how can i help my boa - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-14-2005, 08:30 AM   #31
The BoidSmith
If I were you I would follow your vet's suggestions. He is the one you will have to report to if the condition does not improve. He will have to know what's working and what's not. Luckily, my experience in dealing with infectious stomatitis is very limited. But I'm in agreement with Michael, as long as you provide a temperature gradient for her to thermoregulate she should be fine.

Old 11-14-2005, 09:05 AM   #32
crotalusadamanteus
I totally agree with Dan and Harold...........That's why I have not input on this very much. You need to stick to the regimen laid out by the treating vet. He should know ALL the facts, and kept updated, on any changes, since He will be the one treating your boa.
Just my $0.025

Micheal, let me know how you like the speculums. Just found that site recently.

Ciao,
Rick

Old 11-14-2005, 05:00 PM   #33
monitorman85
i just read a part of mikes thread he started.seeing how i cant post on there i will just say why would i email him that the snake he sent me was sick when it wasnt.he said how does he know that his is the one that is sick.i have some pics of him and i scaned the vet bill so i can show you guys.i was going to try get a pic of the mouthrot but i cant hold his mouth open and take the pic so i will try that the next time i treat him.here are some pics and i know he know this is the boa you can even go to it on the fauna classifieds and see it there.im not sure where it is but its on there its past page 12 i know that.
Attached Images

Old 11-14-2005, 05:02 PM   #34
monitorman85
heres the vet report.my scanner seems to be broke cuz theres a black line through it but its the bill.
Attached Images

Old 11-14-2005, 05:37 PM   #35
Junkyard
Steven, I am trying to understand your last post, it was pretty joggled around. Are you saying you never told Michael that the snake was sick? If this sick snake is not the same boa he sent you, why did you send him the vet bill for this snake?

Old 11-14-2005, 06:15 PM   #36
monitorman85
no that is the sick snake he sent me and i told him it was but he dont seem to care any.

Old 11-14-2005, 08:05 PM   #37
The BoidSmith
That boa is very skinny. Do you have any idea when was the last time it was fed?

Old 11-14-2005, 08:34 PM   #38
monitorman85
i fed him the day i got him and im going to feed again on wensday.i thought he looked skinny for a 3.5-4ft red tail.he has smoe loose skin i thought it was from maybe starting his shed cycle but i dont think he wasnt taking care of him very well if he didnt even notice the mouthrot or so he says.im just wondering if the ball realy did die why hes not showing any pics like he said he would.if he would have taken it to the vet and something was wrong with it i would have payed for the vet bill as long as he had a copy of the bill.i just dont understand how it died in four days when he said it was fine and healthy.

Old 11-14-2005, 10:10 PM   #39
monitorman85
i havent seen any more snot looking stuff in his mouth today is this a good sign of the mouthrot getting better or does that stuff just come and go.

Old 11-14-2005, 11:47 PM   #40
Junkyard
I believe on the other thread, post #3 is a picture of the ball python he says he got from you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!