand snakes.

Old 03-16-2015, 11:38 PM   #54
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by big b View Post
What is DRMB's ??
Dominican Red Mountain Boas. Beautiful critters, they don't get too big, semi-arboreal, awesome for display and handling. I was planning on getting at least one this year but blew my snake purchasing fund on reticulated pythons and enclosures to house them before interstate transport becomes illegal next month.

Quote:
I will post a few pics, he arrives Wednesday.
I'll look forward to seeing them!

Old 03-17-2015, 04:59 AM   #55
toddnbecka
Here's a few pics of DRMB's, high red male and a couple pics of a brown female. There's a pretty wide variation in their colors, even among a litter of babies. The high reds are the most sought-after color, but they're all pretty much the same as far as disposition. Very mellow, never strike or bite, worst they'll do is musk if startled.

They also display different colors between day and night. Body type is similar to a carpet python

Old 03-18-2015, 09:42 PM   #56
big b
Wow, the first snake in the first picture is awesome looking. I thought it was a rainbow.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:45 PM   #57
big b
Name:  caulker.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  326.8 KB

Name:  caulker pic 2.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  249.7 KB

Just got today. He is a curious little guy.

Old 03-18-2015, 10:16 PM   #58
bcr229
He is quite the looker! Congrats, nice pick up you got there.

Old 03-18-2015, 11:35 PM   #59
Helenthereef
I love his dark greys, beautiful!

Old 03-18-2015, 11:47 PM   #60
big b
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
He is quite the looker! Congrats, nice pick up you got there.
Got him from scalybabies. The second awesome source you recommended.
Great guy. (thank you)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!