Living Gems Breeding Plans 2018 - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-28-2018, 07:47 PM   #11
Dyscophus antongilii
I lOVE the last breeding pair too, OMG!! Both links, direct you to Facebook. Which I do not have.

Thanks for your time and the eye candy!

Old 07-28-2018, 11:07 PM   #12
Snakesitter
Apologies. I e-mailed you direct e-mail and phone contact info using the User CP pages. Let me know if you do not receive it.

Old 07-28-2018, 11:53 PM   #13
Snakesitter
Breeding Profile Group 07 (Two-Shade Orange)

Welcome to Profile 07 of 09 for Living Gems’ 2018 breeding season. Our seventh group pairs Picasso with Peridot in search of double orange babies.

Picasso, a unique dual-orange male of undetermined age, came to us as a proven breeder. On top of his unique color pattern, he is known for pairing a voracious appetite (he has missed me by inches more than once on feeding night as he lunges for dinner) with an anorexic build (this snake never looks fat). Here he is as of November 2015:

As of his pre-breeding weigh-in, he measured 1967 grams.

Peridot, an August 2013 female, shares Picasso’s unusual dual orange color palette…which she should as his daughter (Malachite, from the prior breeding group, is her mother). While she got dad’s color, she got mom’s skepticism about handling (again, never hostile, just skeptical). She also thankfully got their love of food. ;-) Here she is as of February 2016:

As of her pre-breeding weigh-in, she measured 1976 grams.

If you like what you see, and want first dibs at any babies, you can sign up for the LGR Wait List here <http://statictab.com/w5cjpkc>.

As always, thank you for reading.

Old 07-29-2018, 11:17 PM   #14
Snakesitter
Breeding Profile Group 08 (High Orange)

Welcome to Profile 08 of 09 for Living Gems’ 2018 breeding season. Our eighth group pairs Scarface with Aventurine in search of high orange babies.

Scarface, a high orange July 2008 male, is one of our oldest snakes. He was named for both a favorite movie and a missing scale on his head when he came to us, now long healed. He is a bit standoffish with the ladies, except Almandine with whom he has fathered 46 babies. Here’s to hoping he can expand his genetic legacy this year. Here he is in a wonderful character shot as of July 2015:

As of his pre-breeding weigh-in, he measured 2210 grams.

Aventurine, a high orange September 2010 female, is one of our two bullseye girls. She is a picky feeder who prefers fresh-killed to frozen, and is not afraid to turn her snout at the latter. As a result, she took much longer than normal to hit breeding size. She makes up for it with generous color and those fabulous side markings. Here she is as of October 2015:

As of her pre-breeding weigh-in, she measured 2036 grams.

This is a repeat pairing, and their last litter from 2016 was stunning. Here is one of our holdbacks from that litter:

As a repeat pairing, we have high hopes for another successful result.

If you like what you see, and want first dibs at any babies, you can sign up for the LGR Wait List here <http://statictab.com/w5cjpkc>.

Old 08-03-2018, 11:01 PM   #15
Snakesitter
Breeding Profile Group 09 (Red)

Welcome to Profile 09 of 09 for Living Gems’ 2018 breeding season. Our ninth group pairs Vulcan with Pearl and Spessartine in search of reds.

Almandine was an incredible reddish orange female we lost during the move, and with her mate Scarface produced about 10-20% red and 80-90% orange babies, all high quality. Fortunately she was survived by a son. This snake, Vulcan – named for the god of fire and metalworking, not for the sci-fi character – was born in July 2013 and developed into a strong red holdback. He was a fast grower, and is friendly to a fault. Here he is as of January 2016:

As of his pre-breeding weigh-in, Vulcan measured 1749 grams.

Pearl, a July 2010 female, is sister to our overachieving breeder male Ceasarion, and has strong red in her lineage. She is a proven breeder who already produced a litter for us in November 2015. She is a het hypo, but this year we are using her for her normal genes. Here she is as basking her last litter as off October 2015:

As of her pre-breeding weigh-in, Pearl measured 2632 grams.

Spessartine, an August 2009 female from a high red lineage, is known as the “Ice Queen” at LGR due to the fact she has yet to find a suiter she likes: she rejected Prometheus in 2013, Prometheus again in 2014, DuVall in 2015, and Ericthonius in 2016. Thankfully, she has made good use of that time and her love of food: she is now our largest female by far, both in size and weight. Here she is as of October 2015:

As of her pre-breeding weigh-in, Spessartine measured 3249 grams (yes, that is almost twice the size of her boyfriend -- you see that in boas all the time, but not in rainbows).

Old 08-04-2018, 07:27 PM   #16
Dyscophus antongilii
That last pair is amazing. Did you get my email?

Thanks.

Old 09-02-2018, 08:08 AM   #17
AuroraBorealis
I never get tired of looking at these beauties !

Old 09-24-2018, 05:09 PM   #18
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesitter View Post
Welcome to Profile 06 of 09 for Living Gems’ 2018 breeding season. Our sixth group pairs Kilimanjaro with Malachite in search of mixed reds.

Kilimanjaro, a dark red male from our September 2011 Hills-Alexandrite pairing, was named after one of the tallest mountains in the world, in honor of his father, who was named after the famous mountaineer Sir Edmund Percival Hillary. The name also fit his baby personality, which was a bit on the volcanic side ;-)…though he has long since calmed down. Here he is as of January 2015:

As of his pre-breeding weigh-in, he measured 2087 grams.

Malachite, a reddish July 2008 female, is skeptical of this whole human idea. While never hostile, she likes to be set down as soon as possible, and will crane for the nearest piece of furniture to try and grab on. Apparently “moving trees” are not her thing. Here she is, in shed, as of July 2015:

As of her pre-breeding weigh-in, she measured 2583 grams.

Hi Cliff
It’s very to see you’re growing well with these lovely boas. As you know, I’m a sunglow fan, for the reds they produce. But seeing the high colors you’re getting out of your lines, I think it’s time to have one of these beauties in my new up
coming boa room. I’ll send you a pm in the next couple of months. I’d like something very orange.
It’s also nice to see an old time boa breeder still using fauna! So much has changed in the last several years while I was getting healthy. So much!
Best of luck and I hope to talk to you soon.

Rich

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!