Help me decide - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 12-25-2017, 03:34 PM   #1
Stephenson8011
Help me decide

The next repticon show down here in Orlando I plan on getting myself another snake and I can’t decide. I have narrowed it down to these two:

1. Jungle Carpet Python
2. Green Tree Python

I just can’t decide so I’m wondering what the opinions here are

Old 12-26-2017, 04:24 PM   #2
Donald C
I'll admit to being partial to carpets over GTPs, but that's just me.

Old 12-26-2017, 04:57 PM   #3
Stephenson8011
I am leaning more towards the carpets. I had a coastal years ago and it was one of my favorites. Any advice on the morphs? Albino etc? Do they have a different temperament than the normal phase? Or do they require any different care?

Old 12-27-2017, 05:49 AM   #4
Donald C
I personally don't know much about carpets beyond the need to research the morphs before buying, since some have known neurological defects that come with certain morphs.

Old 01-19-2018, 08:04 PM   #5
Morelia4life
What did you get?

Old 01-19-2018, 08:12 PM   #6
Stephenson8011
The shows not until January 27-28

Old 01-19-2018, 08:24 PM   #7
Morelia4life
Oh, ok. I'd get a Jungle Carpet. That's what I'm getting at Tinley. Carpets are easier to take care of than GTP's. GTP's need more humidity and are true arboreals while carpets can usually take humidity ranges from 40 to 60%. Also, I think GTP's dont' handle handling as well as carpets do.

As far as morphs go, the Darwin is the only pure albino we have in the states right now, I believe. They have coastal/Darwin albino crosses, but I don't know if you care about purity or not. The jags are widely available but all jags have the Neurological gene that comes with the jags. It's like the spider wobbles in the Ball Pythons. Jungles, you have the zebra and super zebra morphs. You have Jungle Jags and Diamond Jungle Jags. There is just so many crosses out there.

Old 01-28-2018, 09:09 PM   #8
Stephenson8011
Ok so I ended up with something completely different. I got a male Anery Motley boa and a female Sharp Sunglow boa. Both are set up in their new homes and both even fed today when I got them home.

Honestly though I was a little unimpressed with the Orlando Repticon. The Jacksonville one was much better. Way more vendors and overall selection.
Attached Images

Old 01-28-2018, 10:31 PM   #9
hotlips
Sweet! I think research is important, but so is your gut feeling when you see them, as long as it's not a "way out in left field" impulse buy for which you aren't prepared.

Old 01-30-2018, 01:24 AM   #10
BlueCrowned
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlips View Post
Sweet! I think research is important, but so is your gut feeling when you see them, as long as it's not a "way out in left field" impulse buy for which you aren't prepared.
That's what my Boa was... turns out I wasn't a boa person... lol

Your new additions are beautiful! Enjoy them

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!